Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hart has to go
Good to see some level-headedness emerge in this thread.

As I mentioned earlier; it was *2* plays out of 70 and if it was Khalil Mack doing the sacking, nobody would've uttered a word and an apologist attitude would've come out.

Because it was Hunt, people are losing their shit.

Stop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree Hart was awful and that other options need to be explored at RT. But to put the Oline play into perspective a little, the bengals Oline gave up 2 sacks, while piano mans dallas Oline gave up 6. So believe it or not, the Oline is still much better off, even with Hart.

Reply/Quote
The thing about it is everyone had a hiccup or two on the line yesterday (Except Cordy) but played better as the game progressed. Bobby Hart on the other hand was just over powered the entire game. They didn't use a variety of pass eush moves or speed to beat Hart instead Hunt just pushed him completely off his feet more than once.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Signing this worthless turd didn't make sense when it happened and it makes even less sense now Whatever

I swear, every year this team almost makes me have to wish injury on a player. While I refuse to ever do that, every year there's at least one player this staff astoundingly refuses to bench. I guess forcing square pegs into round holes is their specialty. Whatever

Again, I'm not saying I hope Hart gets injured. I never will... But I will admit that if Hart if ever carted off the field, I'll feel a sense of relief for the rest of the offense as a whole. If that makes me a bad guy then I apologize, but I'm sure it's the truth for a lot of people here as well.

how so he was better than what we had for the position at the time... and apparently still is  as hes starting. if hart goes down his next in line is not gonna be some magically perfect RT from this fantasy land you living in
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:27 PM)corpjet Wrote: Margus Hunt had more sacks today than his 4 seasons with us

Our coaches need to do 100 push-ups for their mistake.   Marvin needs to lose his beer belly as punishment.  Say What
Reply/Quote
Everybody is focusing on the 2 sacks, which were bad, but we can’t run to that side either.

LE =13ypc
LT = 7ypc
LG = 6ypc
C = 2.2ypc
RG = 4.7ypc
RT = 4ypc
RE = 0ypc

https://twitter.com/therbscout/status/1039146455188025344?s=21
Reply/Quote
55 offensive snaps, 5 went bad, two sacks and 3 tackles for loss all by Hunt.. That still leaves 50 snaps .. Yeah, it should have been zero and zero, but it wasn't.. 
Anyway, listening to Laph yesterday he mentioned Hart played hurt through most of the game, but hung in there for the W.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This is why I was so puzzled at only selecting a Center early and not drafting another OL in the first 4 rounds.

Hopefully it gets better soon.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:49 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Everybody is focusing on the 2 sacks, which were bad, but we can’t run to that side either.

LE =13ypc
LT = 7ypc
LG = 6ypc
C = 2.2ypc
RG = 4.7ypc
RT = 4ypc
RE = 0ypc

https://twitter.com/therbscout/status/1039146455188025344?s=21

4.7 ypc off RG is pretty good and 4.0 off RT is respectable.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: 4.7 ypc off RG is pretty good and 4.0 off RT is respectable.

Compared to what Mixon could off the left? No it isn’t.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:19 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I agree Hart was awful and that other options need to be explored at RT. But to put the Oline play into perspective a little, the bengals Oline gave up 2 sacks, while piano mans dallas Oline gave up 6. So believe it or not, the Oline is still much better off, even with Hart.

Oh cmon.. They have DAK! The greatest QB who ever stood still waiting to get buried under the defensive line .  Tough to believe Dallas fans are more upset about their ownership and coaches than we have ever been . They'd probably gladly trade for Mikey and Marvin at this point.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:19 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I agree Hart was awful and that other options need to be explored at RT. But to put the Oline play into perspective a little, the bengals Oline gave up 2 sacks, while piano mans dallas Oline gave up 6. So believe it or not, the Oline is still much better off, even with Hart.

Yep  -  I was watching the Dallas' O-line "Retreat and Catch" and shaking my head.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Compared to what Mixon could off the left? No it isn’t.

I dunno about you, but 4.7 is better than 2.x.. Then again I'm no mathematical genius.   

Reply/Quote
You know. .if we could get back Paul Alexander he could make Hart a real stud.. The kind you can buy at home depot for about 2.50 and pound nails into.. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:08 PM)grampahol Wrote: I dunno about you, but 4.7 is better than 2.x.. Then again I'm no mathematical genius.   

2.2 was middle, I was comparing to the left, try to keep up.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: how so he was better than what we had for the position at the time... and apparently still is  as hes starting.  if hart goes down his next in line is not gonna be some magically perfect RT    from this fantasy land you living in

Thinking Hart is worth a damn just because he's starting is living in a fantasy land. I guarantee you whoever is behind him isn't any worse. He may be just as bad, but no way he's worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Good to see some level-headedness emerge in this thread.

As I mentioned earlier; it was *2* plays out of 70 and if it was Khalil Mack doing the sacking, nobody would've uttered a word and an apologist attitude would've come out.

Because it was Hunt, people are losing their shit.

Stop.

Stop your nuts bro. PFF have him a 37.4 grade. That’s Ogbuehi level shitty. We all saw him stink up the place.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: And what made this even more hard to watch was our former castoff Margus Hunt ate him alive all day...…….is he that bad or is Margus that good now???  

Margus Hunt had a whopping 1.0 sack all last year in Indy. He’s never had more than 1.0 sack in a season until yesterday where he already has 2.0. I think it’s safe to say the problem is most definitely with Hart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: how so he was better than what we had for the position at the time... and apparently still is  as hes starting.  if hart goes down his next in line is not gonna be some magically perfect RT    from this fantasy land you living in

Right?

We knew the line was bad. We nitpicked over how bad it was.  We knew the right side was the worst of it.  Why all the drama? Until we get another player, the coaches (I am pretty sure all agree are positive) will start the best players... And we should all hope they improve.  But what really changed from what we knew going into OTAs???
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 02:01 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Right?

We knew the line was bad. We nitpicked over how bad it was.  We knew the right side was the worst of it.  Why all the drama? Until we get another player, the coaches (I am pretty sure all agree are positive) will start the best players... And we should all hope they improve.  But what really changed from what we knew going into OTAs???

Spot on. We knew it was a problem and it still is. We won inspite of Hart. But unfortunately he’s the best we have. But no doubt he was terrible yesterday
Reply/Quote