Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harvey 53 Man Projections
(06-22-2016, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: That sounds a lot like bare minimum to me.  When does the roster get past that being enough?  He does get those two catches a year, in the interest of fairness.

As with most other teams.. your 6th WR rarely sees the field unless injuries happen, so they ( 6th WR ) better add to the special teams.. so that is why Tate continues to be on this team. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 05:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Core wouldn't get cut for Tate...  but he might get cut for Kumerow or Bennett or Erikson   or what have you.

Tate is out there catching everything   is our KR and PR....   unless he gets hurt hes probly here again and again

Young guys don't get many reps. but so far all these super college returners we brought in and thought might supplant him have failed.  More important than big yard returns is safely getting that ball back into your QBs hands.

Core won't get cut for Bennett or Erickson either Xeno. I like Alonzo Russell better than both those
guys myself who is bigger and more athletic for the future. Kumerow has to show he can block cause
Wright already has. That is the big thing. ST's is where that last player gets a spot.

Definately agree about Tate, sure hands keep him here most likely unless Alford can show he has
them. Doubt he gets enough tries to show it though anyways.

I don't see Core getting cut with his speed, hands and ability to get deep. Similar to MLJ alot actually
but bigger. Just needs to crisp up his routes. I am hoping Kumerow shows the ability to block on ST's
cause i love his upside along with Russell's.

(06-22-2016, 06:11 PM)3wt Wrote: I don't know that I've heard that Kumerow  has burst or blocking skills.   Core has both, and they love his blocking skills.   Kumerow is known for being a large target with great hands, but not for his separation or blocking.

If Core doesn't have a pattern of drops I think he'll beat Kumerow out.

I see Erikson in a battle with Wright for one of the remaining spots.   It will depend on how healthy Wright is.  If he returns to his 2014 form it will be hard for Erikson to beat him out.

So I see us with a final receiver corps of Green, LaFelle, Boyd, Tate, Core and Wright.  Tate will almost certainly be on the final roster.

This Erickson guy sounds intriguing. Sounds like a quick Slot receiver behind Boyd if he can show some
on ST's. That is the key to everything, Simmons will pick his guys in the end.
Reply/Quote
I would usually opine that the Bengals would keep tried and true vets like tate. However the young studs like Core and Erickson and a guy I pimped last year Kumerow are too talented to sit on PS.

The Bengals have one of the if not the most talented roster in NFL. Teams will be scouring the throw offs. FO knows this
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 05:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Core wouldn't get cut for Tate...  but he might get cut for Kumerow or Bennett or Erikson   or what have you.

Tate is out there catching everything   is our KR and PR....   unless he gets hurt or kickoffs get completely eliminated hes probly here again and again

Young guys don't get many reps. but so far all these super college returners we brought in and thought might supplant him have failed.  More important than big yard returns is safely getting that ball back into your QBs hands.

Still kinda young for the number of years hes been in the nfl too..

Super college returners? Hilarious

Alford is the biggest competition we've brought in to compete against Tate and he was a 7th round pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 11:26 PM)Benton Wrote: http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/22419/jake-kumerow-bengals-nfl-draft-receiver-why-seem-to-like-him

Can't link the parts off ny phone, but its a decent read. And it seems like he's headed in the right direction.

Nice read Benton - thanks.   Pretty encouraging really.  The thing that really stuck out to me was Urban talking about his "get off".  So apparently he does have some burst.

You know just when I am convinced we need to get rid of Tate he goes and makes an amazing catch or a really decent return.  So I feel a little sheepish about wanting to replace him.  And he's been serviceable fielding punts.

But honestly when it was just Tate, Sanu, Burkhead and maybe Sanzenbacher nobody was getting open except Burkhead.  And at that point I determined that none of those receivers were worth keeping, or at the least would be dependent on being paired with a better receiver.

So I'm hoping we can get some new blood to produce this year - even if they start out with some rough edges.  I'm hoping that Cole, Kumerow and Erikson make enough of an impact that we can bump the rest of the back ups for these three.  I think Erikson is a good punt returner and probably could return kickoffs.  I was pretty excited about the way Wright looked 2 years ago, so if he returns to form I'd be OK with him as well.

I know the knee jerk feeling (of fans) every spring is to get the new guys in.  I'm hoping this year the new blood justifies the move.
Reply/Quote
It is interesting to look back at this thread prediction discussing 53 man roster over 2 months ago. Fast forward to today and the WR derby is still on and Core is almost a lock. It appears Tate also as he played very well. Hunt is still huge question mark in my opinion. The OT injury situation could cause us to have to keep an extra OL first few weeks.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote