Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harvin?
Any chance that Ol' Mike tries another reclamation project? Would you want him as a 3rd WR?

Have we talked about this already?
Reply/Quote
Not sure why you would want to do that, if it is to add speed.... You have Mario Alford waiting in the wings. Plus you have to deal with his Migraine issue, you never know when he is not going to be able to go...

Of course, all of this is assuming you are talking about Percy....
Reply/Quote
If any vet FA receiver is brought in, it will be after the draft.
With that said, I don't think we see another vet FA WR picked up unless an injury occurs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 06:59 PM)Brodude3 Wrote: Not sure why you would want to do that, if it is to add speed.... You have Mario Alford waiting in the wings. Plus you have to deal with his Migraine issue, you never know when he is not going to be able to go...

if he can play hes dynamic.. and returns kicks i believe.

It would be a low money deal but would allow us to focus on the trenches in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if he can play hes dynamic.. and returns kicks i believe.

It would be a low money deal but would allow us to focus on the trenches in the draft.

Isn't he supposed to be a headache in the locker room? 
Reply/Quote
Pass. He literally disappeared for the Bills and they weren't even sure if he was going to play another game.

He's a nutjob.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:59 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Isn't he supposed to be a headache in the locker room? 

just a literal headache as migrains have cost him a lot of playing time

it would have to be close to a vet min signing i would think so they can cut without much damage
Reply/Quote
[Image: Headache%20G144.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I rather not, I would just move on to the draft to upgrade the WR position rn.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I am usually in favor of giving a guy a second chance, but Harvin has played for 4 different teams in the last 4 years and averaged only 349 receiving yards per season.

There comes a point when you have to think it is the player instead of all the teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 06:59 PM)Brodude3 Wrote: Not sure why you would want to do that, if it is to add speed.... You have Mario Alford waiting in the wings. Plus you have to deal with his Migraine issue, you never know when he is not going to be able to go...

I don't think Harvin could stay healthy for a whole season, but regardless of that, lets not pretend Mario Alford is the solution. Just like Whalen, Binns, etc weren't the answer either.

Sometimes I feel like there's no player with more unrealistic expectations than a Bengals player buried on the depth chart.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 04:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think Harvin could stay healthy for a whole season, but regardless of that, lets not pretend Mario Alford is the solution. Just like Whalen, Binns, etc weren't the answer either.

Sometimes I feel like there's no player with more unrealistic expectations than a Bengals player buried on the depth chart.

I am not saying Alford is going to amount to anything, but when you give him zero chance you are being just as unreasonable as the people who claim he will be a star.

Alford's chances are slim, but Marvin Jones was a 5th round pick who had only 18 receptions as a rookie.

I don't count on late round picks being very productive, but I don't write any of them off after just one season.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not saying Alford is going to amount to anything, but when you give him zero chance you are being just as unreasonable as the people who claim he will be a star.

Alford's chances are slim, but Marvin Jones was a 5th round pick who had only 18 receptions as a rookie.

I don't count on late round picks being very productive, but I don't write any of them off after just one season.

Not saying write him off or give him zero chance, I am saying don't neglect seeking to improve your team with proven talent just because Alford is on the team. That's not a vote of confidence for Harvin mind you, just that... Proven NFL Talent > unproven 7th round picks.

If people get hurt in the season and he get a chance and does well with it, great for him. Just would be silly to be like "Nah, we don't need this guy, we have Alford/Binns/Whalen on the team."

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not saying Alford is going to amount to anything, but when you give him zero chance you are being just as unreasonable as the people who claim he will be a star.

Listen to this fredtoast guy he knows things =)

The coaches even said Alford impressed them in training camp, but the guy just couldn't get the reps last year to see what hes really made of.  This years training camp will give a lot of guys time to shine and see who can take those 2nd and 3rd receiving slots.  With the new 25 yard touchback rule I think we cut Tate in training camp and finally offload that turd.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: Listen to this fredtoast guy he knows things =)

The coaches even said Alford impressed them in training camp
, but the guy just couldn't get the reps last year to see what hes really made of.  This years training camp will give a lot of guys time to shine and see who can take those 2nd and 3rd receiving slots.  With the new 25 yard touchback rule I think we cut Tate in training camp and finally offload that turd.

Don't feed the Fredtoast.

The coaches also said Binns was uncoverable when he played Calvin Johnson for the scout team and would be a great #2. Same with Simpson for like 4 years, Hunt for his career, Porter for his career, Ghee for his career, Moch for his career. There's been a LOT of players the coaches have claimed to be impressed with. Heck, Marvin Lewis said Dennard was the greatest rookie corner he's ever seen. We've seen how all of those have worked out. Extra large grain of salt is required relying on their testimony alone.

If he does well, great for Alford, but banking on an undersized 7th round pick to alleviate your WR problems seems like an awfully silly reason to not upgrade what's a huge hole on a team that has desires to win a Super Bowl. Like putting thrown away tires onto your Escalade just because they're there and haven't been proven to be the trash they most likely are yet.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 04:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think Harvin could stay healthy for a whole season, but regardless of that, lets not pretend Mario Alford is the solution. Just like Whalen, Binns, etc weren't the answer either.

Dude the Almighty James Wright returns this year we will be okay
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dude the Almighty James Wright returns this year we will be okay

True, forgot about Wright. Between him, Alford, Cobi Hamilton (wherever he is), Ryan Whalen, Dezmon Briscoe, Freddie Brown, Mario Urrutia, Bennie Brazell, Tab Perry, Reggie McNeal, and Maurice Mann, they don't even need to worry about WR in the draft. They actually have too many to choose from! Ninja

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't feed the Fredtoast.

The coaches also said Binns was uncoverable when he played Calvin Johnson for the scout team and would be a great #2. Same with Simpson for like 4 years, Hunt for his career, Porter for his career, Ghee for his career, Moch for his career. There's been a LOT of players the coaches have claimed to be impressed with. Heck, Marvin Lewis said Dennard was the greatest rookie corner he's ever seen. We've seen how all of those have worked out. Extra large grain of salt is required relying on their testimony alone.

If he does well, great for Alford, but banking on an undersized 7th round pick to alleviate your WR problems seems like an awfully silly reason to not upgrade what's a huge hole on a team that has desires to win a Super Bowl. Like putting thrown away tires onto your Escalade just because they're there and haven't been proven to be the trash they most likely are yet.

Their not seers who can peer into the future they're coaches.  Do you think they said these things as bullshit or could it be players didn't live up to their potential ?  I would like to see the kid get some reps instead of throwing him away because he didn't have a chance to see the field last year.  We have guys who could be productive players if given the chance to prove themselves.  I think we need to draft a couple of guys, but I think they should all get equal reps until a pecking order is established.  

As far as your examples go I really have to call bullshit on you.  Dennard really ? the guy has played great when he's healthy and its not his fault he got injured.  He has also had a bunch of guys in front of him and the jury is still out on what kinda player he will be.  Ghee and Moch are not comparable because the coaches only praised their potential and Simpson could have been an amazing player if he wasn't always high.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  Like putting thrown away tires onto your Escalade just because they're there and haven't been proven to be the trash they most likely are yet.

This is also the way you talked about 5th round picks George Iloka and Marvin Jones after their rookie seasons.

Your hyper-negative approach is just as stupid as the hyper-positive.  Your saying that it is impossible for Alford to be a solid starter is just as ridiculous as predicting he will be a star.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not saying write him off or give him zero chance, I am saying don't neglect seeking to improve your team with proven talent just because Alford is on the team. That's not a vote of confidence for Harvin mind you, just that... Proven NFL Talent > unproven 7th round picks.

If people get hurt in the season and he get a chance and does well with it, great for him. Just would be silly to be like "Nah, we don't need this guy, we have Alford/Binns/Whalen on the team."

(03-31-2016, 11:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is also the way you talked about 5th round picks George Iloka and Marvin Jones after their rookie seasons.

Your hyper-negative approach is just as stupid as the hyper-positive.  Your saying that it is impossible for Alford to be a solid starter is just as ridiculous as predicting he will be a star.

Fred, you're so good at reading.   Rolleyes

Reply/Quote