Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hard Yards For Mixon 2.0
(09-26-2022, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ofc it’s not ALL on Mixon…

That’s a huge gain if Jonah makes his block.

Honestly this is the kind of stuff I've been seeing. We ran a couple toss plays where Karras is supposed to pull but he's behind Mixon the whole time with no way to block. Also a play where Assai misses his block and his guy makes the tackle. These are the types of things we can clean up and Mixon certainly would've had a big run there.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can you possibly determine how many yards are "blocked for"?

Wouldn't Mixon have to fall down without being touched to run for fewer yards than were "blocked for"?

I dunno, I didn't compile the stats. I was just giving you the source of the claim.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So they weren’t worried about trying to force a 3 and out to get the ball back?

Down 2 scores they weren't nearly as much as stripping the ball. Watch the replay. Lots of punching and high tacking. All teams do it.Couldn't really believe it myself with all that time and then after the game heard Boomer say the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ofc it’s not ALL on Mixon…

That’s a huge gain if Jonah makes his block.

True. But Jonah did have a nice block down by the goal line to help get Mixon some yards. It's definitely a combination of errors. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So they weren’t worried about trying to force a 3 and out to get the ball back?

They were. I don't know why it is so hard to actually compliment the line and Perine on good pieces of running and run blocking. Perine did what he was asked to which is hit the gap ASAP and run north-south. The scheme made more sense in that he wasn't trying to stretch to the edge but instead hitting the RT-RG gap and Collins - Cappa - Karras were in their element just driving into the defense and making a hole. It was pretty simple actually. 
Reply/Quote
Gotta say I'm a big fan of Goodberry. Puts some good content out there. As a Mixon fan and someone who has him on his fantasy team this one is hard to watch. But negatives for the run game all around that should get cleaned up.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: They were. I don't know why it is so hard to actually compliment the line and Perine on good pieces of running and run blocking. Perine did what he was asked to which is hit the gap ASAP and run north-south. The scheme made more sense in that he wasn't trying to stretch to the edge but instead hitting the RT-RG gap and Collins - Cappa - Karras were in their element just driving into the defense and making a hole. It was pretty simple actually. 

I don't know what it will take before people get off the Mixon high. I got off the Burrow high for at least a portion of a game this season lol, saying Burrow sucks. I say this routinely with Joey Mixon. I think he can do better with split reps, but now we need even more situations for Perine to excel before people say "oh maybe".
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:11 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Gotta say I'm a big fan of Goodberry. Puts some good content out there. As a Mixon fan and someone who has him on his fantasy team this one is hard to watch. But negatives for the run game all around that should get cleaned up.

I think if we could see all 22 camera during live feed it'd be a game changer.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think if we could see all 22 camera during live feed it'd be a game changer.

I don't think the GameDay thread could handle an all 22 angle. A new meaning of the dark web.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:26 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I don't think the GameDay thread could handle an all 22 angle. A new meaning of the dark web.

We may have less questions. lol
Reply/Quote