Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincy/Newport places to eat
Taking my daughter to Newport next week for her birthday. Aquarium, planning on a trip to the zoo, have another place or two in mind. Any suggestions on a good place to take a 7-year-old to eat? Normally when we go it's eating at the stadium or McDonald's, so I hardly ever look for anyplace else that might be fun and have decent food.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
7 huh? I eat out so little now, I don't know hardly any restaurants anymore. Newport on the Levee maybe? Deweys Pizza is there. I think there is a Tom Chee also. Brio if you want a little fancier, and there is a cold Stone Ice Cream place.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Taking my daughter to Newport next week for her birthday. Aquarium, planning on a trip to the zoo, have another place or two in mind. Any suggestions on a good place to take a 7-year-old to eat? Normally when we go it's eating at the stadium or McDonald's, so I hardly ever look for anyplace else that might be fun and have decent food.

Our kids like the Hofbrau.....live music, dancing at times, (including the dreaded chicken dance lol) neat atmosphere, and good German fare.  The beers are good too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Taking my daughter to Newport next week for her birthday. Aquarium, planning on a trip to the zoo, have another place or two in mind. Any suggestions on a good place to take a 7-year-old to eat? Normally when we go it's eating at the stadium or McDonald's, so I hardly ever look for anyplace else that might be fun and have decent food.

What I do would do is just drive around down there and talk to people and see what sounds good.  I haven't been down there in a while.
Reply/Quote

Strongs brick oven pizza.  Don't even have to leave your aquarium parking spot.  Damn good pie. 
Reply/Quote
Dick's Last Resort is fun, the food is okay.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 04:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dick's Last Resort is fun, the food is okay.
didn't know they had one that direction. I've only seen them down south. Might give that a try.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 09:00 PM)Benton Wrote: didn't know they had one that direction. I've only seen them down south. Might give that a try.

Yep.....fairly new....right on the Levee.

Reply/Quote

There is a REALLY good pizza place in Newport called "Strong's Brick Oven Pizza". Really good pizza, calzones, etc. Wont break the bank and really good food. Check it out. 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/strongs-brick-oven-pizzeria-newport
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote