Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardy Nickerson and Jordan Evans are Terrible
Nickerson's current PFF rating is 41.4. That rates as the #76 LB. A rating in the low 40's is pretty terrible and he's starting for us.

Evans rates at 46.2 which is the #72 LB.

We also have 4 lineman that start on the offensive line rated in the 50's which is bad.

When we were winning...we didn't have people rated this low.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Nickerson's current PFF rating is 41.4. That rates as the #76 LB. A rating in the low 40's is pretty terrible and he's starting for us.

Evans rates at 46.2 which is the #72 LB.

We also have 4 lineman that start on the offensive line rated in the 50's which is bad.

When we were winning...we didn't have people rated this low.

What's MJ's rating ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:23 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What's MJ's rating ?

MJ 53.7
Preston Brown 55.2

If you have a bunch of starters below 60 you won't win.

Most of our team is in there. We don't have a bunch of people in the 70's and 80's either.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: MJ 53.7
Preston Brown 55.2

If you have a bunch of starters below 60 you won't win.

Most of our team is in there. We don't have a bunch of people in the 70's and 80's either.

MJ is not part of the solution at DE

And our LBers are I'n sure among the worst in the league as a unit

Not a winning formula for sure
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: MJ is not part of the solution at DE

And our LBers are I'n sure among the worst in the league as a unit

Not a winning formula for sure

Interestingly, our LB's and Offensive Line have about the same ratings. They're equally bad.

Take away some timely turnovers early in the year and we're at 2-3 win team right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interestingly, our LB's and Offensive Line have about the same ratings. They're equally bad.

Take away some timely turnovers early in the year and we're at 2-3 win team right now.

In the crazy twist of all twists our putrid D won two games for us early on. Irony at it's finest
Reply/Quote
Yeah, these guys are roster-filler at best. Bengals may have to go LB first 2 rounds of draft next year.
Reply/Quote
I get why Nickerson is struggling but Evans is bizzare to me. From Athletic ability standpoint and from a college production standpoint guy was good.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
heres where I dont understand Lewis.
he belittles Auden Tate.....yet allows Nickerson to start who was a undrafted FA too.
I mean 31 teams didnt bother to sign him either.
your practice squad for a reason right?
Reply/Quote
PFF says our LBers are really bad?

[Image: WTaLhWe.jpg]

Reply/Quote
They are horrible. Can’t cover. Can’t tackle. Can’t do shit. Why do they continue to start isthe real question.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:24 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I get why Nickerson is struggling but Evans is bizzare to me. From Athletic ability standpoint and from a college production standpoint guy was good.

We have a lot more talent at WR than we do at LB. That might have something to do with it. 
Reply/Quote
Honestly I feel like it's hard to say anyone on our team is just a really bad player. Our coaches are so archaic most players are being set up to fail. When your entire team is being coached to play like it's 2002 you're going to be really bad in the year 2018. I personally feel our team is pretty talented and has good players but our coaches are too inept to get all they can from them.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:16 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Honestly I feel like it's hard to say anyone on our team is just a really bad player. Our coaches are so archaic most players are being set up to fail. When your entire team is being coached to play like it's 2002 you're going to be really bad in the year 2018. I personally feel our team is pretty talented and has good players but our coaches are too inept to get all they can from them.

Yes. If these guys played for another team, they might have developed.

Our PFF LB ratings are similar to our offensive line ratings.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:16 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Honestly I feel like it's hard to say anyone on our team is just a really bad player. Our coaches are so archaic most players are being set up to fail. When your entire team is being coached to play like it's 2002 you're going to be really bad in the year 2018. I personally feel our team is pretty talented and has good players but our coaches are too inept to get all they can from them.

Pretty spot on, although I do believe there are a couple of bad players on this team right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty spot on, although I do believe there are a couple of bad players on this team right now.

For sure. Hart has sucked on 2 different teams now for example.

Reply/Quote
We need to draft two linebackers in the first 3 rounds. My god we have the worst in the NFL by far !! It’s amazing the Bengals don’t see this
Reply/Quote
It's a shame the Bengals didn't get Zach Brown a couple years ago when they had the chance.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:24 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I get why Nickerson is struggling but Evans is bizzare to me. From Athletic ability standpoint and from a college production standpoint guy was good.

Yes, he was, he's got his ups and downs, but put someone solid next to him so he can worry about his job instead of his +1
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:39 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We need to draft two linebackers in the first 3 rounds.   My god we have the worst in the NFL by far !!   It’s amazing the Bengals don’t see this

We definitely need atleast 2 more good LB's...but we also need about 3 more quality O-Lineman too.

That's the huge dilemma.

More needs than realistic chances draft picks will fill them.

We are rebuilding my friends.
Reply/Quote