Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hard Yards For Mixon 2.0
Tiger

If you can't run the football it will catch up with you eventually. The guy has absolutely nowhere to go when he gets the ball. Why can't this team run the football? I really hate this outcome because it doesn't end well. The old Pittsburgh formula was to get up by ten points and run you in the ground 2nd half.

Now why would you even call that on 4th &1!!!!!!!
They may win but this game leaves more questions than answers! Can't run ever! They are kneecapping Joe because they can! Jo shouldn't even drop back in the fourth quarter.!!!! Hate it!!!!! Just run the Damn ball!!!
Go Bengals!

Where the Hell is Chris Evans & Daxton Hill !

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10050739-zac-taylors-play-calling-slammed-by-twitter-as-bengals-rally-to-knock-off-dolphins.amp.html
Reply/Quote
Agreed that Mixon had nowhere to go, but Perine seemed to have room, or he was quicker hitting the holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:14 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Tiger Agreed that Mixon had nowhere to go, but Perine seemed to have room, or he was quicker hitting the holes.

Tiger

Well still cant get 100 yards rushing. Im telling you that its necessary to win from week to week.
Reply/Quote
Still wondering if Pollack needs to pack his bags. I just don't know who they'd get to replace.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:14 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Agreed that Mixon had nowhere to go, but Perine seemed to have room, or he was quicker hitting the holes.

Because they had Burrow under the center when they'd run Perine and tried to run Mixon from the shotgun. 

I get that we need to have Burrow in the shotgun a lot to throw because we need to give him time to throw the ball but Mixon hits the hole a lot faster and is a lot better when Burrow is under center.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Still wondering if Pollack needs to pack his bags.  I just don't know who they'd get to replace.

I would try a new RB for a game or two before I replaced an offensive line coach.
Reply/Quote
And the weird thing is Mixon’s 2 best seasons were both with Pollack. I don’t think anyone was more excited than Mixon when they brought Pollack back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Tongue 
(09-25-2022, 05:14 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Agreed that Mixon had nowhere to go, but Perine seemed to have room, or he was quicker hitting the holes.

I think Perine hits the hole quicker.He gets really low,and takes shorter strides and just keeps powering forward,as Mixon takes long strides,and tends to hesitate.
Reply/Quote
Mix this season seems to have lost half a yard of pace also the difference between him and Perine is Perine just goes forward as he doesn’t have the finesse for anything else but today that’s exactly what was needed.

Not writing off Mixon yet but it’s concerning how he’s only had one half decent run in 3 games
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because they had Burrow under the center when they'd run Perine and tried to run Mixon from the shotgun. 

I get that we need to have Burrow in the shotgun a lot to throw because we need to give him time to throw the ball but Mixon hits the hole a lot faster and is a lot better when Burrow is under center.

As evidenced by Mixon's stellar performances so far from Burrow under center. :)
Reply/Quote
Make it a 60/40 split with Mixon and Perine. That’s how Denver does it with Javonte Williams and Melvin Gordon
Reply/Quote
So...I saw a stat last week that Mixon isn't even getting the yards blocked for on a play. That's all on Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because they had Burrow under the center when they'd run Perine and tried to run Mixon from the shotgun. 

I don't think the QB being under center matters as much as the formations they are using.

Mixon is running out of 3 WR formations. It looked like Perine had 1 WR out there during his runs.

There's also the mindset of linemen digging deep to knock their guy on his ass when the second or third back is in the game, as opposed to thinking the starter can make things happen. I know it shouldn't matter who is in the game behind you, but it does happen. It happens with QB's as well, where the line takes it as a oersonal mission to be sure the backup can do his job unimpeded.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what's up with Mixon? It's not all on the Oline. It's not all on the formation or playcalling. He just seems timid, unsure, even weak.

I just don't know?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't know what's up with Mixon? It's not all on the Oline. It's not all on the formation or playcalling. He just seems timid, unsure, even weak.

I just don't know?

Maybe last year scarred him and now he’s all dancy and expecting to get hit behind the LOS

Pollack needs to tell him to just hit the hole, and then juke at the 2nd level. Mixon is juking almost immediately
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Maybe last year scarred him and now he’s all dancy and expecting to get hit behind the LOS

Pollack needs to tell him to just hit the hole, and then juke at the 2nd level. Mixon is juking almost immediately

I agree, maybe to patient waiting for a hole. Just go Joe!
Reply/Quote
Mixon also isn't breaking tackles or forcing many missed tackles either, which is definitely affecting his production.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Maybe last year scarred him and now he’s all dancy and expecting to get hit behind the LOS

Mixon has always bounced plays outside when he has a hole.  He's one of those backs that tries to hit home runs instead of taking what's there.  
Reply/Quote

Being under center doesn't help Mixon, or any other back. That correlation that you think exists just doesn't. Mixon has a higher yards per carry from shotgun (4.23) than he does under center (3.94). Mixon has a slightly higher ratio of explosive runs from shotgun (4.3%) than under center (4.2%). Mixon scores touchdowns at a higher ratio from shotgun (3.2%) than under center (2.5%). Mixon does everything better from shotgun, just like most other backs. 

I think the most likely explanation is that Mixon is just slowing down. We are getting to the point that we can't just say "slow start" anymore. Mixon is simply not as good as many of us thought he was, including myself. 
Reply/Quote
Mixon tackling himself this year.

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote