Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Harris still supports Jussie Smollett
(12-07-2023, 03:05 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The ol’ standby, “republicans seizing and pouncing”.

Meh, people lie.  The only way to never be wrong about stuff people says is to never weigh in and our "leaders" don't have that luxury.  This goes for people on any side who support someone who turns out to be lying.  What matters is how people respond to being wrong, because no one is always right.

Everyone seizes and pounces on this stuff because it's effective.  When you choose to back a side you are going against the other side, and you aren't always going to be right.  For example, I realize now that when my wife told me her brother in law was abusive to her sister and my response of "He seems OK to me" I was tacitly taking his side in my attempt to not get involved and/or express that I didn't have the information to feel compelled to accept the narrative I was being given.

I could see some folks looking at that response on my part and deciding that I wasn't showing faith in my wife, or I was calling her or her sister a liar.  No one pounces on me because I'm a wishy-washy nobody.  I don't even know if I was wrong.  Doesn't even matter to me.  Hain't my life.  This isn't a mindset and approach people want to hear "important people" give, though.  Just my 2 cents.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 03:05 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The ol’ standby, “republicans seizing and pouncing”.

Oddly I don't think she said republicans...you did.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 03:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oddly I don't think she said republicans...you did.   Mellow

Because it’s a meme.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=republicans%20pounce

I’m admittedly on twitter entirely too much.
Reply/Quote

She didn't mention Republicans. I think what you're picking up on is that it's generally considered part of the Republican platform (or at least the ethos that tends to spawn Republican sentimentality) that racism has been defeated and it's only a minor part of the world now and easy to identify.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 03:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: She didn't mention Republicans. I think what you're picking up on is that it's generally considered part of the Republican platform (or at least the ethos that tends to spawn Republican sentimentality) that racism has been defeated and it's only a minor part of the world now and easy to identify.

I see it more along the lines of one side of our political coin (at least for now) being dominated by folks who have the mantra that you never back down, never stop fighting, never admit you are wrong and argue in a manner based upon you being right because you have the evidence on your side, or you are right because the evidence you don't have is being hidden and buried, thus making you both right and a sort of martyr.

How do we know Jussie Smollett wasn't telling the truth but the deep state buried all the evidence and then threatened the lives of him and his family in order to compel him to tell everyone he was "lying?"  For all of those people who are condemning him as a liar, do you know that that truth will NEVER come to light?  I don't, so I'm not even going to weigh in on him being a liar now.  I don't want to be wrong so I'll just say it may or may not have happened.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quote:She didn't mention Republicans. I think what you're picking up on is that it's generally considered part of the Republican platform (or at least the ethos that tends to spawn Republican sentimentality) that racism has been defeated and it's only a minor part of the world now and easy to identify.

See above. I’ll also add if you have twitter and search “republicans pounce” right now there’s actually currently a decent example of the type of thing that caused it to be a meme to begin with.

Anyway…
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 03:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: See above. I’ll also add if you have twitter and search “republicans pounce” right now there’s actually currently a decent example of the type of thing that caused it to be a meme to begin with.

Anyway…

That seems to be when republicans actually say something.

She never mentioned them.  

Not all people who "pounced" on this story as a way to say racism isn't real (for example) were republicans. Racism doesn't belong to just one party, it's just been adopted by the leaders of one party as a good way to rile up it's base for votes.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote