Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison HOF?
(01-10-2017, 12:09 PM)jason Wrote: A lot of Patriots haters do say that. I don't agree with that assessment for him or Steelers LBs. That year NE went 11-5 they played a very weak schedule.

It doesn't take long to notice that the team's with several HOF players tend to be well run organizations. Then you have the Bengals with one player... Whose prime was 30 plus years ago.

I don't buy it 100% either...but Brady went from low draft pick with a skill set to possible GOAT.  Meanwhile other QB's who have won with BB failed as soon as they had another system.

I'd have loved to have seen TB with a different coach or on another team to determine his real "skill" set vs knowing a system.  

And cheating.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't buy it 100% either...but Brady went from low draft pick with a skill set to possible GOAT.  Meanwhile other QB's who have won with BB failed as soon as they had another system.

I'd have loved to have seen TB with a different coach or on another team to determine his real "skill" set vs knowing a system.  

And cheating.  Ninja
Yeah. It's weird. As an Ohio State fan, I saw a lot of Brady in college. He was kinda blah... He kept getting benched for, and splitting time with Drew Henson toward the end.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Could we say the same about Tom Brady?  Pat's went 11-5 in a season without him.  3-1 this season without him.  He's just a plug in for a system that works.

Except that outrageous numbers and multiple (more than 2) Super Bowl rings take the system out of the equation. 

That's the difference between Brady and Harrison in that argument.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except that outrageous numbers and multiple (more than 2) Super Bowl rings take the system out of the equation. 

That's the difference between Brady and Harrison in that argument.

Does it? Would Matt Cassell have continued to greatness if Brady never played again?  

That's the question of being a "system" QB.  And, again, I'm not saying Brady is.

The Steelers defensive system allows linebackers to do much more too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Does it? Would Matt Cassell have continued to greatness if Brady never played again?  

That's the question of being a "system" QB.  And, again, I'm not saying Brady is.

NE does the best job of putting whoever is out on the field into a position to succeed. Outside of Edelman, Bennett, and Gronk I'm not sure any of their playmakers would be as successful on other teams. Dion Lewis was one foot outta the league, and he was playing great until he got injured. They get rid of their best defensive player midseason, and still have a sneaky good unit.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Does it? Would Matt Cassell have continued to greatness if Brady never played again?  

No, Cassel wouldn't have continued. He really had a pretty average year. The team did well, but he's nothing special--in that system or any other.

Brady on the other hand, has skills that would translate to other systems. BBs certainly enhances them, but he would do just fine on just about any other team.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 11:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: An honest question, do you guys think Harrison should make the HOF once he retires? We used to have conversations like this all the time on the old board, I'm interested in what you guys think on this subject.

You forgot something ...
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:30 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That's the irritating thing. "The numbers." **** the numbers, especially for defensive players. He's a force that MUST be accounted for every play. Even in his giant-headed old age. HOFer.

Not to mention the most epic play in SB history.

**** you guys, and **** the Steelers. But first ballot.

A sack and two tackles behind the line today--38 years old and still a dominant force on the field.

Maybe not Mean Joe, but he is in the same league as Loyd, Woodson and Polamolu for sure.

FIRST BALLOT--and it's not over yet.  Look out BRADY!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 01:53 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: You forgot something ...

That I don't really care what you guys think?  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 03:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That I don't really care what you guys think?  Cool

Seeing as your OP directly asks what we think, apparently you do....big, fat liar pants.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 12:10 PM)Beaker Wrote: Seeing as your OP directly asks what we think, apparently you do....big, fat liar pants.

But which is the lie?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 02:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But which is the lie?

Only a steeler fan would think that's a tricky question.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the NFL Hall is big enough for Harrison.  you probably need to include the NBA, MLB, and Golf Hall of Fame.......even then Harrison shouldn't be limited.  Maybe all Galaxy?  Universe?  All Godly perhaps?  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 01:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I don't think the NFL Hall is big enough for Harrison.  you probably need to include the NBA, MLB, and Golf Hall of Fame.......even then Harrison shouldn't be limited.  Maybe all Galaxy?  Universe?  All Godly perhaps?  

Can confirm. James Harrison to big to fit into the HOF.

[Image: harrison-liftin-weights.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
IF he goes in.......he'll go in as a Bengal. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 10:42 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: IF he goes in.......he'll go in as a Bengal. 

Nah, you've got your one hall of famer.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 10:42 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: IF he goes in.......he'll go in as a Bengal. 

Actually, you're partially right.  The Bengals will be listed as one of the teams he played for.  But, the HoF doesn't actually induct players "as" anything.  http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/ (Last question)

So, technically, if Harrison goes in, you'll have another HoFer.  But, he'll be a guy mostly known for playing for your biggest and most hated rival.  Seems par for the course for what Bengal fans have been through over the years, doesn't it?  Wink
Reply/Quote
Harrison has had a hell of a career I'm fine with him getting in the hall if he gets off the damn field.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 01:54 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Actually, you're partially right.  The Bengals will be listed as one of the teams he played for.  But, the HoF doesn't actually induct players "as" anything.  http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/ (Last question)

So, technically, if Harrison goes in, you'll have another HoFer.  But, he'll be a guy mostly known for playing for your biggest and most hated rival.  Seems par for the course for what Bengal fans have been through over the years, doesn't it?  Wink
All of us Bengals fans will certainly remember the one play that he made as a Bengal. I believe he stopped EJ Manuel on 3rd and 1. He nearly made another play when scored a TD, but it was called back due to a penalty.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 05:13 PM)jason Wrote: All of us Bengals fans will certainly remember the one play that he made as a Bengal. I believe he stopped EJ Manuel on 3rd and 1. He nearly made another play when scored a TD, but it was called back due to a penalty.
Which has me thinking... James Harrison would be a HOFer for sure if he didn't waste a season's worth of stats in Cincinnati. Hell that was when they had a competent LB coach. It would have been even worse now.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote