Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Harris still supports Jussie Smollett
(12-03-2023, 12:03 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: She acknowledged Jussie Smollet’s asshattery, anywhere she owns up to her own? Her statement is pretty much what I’ve been saying this entire thread about why the tweet stands. Could’ve happened!!

Like thousands of others, she posted support for a man who reported he was a victim of a crime.  Where was her own "asshattery"?  She should apologize because she was wrong to believe him?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 12:52 PM)pally Wrote: She should apologize because she was wrong

[Image: tumblr_ncrvp08xLL1r1k6vvo2_r1_500.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 01:00 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ncrvp08xLL1r1k6vvo2_r1_500.gif]

Aren't we talking about two different forms of "wrong" here?  Morally wrong and factually incorrect are two different things.  

I will take the time to pat myself on the back and say that whenever anyone claims to be a victim or abused or anything I just turn my head and pretend I don't see it, because hey I wasn't there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 11:45 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Has she owned up to her mistake and jumping the gun at all? If not, why not? Also if not, Luvnit’s post isn’t unreasonable.

If she has, like a good leader would, I’d be in total agreement this thread should have never existed and is just unnecessary hand wringing.

Ok.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I think the moral of this story like many other similar ones is people like to jump the gun for political points before any evidence is proven.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 01:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think the moral of this story like many other similar ones is people like to jump the gun for political points before any evidence is proven.

I mean, that was the moral of the story in 2019. The moral of the story now is that some people like to drudge up stupid shit years after it is relevant and potentially even inaccurate to fuel outrage among those that will blindly listen to it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 01:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ok.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pally already posted this in the CNN article.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 01:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Pally already posted this in the CNN article.

So you knew Harris went back on her original post of support?  But you continued to ask if she did?

Ok.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 01:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you knew Harris went back on her original post of support?  But you continued to ask if she did?

Ok.

If we’re going to consider a long winded “this didn’t happen but could’ve happened” as “going back on it”, then I concede.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 01:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, that was the moral of the story in 2019. The moral of the story now is that some people like to drudge up stupid shit years after it is relevant and potentially even inaccurate to fuel outrage among those that will blindly listen to it.

Yeah I was referring to the outrage all drummed up 4 years ago. Harris's PR team gave her a statement to read to try to save face and she has moved on since as she probably could care less about all of that anyways.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 01:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If we’re going to consider a long winded “this didn’t happen but could’ve happened” as “going back on it”, then I concede.

Meh, one of the benefits of being a regular nobody on the internet and not a public figure is that you aren't required to weigh in on stuff.  Though if you are a politician and you have a bad take now you can just say that you were right and what you believed happen DID happen and it was covered up by "insert your supporter's least favorite media or the Joos here."

This whole Smollett thing reminded me of the woman who said Obama supporters carved a backwards B in her face, or even better when Morton Downey Jr. drew a backwards swastika on his face and claimed someone did it to him, or something...damn that was a while ago.

Anyways, I never believe anyone and I'm not a mandated reporter so I can enjoy never getting involved. 
Reply/Quote
Trump in 1989 placed full page advertisements in New York newspapers calling for the death penalty for the Central Park 5. For crimes, they have since been cleared of. In 2019, he refused to even acknowledge the fact he was wrong.
VP Harris, showed support when the crime was reported. And saying people shouldn't be targeting for their race, religion, or sexual orientation is legit even if the crime wasn't.
When it was discovered Smollet lied she responded to that also.
The whole premise of this thread is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
Like I said before . . . more of a mix of free, unintentional comedy and sadness than anything else.

Tsk. Tsk.
[Image: klaxon.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 02:05 PM)pally Wrote: Trump in 1989 placed full page advertisements in New York newspapers calling for the death penalty for the Central Park 5.  For crimes, they have since been cleared of.  In 2019, he refused to even acknowledge the fact he was wrong.  
VP Harris, showed support when the crime was reported.  And saying people shouldn't be targeting for their race, religion, or sexual orientation is legit even if the crime wasn't.
When it was discovered Smollet lied  she responded to that also.
The whole premise of this thread is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The thread was started by me because Jussie lost another appeal Friday. Simply, Harris has never denounced Smollett for the harm intended by Jussie on Trump.

All Harris had to do was have a staff member delete the tweet, but it is still there for the world to see how she jumped to a WRONG CONCLUSION.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 10:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The thread was started by me because Jussie lost another appeal Friday. Simply, Harris has never denounced Smollett for the harm intended by Jussie on Trump.

All Harris had to do was have a staff member delete the tweet, but it is still there for the world to see how she jumped to a WRONG CONCLUSION.

She said absolutely NOTHING about Trump in her original statement and she updated her statement when more information was known.  She is not responsible for Smollett's motives.

You are really really reaching here but hey if this is what helps stoke your perpetual state of outrage so be it.  It is just too bad you haven't seen fit to start a thread condemning the actions of your state's GOP chief and his Mom's for Liberty founder wife. You know those people who are so busy force-feeding a culture war to play morality police towards other's behaviors but apparently, regularly enjoyed the same type of behavior themselves.  A filmed bisexual threesome isn't exactly in the GOP's public playbook.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 10:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The thread was started by me because Jussie lost another appeal Friday. Simply, Harris has never denounced Smollett for the harm intended by Jussie on Trump.

Making posts that never get deleted that show the world that you jumped to the wrong conclusion is what makes this board viable.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you won't get that joke.
Reply/Quote

Some wrong conclusions are much more consequential than others--

e.g., believing Trump when he said the presidential election of 202o was stolen from him.

Believing Fox commentators who said Trump never attempted a coup.

Believing the Russia investigation was a "hoax" triggered by the Steel Dossier.

Believing that a "weaponized DOJ" rather than Trump's own actions brought 4 indictments down on him.

You jumped to the wrong conclusion on every one of those topics, but your posts are still up.

Compared to all that, Smollett is

[Image: 71KnxKQjZIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you think 4 years is enough time for Harris to have her staff delete a tweet????????????

Why is it still up? 

(12-02-2023, 06:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Is anyone actually outraged or reacting like this somewhere? I don’t really see it in the OP.

The 12 question marks in Luvnit's post here imply at least a degree of outrage, I would think.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 01:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If we’re going to consider a long winded “this didn’t happen but could’ve happened” as “going back on it”, then I concede.

She actually addressed that in the full post:

"Part of the tragedy of this situation is that it distracts from that truth, and has been seized by some who would like to dismiss and downplay the very real problems that we must address."

She's talking about you :).
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:34 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: She actually addressed that in the full post:

"Part of the tragedy of this situation is that it distracts from that truth, and has been seized by some who would like to dismiss and downplay the very real problems that we must address."

She's talking about you :).

The ol’ standby, “republicans seizing and pouncing”.
Reply/Quote