Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(11 hours ago)Dill Wrote: So I lied about not remembering? You've decided the guy who defends women's rights didn't alter a marriage vow as you expected, regardless of what he says?  Not clear how any of this relates to what Butker said or intended. It just seems you are fishing for a way to disparage my character, like that would make my text-based argument somehow wrong. Speculating about whether and how I value immigrant kids fits that category as well.

To repeat, it's not my "perception" that he directed his remark about diabolical lies to the "ladies." 

It is also not my "perception" that after prioritizing marriage and children for women, he next addressed men, saying their job
was to go out into the world and restore order.

And I don't believe you "perceive" words other than the ones quoted. You DECIDED that Butker meant "people" even though he said "women."
Just as when he sets different roles for men and women, you DECIDED he really just means "family first." 

My "perception" fits the words as written; yours fits the words you substituted for his.

I responded to your DM Link about women giving up careers and returning home. That is acknowledging that women do give up careers to become housewives. So why do you say the "the sad part is, you fail to acknowledge that there are TONS of women that have successful careers that CHOSE to stop working . ."? What evidence is there that I don't acknowledge that? And how does that refute or affect my claim that Butker was advocating for traditional gender roles which undermine women's equality?

I don't need to do anything to "disparage" your character, you kinda wishy washy on some subjects. Avoiding direct questions by answering with another question. 
To me, you are some sort of Lefty Idealist, Is your perfect world a Utopian Society? 

Well you seem to be pushing some diabolical lies, maybe that's what he's talking about. 

No, I think many women look forward to getting married and having kids, educated or not, but not All can be stay at home moms or want to be that. 

Now again before you forget, In your perfect world, it is a Utopian Society? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't need to do anything to "disparage" your character, you kinda wishy washy on some subjects. Avoiding direct questions by answering with another question. 
To me, you are some sort of Lefty Idealist, Is your perfect world a Utopian Society? 

Well you seem to be pushing some diabolical lies, maybe that's what he's talking about. 

No, I think many women look forward to getting married and having kids, educated or not, but not All can be stay at home moms or want to be that. 

Now again before you forget, In your perfect world, it is a Utopian Society? 

It is his agenda.

Reference real life.

Many women do not have issue with his speech, nor do more normal people, only the extremes.

The extreme left, those are the ones complaining, and merit ignoring.
Reply/Quote