Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Jackson Carman did enough to keep the starting position??
(10-10-2021, 07:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In free agency or trade? Maybe.

On this roster? No. XSF is equally terrible. We needed Carman to step up this year.

well I try XSF.. he played 2 games.. might be worth putting him in but i heard he is not healthy so we do need Carman to get better
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Actually we allowed 3 sacks in 5 quarters and ran for 102 yards as well. Of the sacks one was 100% on Burrow. The much bigger issue is we constantly hang the line out to dry because we do literally nothing to defuse a pass rush. The announcers even noted that we don't and that even just a couple of effective runs would at least make the defense think a little. Actually pro level NFL schemes feature elements to slow down pass rushes - like traps, draws, properly designed screens and moving the QB around so the DL can't literally tee off.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well I try XSF.. he played 2 games.. might be worth putting him in but i heard he is not healthy so we do need Carman to get better

XSF is on the Reserve/Injured list for the next 3 weeks...
Reply/Quote
Rough game for the rookie when using the eye test....

Which means he probably scored in the 80's according to PFF

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yes xsf is a bum

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rough game for the rookie when using the eye test....

Which means he probably scored in the 80's according to PFF

PFF credited him with 7 pressures and 2 other losses:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-5-game-recap-green-bay-packers-25-cincinnati-bengals-22

T-Hop had another subpar day as well. It may be time to see what De'Andre Smith can do at LG; seems he was pretty good in PS
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: PFF credited him with 7 pressures and 2 other losses:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-5-game-recap-green-bay-packers-25-cincinnati-bengals-22

T-Hop had another subpar day as well. It may be time to see what De'Andre Smith can do at LG; seems he was pretty good in PS

Spain plays LG, and he’s been the best player on the OL, so I certainly don’t advocate moving him. That’s his natural position (and side).

Now if you meant we should try Smith at RG, I’d be all for that. We can’t afford too many more games like Carman played yesterday. He was Michael Jordan level bad.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In free agency or trade? Maybe.

On this roster? No. XSF is equally terrible. We needed Carman to step up this year.

Those are the growing pains of "development"..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote