Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harvey 53 Man Projections
I think Cody makes it.

Not sure Sims should have a guaranteed spot (even though he did sign for 2 more years, which should hint to him being safe). I like the guy, but we are supposedly deep at DT with youth.

Wright shouldn't be guaranteed a spot either. That was some catch he made vs Tampa bay in 2014.

Mays probably won't be cut due to the suspension. And there's no reason for him to be.

The wideout battle will be a good one. Liking what I read about Alex Erickson too. The true test will be when the pads come on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Was a bit surprised to see that he has Core and Hopkins as cuts on offense, and I thought that DiManche was being developed to be a pretty solid player. Not as surprised about Hopkins and DiManche, as I am to see Core listed as cut. When Treadwell went down, he performed very well as the WR1 for 'Ole Miss. I think that in the preseason, Core is going to open some eyes. (if they give him good reps, that is)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 11:26 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Here is Coley Harvey's 53 man projection.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16283985/53-man-roster-projections-every-nfl-team-2016-rosters-starting-lineups-depth-charts

Thoughts?

Projection or just coin flipping on the bubble guys at this point?

There's like to be a surprise cut somewhere along the line.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 03:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think it's way too early considering we haven't seen many of these guys with pads on yet...

Agreed,. It's another "way to early to predict" 53 man roster. Injuries aside, I think there may be some surprises this season when it's all said and done.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 08:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Mays probably won't be cut due to the suspension. And there's no reason for him to be.

He won't be on the 53 man roster and that is what we are talking about
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 11:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He won't be on the 53 man roster and that is what we are talking about

But unlike Burfict (listed as suspended) Harvey has Mays listed as cut. So that why folks are bringing it up.

As to the predictions I think this is the year we finally see Peerman hit the  bricks. A 30 year old WR that offers nothing more than ST may be a luxury we can no longer afford. I also see Core making it over Kumerow. 

Rest looks pretty good. I still have hope for an edge rusher at the expense of Williams. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But unlike Burfict (listed as suspended) Harvey has Mays listed as cut. So that why folks are bringing it up.

As to the predictions I think this is the year we finally see Peerman hit the  bricks. A 30 year old WR that offers nothing more than ST may be a luxury we can no longer afford. I also see Core making it over Kumerow. 

Rest looks pretty good. I still have hope for an edge rusher at the expense of Williams. 

Peerman made the Pro Bowl. Unless Mobely displaces Burkhead, I don't see the RB cast changing at all. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 02:14 AM)Shady Wrote: Peerman made the Pro Bowl. Unless Mobely displaces Burkhead, I don't see the RB cast changing at all. 

He's a ST Ace. Agreed.  We keep  four RBs

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 04:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We'll get an idea of where Tate ranks on the team early on. If he's handling return duties like he did during the last preseason, then it's basically a guarantee he'll make the team.

I read he had a great mini camp, and is catching everything. Hard to cut the guy, his hands are too good catching kicks and punts. He may not get the yards Pac gets, but you don't have to worry much about him fumbling a catch....
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Was a bit surprised to see that he has Core and Hopkins as cuts on offense, and I thought that DiManche was being developed to be a pretty solid player.  Not as surprised about Hopkins and DiManche, as I am to see Core listed as cut.  When Treadwell went down, he performed very well as the WR1 for 'Ole Miss.  I think that in the preseason, Core is going to open some eyes. (if they give him good reps, that is)

Thing with guys like Core and Alford.   is a 6th rounder is never gaurenteed a spot.   He might flash well but be inconsistent in other areas that coaches see in practice every day.

haven't seen anything negative on core but that kamerow kid is catching Everything. and its hard to ignore that lol

and why Wright might make it over core is because hes good at special teams... but there are some wildcards in this race at WR and anything can happen.. Bennett and Erikson both have a shot. Id say past

AJ, Boyd, Lafell. that last 3 spots (if we go 6 are open..) but Tate has 2 legs up one the 4th spot.
Reply/Quote
Kumerow is more of a known for the team than Core. From what I've read, they've like what he's got (size, burst, blocking and hands). I think he makes it over Core, who gets on the PS.
Reply/Quote
I am hoping the Erikson guy turns out.  I've been wanting a smaller guy to be like a Julian Edelman for us - someone who is smart, reliable, competitive and mentally tough.   It would be a nice addition to our stable.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 08:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I read he had a great mini camp, and is catching everything. Hard to cut the guy, his hands are too good catching kicks and punts. He may not get the yards Pac gets, but you don't have to worry much about him fumbling a catch....

That sounds a lot like bare minimum to me.  When does the roster get past that being enough?  He does get those two catches a year, in the interest of fairness.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: That sounds a lot like bare minimum to me.  When does the roster get past that being enough?  He does get those two catches a year, in the interest of fairness.

Someone has to beat Tate out McC. I thought someone would of the last 3 years but no one did. I thought Alford
would of last year since he was a great returner in college but he didn't get a chance from what i saw and what little
he did was no better than Tate.

The year before that i thought the Auburn returner would of but he didn't either.

Now Alford is dropping passes so it still doesn't look good. You have to have solid hands and hold onto the ball #1
when you are a returner and Tate is good in this aspect.

Next draft i sure hope we draft a returner with solid hands if no one can beat out Tate this year.

I would hate it if a talented WR like Core got cut for Tate. That would totally piss me off.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: That sounds a lot like bare minimum to me.  When does the roster get past that being enough?  He does get those two catches a year, in the interest of fairness.

When your team is fielding a punt on the 11 yd. line, the ability to hang onto a punt is not a bare minimum, it is a necessity......
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 04:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't think Flowers has PS eligibility.

NFl announced changes to the PS this year. Flowers would be eligible this year if they choose to put him there.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Someone has to beat Tate out McC. I thought someone would of the last 3 years but no one did. I thought Alford
would of last year since he was a great returner in college but he didn't get a chance from what i saw and what little

The year before that i thought the Auburn returner would of but he didn't either.

Now Alford is dropping passes so it still doesn't look good. You have to have solid hands and hold onto the ball #1

Next draft i sure hope we draft a returner with solid hands if no one can beat out Tate this year.

I would hate it if a talented WR like Core got cut for Tate. That would totally piss me off.

Core wouldn't get cut for Tate...  but he might get cut for Kumerow or Bennett or Erikson   or what have you.

Tate is out there catching everything   is our KR and PR....   unless he gets hurt hes probly here again and again

Young guys don't get many reps. but so far all these super college returners we brought in and thought might supplant him have failed.  More important than big yard returns is safely getting that ball back into your QBs hands.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Someone has to beat Tate out McC. I thought someone would of the last 3 years but no one did. I thought Alford

Core wouldn't get cut for Tate...  but he might get cut for Kumerow or Bennett or Erikson   or what have you.

Tate is out there catching everything   is our KR and PR....   unless he gets hurt or kickoffs get completely eliminated hes probly here again and again

Young guys don't get many reps. but so far all these super college returners we brought in and thought might supplant him have failed.  More important than big yard returns is safely getting that ball back into your QBs hands.

Still kinda young for the number of years hes been in the nfl too..
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 01:58 PM)Benton Wrote: Kumerow is more of a known for the team than Core. From what I've read, they've like what he's got (size, burst, blocking and hands). I think he makes it over Core, who gets on the PS.

I don't know that I've heard that Kumerow  has burst or blocking skills.   Core has both, and they love his blocking skills.   Kumerow is known for being a large target with great hands, but not for his separation or blocking.

If Core doesn't have a pattern of drops I think he'll beat Kumerow out.

I see Erikson in a battle with Wright for one of the remaining spots.   It will depend on how healthy Wright is.  If he returns to his 2014 form it will be hard for Erikson to beat him out.

So I see us with a final receiver corps of Green, LaFelle, Boyd, Tate, Core and Wright.  Tate will almost certainly be on the final roster.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 06:11 PM)3wt Wrote: I don't know that I've heard that Kumerow  has burst or blocking skills.   Core has both, and they love his blocking skills.   Kumerow is known for being a large target with great hands, but not for his separation or blocking.

If Core doesn't have a pattern of drops I think he'll beat Kumerow out.

I see Erikson in a battle with Wright for one of the remaining spots.   It will depend on how healthy Wright is.  If he returns to his 2014 form it will be hard for Erikson to beat him out.

So I see us with a final receiver corps of Green, LaFelle, Boyd, Tate, Core and Wright.  Tate will almost certainly be on the final roster.
http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/22419/jake-kumerow-bengals-nfl-draft-receiver-why-seem-to-like-him

Can't link the parts off ny phone, but its a decent read. And it seems like he's headed in the right direction.
Reply/Quote