Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hart has to go
(09-09-2018, 08:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. I said it in the game day thread, but we’re still at least one draft away from fixing this line.

Glad we took a depth RB in rd4...

That pic still hurts my head, ugh
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I"ll wait to get shitty about Redmond. He's young and undisciplined, but that can be fixed. At least he's got a nasty streak.

Hart on the other hand...... I'd look at any possible improvement on the waiver wire. If Bushrod has an ounce of competence left, then work him out. An over the hill vet that can plug a hole for a year is better than a young bum who never had it to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Signing this worthless turd didn't make sense when it happened and it makes even less sense now Whatever

I swear, every year this team almost makes me have to wish injury on a player. While I refuse to ever do that, every year there's at least one player this staff astoundingly refuses to bench. I guess forcing square pegs into round holes is their specialty. Whatever

Again, I'm not saying I hope Hart gets injured. I never will... But I will admit that if Hart if ever carted off the field, I'll feel a sense of relief for the rest of the offense as a whole. If that makes me a bad guy then I apologize, but I'm sure it's the truth for a lot of people here as well.

And what made this even more hard to watch was our former castoff Margus Hunt ate him alive all day...…….is he that bad or is Margus that good now???  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: And what made this even more hard to watch was our former castoff Margus Hunt ate him alive all day...…….is he that bad or is Margus that good now???  

Yes, Hart is Og levels of bad. This shouldn't surprise anyone.
Reply/Quote
What has to go are threads like this....absolutely ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:36 PM)samhain Wrote: I"ll wait to get shitty about Redmond. He's young and undisciplined, but that can be fixed. At least he's got a nasty streak.

Hart on the other hand...... I'd look at any possible improvement on the waiver wire. If Bushrod has an ounce of competence left, then work him out. An over the hill vet that can plug a hole for a year is better than a young bum who never had it to begin with.

I don’t remember any penalties on Redman today, step in the right direction. However I do remember him getting Andy killed one play. He still looked better then Hart.
Reply/Quote
Redmond got a holding flag. Price nothing and after the one bad play looked pretty good. Glenn was clean and Boling got a False Start.

Then there was Hart...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 11:33 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: I don’t remember any penalties on Redman today, step in the right direction. However I do remember him getting Andy killed one play. He still looked better then Hart.

He had one.

Reply/Quote
At least now we're only talking about 1 offensive lineman that has to go as opposed to 4.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 11:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: At least now we're only talking about 1 offensive lineman that has to go as opposed to 4.

Indeed.

Reply/Quote
Information 
(09-09-2018, 10:36 PM)samhain Wrote: I"ll wait to get shitty about Redmond.  He's young and undisciplined, but that can be fixed.  At least he's got a nasty streak.  

Hart on the other hand......  I'd look at any possible improvement on the waiver wire.  If Bushrod has an ounce of competence left, then work him out.  An over the hill vet that can plug a hole for a year is better than a young bum who never had it to begin with.

I wonder if they still have Eric Winston's phone number?  He at least tries to get in the others guys way and make them at least push him to the ground.  Hart just got knocked on his ass and steamrolled repeatedly by the Magnificent Margus Hunt.  Of course it's
totally possibly that Margus Hunt has finally developed into the beast we all hoped for while he was a Bengal.   Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
Hart is a bum. I think Fisher is a better RT.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:57 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Hart is a bum. I think Fisher is a better RT.

Pollack must not agree or he’d be starting.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:43 AM)Shepdawg Wrote: I wonder if they still have Eric Winston's phone number?  He at least tries to get in the others guys way and make them at least push him to the ground.  Hart just got knocked on his ass and steamrolled repeatedly by the Magnificent Margus Hunt.  Of course it's
totally possibly that Margus Hunt has finally developed into the beast we all hoped for while he was a Bengal.   Hilarious  

To be fair, Margus Hunt was probably always a better fit as a 3-4 end than in our defense, so he's probably in a more suitable place in Indy's defense.  

