Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Has Reality Hit Yet?
Have you realized that the team is rebuilding?
That we have major issues on mainly offense...but both sides of the ball?
That we've lost a bunch of quality free agents over the past 2 seasons and not replaced most of them?
That we're more than a new OC away?
That we're more than a HC away? I don't know that any HC can win under this management.
That we need to start signing free agents?

The Rams were terrible last year on offense and went out and brought in Whitworth, Watkins, Woods, Sullivan and some others in free agency. THAT'S HOW YOU IMPROVE. Instead...we bring in a career RT who was injured last year and try him at Guard.

You cannot address every need through the draft...because in a good year you will get 2 quality starters out of any draft...and you don't know which players they will be.

Ready to face reality and admit that we aren't a great drafting team? That we had 2 great drafts 7-8 years ago and have been living off of it?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Have you realized that the team is rebuilding?
That we have major issues on mainly offense...but both sides of the ball?
That we've lost a bunch of quality free agents over the past 2 seasons and not replaced most of them?
That we're more than a new OC away?
That we're more than a HC away? I don't know that any HC can win under this management.
That we need to start signing free agents?

The Rams were terrible last year on offense and went out and brought in Whitworth, Watkins, Woods, Sullivan and some others in free agency. THAT'S HOW YOU IMPROVE. Instead...we bring in a career RT who was injured last year and try him at Guard.

You cannot address every need through the draft...because in a good year you will get 2 quality starters out of any draft...and you don't know which players they will be.

Ready to face reality and admit that we aren't a great drafting team? That we had 2 great drafts 7-8 years ago and have been living off of it?

Do you think that Mcvay had something to do with the turn around? A new head coach can help a great deal.
Reply/Quote
Here's the harshest reality, imo. Marvin has lost yet another group of players. And is still employed for life.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:24 PM)car91 Wrote: Do you think that Mcvay had something to do with the turn around? A new head coach can help a great deal.

Yes he did, players wanted to play for HIM but the key is they added through trades and free agency
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:24 PM)car91 Wrote: Do you think that Mcvay had something to do with the turn around? A new head coach can help a great deal.

Some...but their front office actually addressed glaring needs. Watkins, Woods, Whitworth, and Sullivan were all huge upgrades in free agency.

We're not a coach away. If you hire a new coach here, they won't win with this roster. We're not a good draft away either.

The Steelers offense is better than the Bengals offense at EVERY SINGLE position. Think about that.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:29 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Yes he did, players wanted to play for HIM but the key is they added through trades and free agency
Agreed. Just pointing out a head coach can have a positive impact despite what the Bengals front office might think.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers offense is better than the Bengals offense at EVERY SINGLE position. Think about that.

Even with Eifert out we're better at TE
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Some...but their front office actually addressed glaring needs. Watkins, Woods, Whitworth, and Sullivan were all huge upgrades in free agency.

We're not a coach away. If you hire a new coach here, they won't win with this roster. We're not a good draft away either.

The Steelers offense is better than the Bengals offense at EVERY SINGLE position. Think about that.
Well, you have told us about seventeen times so, yeah, we're probably aware of it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
A new head coaching staff from outside is desperately needed.

We need someone to come in and bring new successful processes. That's what Marvin did when he came in. Look at things with a fresh perspective like Marvin changed strength staffs if I remember correctly. We need a new perspective.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Some...but their front office actually addressed glaring needs. Watkins, Woods, Whitworth, and Sullivan were all huge upgrades in free agency.

I agree. They are not a head coach away. But it would be a start. But with Mikey running the show, does it really matter?
Reply/Quote
What a damn joke i watched today. Atleast Aj got to throw a few bows in today's epic failure. He will be suspended atleast 1 game. We are a joke plain and simple. It's nice to have another jon Kanta on our team. That was a truly pathetic performance once again today. The season can't end quick enough to see Marvin canned. Atleast we have the fastest combine player ever on our team. He played great today also
Reply/Quote
This team is a joke. From coaching staff, to QB, to lack of effort on defense. We need a new Head Coach and QB combo to shake things up around here....it's something i've been calling for for several years. Mediocrity isn't good enough and we ain't even getting that anymore.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:35 PM)McC Wrote: Well, you have told us about seventeen times so, yeah, we're probably aware of it.

Great! Glad I could help. Consider this threat Bengals Rehab and me helping people recover and join reality!

Alas we'll probably still see people predict we finish the year 7-1. Some people are beyond hope.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:37 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: What a damn joke i watched today. Atleast Aj got to throw a few bows in today's epic failure. He will be suspended atleast 1 game. We are a joke plain and simple. It's nice to have another jon Kanta on our team. That was a truly pathetic performance once again today. The season can't end quick enough to see Marvin canned. Atleast we have the fastest combine player ever on our team. He played great today also
At least A.J. showed some fight. More than I can say for the rest of the team.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:36 PM)car91 Wrote: I agree. They are not a head coach away. But it would be a start. But with Mikey running the show, does it really matter?

A new, and better HC would allow you to see what this group of players could do with good coaching.  (This does not include the OLine.  They just suck too bad to salvage). 

Maybe you find out you don't have to blow it all up.

But yes, the clueless codger in the big office will always be there to **** it up.

Reply/Quote
I'm tired of it. I wish they would implode the whole operation keep aj and make 3 more and have open tryouts. Anything is better than holding out hope every yr just to have your hope ruined. It's similar to the feeling as a kid on Christmas morning. You wake up thinking Santa brought you that bike you have always wanted justto find out he left it at the North Pole. Atleast santa would apologize for it and bring it to you next year. The bungles every yr tell us wait till next year but it never comes.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:34 PM)car91 Wrote: Agreed. Just pointing out a head coach can have a positive impact despite what the Bengals front office might think.

Oh I agree with you 100% but our front office is fukked so our hope is a great head coach who can win something quickly before they can sabotage him of course we need that fron5 office to make some savvy moves also
Reply/Quote
Lol yea we are aware that the Steelers are a good football team this season.

Jebus man. You can stop with these steelers lover threads.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:46 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I'm tired of it. I wish they would implode the whole operation keep aj and make 3 more and have open tryouts. Anything is better than holding out hope every yr just to have your hope ruined. It's similar to the feeling as a kid on Christmas morning. You wake up thinking Santa brought you that bike you have always wanted justto find out he left it at the North Pole. Atleast santa would apologize for it and bring it to you next year. The bungles every yr tell us wait till next year but it never comes.

They've blown it up and restarted what 3 times under Marvin?

The problem is they need to start using free agency more. Through the draft you need to get a lot of hits to get enough quality players here before guys contracts are up.
Reply/Quote
Yeah dude, it's not a big secret the Steelers are better. You should probably just head over there, since you can't stop talking about them.
Reply/Quote