Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardy Nickerson and Jordan Evans are Terrible
(11-20-2018, 12:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's a shame the Bengals didn't get Zach Brown a couple years ago when they had the chance.

Who knows...had we drafted him he may be rated in the 40's or 50's. LB's just don't pan out here.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 01:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who knows...had we drafted him he may be rated in the 40's or 50's. LB's just don't pan out here.

I was referring to FA, not the draft. He was signed by Washington in 2017 offseason for just a 1-year, $4.65 mill deal. He then re-signed for an additional $3 years at $21 mill that can get up to $24 mill total.
And it's not like Brown was some scrub before going to Washington...he put together a 2016 season with Buffalo of 149 total tackles, 4.0 sacks, 4 PDs, and 1 INT. He was also rather good with Tennessee for the four years prior to that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did i hear right. Super slow shitty ass Nickerson was on the field for every defensive snap when we were playing against a run first super fast QB. Our third round super athletic LB who has some speed and would be an ideal LB for defending a run forst QB. Got zero snaps.

Super close to giving up an hoping we lose out. Better draft position and better be the end of marvin
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:16 AM)Sweetness Wrote:  I personally feel our team is pretty talented and has good players but our coaches are too inept to get all they can from them.

(11-20-2018, 10:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. If these guys played for another team, they might have developed.

Right, because look at the long list of Bengal players who have been busts here but went on to develop into good players on other teams.

Like, um  .  .  er, .  .  .  well,  .  .  The list is so long I can't post it here.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: heres where I dont understand Lewis.
he belittles Auden Tate.....yet allows Nickerson to start who was a undrafted FA too.
I mean 31 teams didnt bother to sign him either.
your practice squad for a reason right?

Hardy Nickerson was not on the practice squad this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For sure. Hart has sucked on 2 different teams now for example.

....and the scary part?  He's better than our 1st and 2nd rd picks at that position. Shocked

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hardy Nickerson was not on the practice squad this year.

He should have been. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Nickerson's current PFF rating is 41.4. That rates as the #76 LB. A rating in the low 40's is pretty terrible and he's starting for us.

Evans rates at 46.2 which is the #72 LB.

We also have 4 lineman that start on the offensive line rated in the 50's which is bad.

When we were winning...we didn't have people rated this low.

No surprise with Nickerson, with Evans atleast he has shown something at times and he is athletic.

The mental part of the game and the coaching i believe is the problem with our Linebackers. Need Vigil out there
and to give Malik a shot, think Burfict is still banged up as Sunset has been alluding to. BTW, cannot act like PFF is
gospel either cause Evans has had a couple good games. Haslett once again i must remind people is terrible.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 04:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because look at the long list of Bengal players who have been busts here but went on to develop into good players on other teams.

Like, um  .  .  er, .  .  .  well,  .  .  The list is so long I can't post it here.

I said drafted by another team...not go there after the Bengals culture and coaches ruined them as reclamation projects.

And a guy like Evan Mathis comes to mind as someone who didn't play here then went on to become a star elsewhere.
Reply/Quote