I still don't think that Bobby Hart is good.  It's a damn shame that the first two rounds of the 2015 draft yielded 2 players that are altogether incapable of unseating a player like him.  God damn that's some sad shit.  That draft continues to haunt this team even after the powers that be recognize the mistake of starting those two turds.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: And what made this even more hard to watch was our former castoff Margus Hunt ate him alive all day...…….is he that bad or is Margus that good now???  

All day? LOL

Try 2 plays. On the TD drive before the end of the first half, Hunt was in the entire drive and didn't even sniff Dalton.

On Hunt's first sack, Dalton tucked the ball and gave up immediately. 

This witch hunt is getting beyond ridiculous. I'm watching the game right now and up to the end of the first half, Hart has been fine. 

"All day". luuuuulz

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:40 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I dont ever remember Fisher or OG playing as bad as Hart was today. This was the Colts. Its going to get much harder.

Just go back to pretty much any game in the past 2 years and its all there on tape for Og & Fisher.

I'd have to go back and look but i don't recall Hart getting much help from TE and certainly not RB.  If that did not work well against Margus Hunt then it will be a horror show versus Suggs, Von Miller ,etc...they are going to have to give him more help.

Og is not the answer , Fisher could be less bad perhaps - who knows?

If its getting to the point where its such a liability its costing us games then you have to do what we did at end of last year and just put your best 5 guys out there which means Boling at RT and Westerman/Hopkins at LG....hopefully does not get to that
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 06:07 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Just go back to pretty much any game in the past 2 years and its all there on tape for Og & Fisher.

I'd have to go back and look but i don't recall Hart getting much help from TE and certainly not RB.  If that did not work well against Margus Hunt then it will be a horror show versus Suggs, Von Miller ,etc...they are going to have to give him more help.

Og is not the answer , Fisher could be less bad perhaps - who knows?

If its getting to the point where its such a liability its costing us games then you have to do what we did at end of last year and just put your best 5 guys out there which means Boling at RT and Westerman/Hopkins at LG....hopefully does not get to that

I remember OG giving up two sacks in a game once, but there couldve been more than one game. The thing is, at least one of those sacks was against a really good DE and not the likes of Margus Hunt. Fisher I just cant remember. Did he ever give up 2 sacks in a game? The thing about Hart, his run blocking was equally as bad. He didnt do anything well yesterday and he is going to face way better DE's all year. He wasnt impressive in preseason either.

You could be right about putting our best 5 guys, and if that helps us improve im fine with it. None of Hart, OG or Fisher seem to be an answer.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Problem is we have nobody better behind him. I still think Og and Fisher are worse.

This is the truth.  We may not want to admit it, but he is our best option right now.  He is better in run blocking than either of those two and it isn't even close.  

He is still young and learning, but what concerns me is that there is now tape out there of what he struggles with:  A wide set where the LDE just breaks hard to the outside.   He doesn't get set properly to defend that and was repeatedly blown up. 

Surprisingly, they didn't bother to help him with a TE or a back.  Even a chip that would release for a check down option would be helpful.  

I am sure they will address that.  Matt Judon is probably salivating right now. 
Reply/Quote
I realize perspective can be skewed by more recent events, but in no way shape or form is Hart worse than CO, who singlehandedly cost us 2 seasons. If you think Hart sucked against Hunt (who is known to be just freakishly strong), in what world does OGGIE fair better against him than Hart, when Og's known issue is not being able to handle a bull rush? Margus would have eaten his lunch all day long against CO.... I still have a little hope for Fisher, but CO is a lost cause.....
Reply/Quote
Who are you replacing Hart with that is on the team right now? We need to see how he plays for the next few games see is this O line can get better together. If we could pick up a solid guy in a trade then ok but for who we got now on the team he is our best option I believe. Coach the guy up build his confidence this win should help after all we did some good things out there and he was a part of it.
Reply/Quote