Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Has Reality Hit Yet?
(12-31-2018, 12:34 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: There’s a part of me that knows that there were 10 teams as bad or worse then the Bengals were this year. There’s a part of me that knows that it’s likely that the Bengals won’t win a super bowl in the next 20 years. A playoff appearance is celebrated around here like other cities celebrate a super bowl birth. This is my 30th year as a Bengals fan, there’s some good memories but it’s definitely not been a good investment of time. I know that the near future doesn’t look good either with the young QBs at Baltimore and Cleveland. Honestly, it’s a sickening feeling.

That's a good way to put it.

I just won a fantasy football championship and get to pick a jersey of my choice. I'm thinking Esiason Bengals jersey. But, then I'm like I could actually pick a different team jersey now.
Reply/Quote
How sad is it to be a Bengal fan it took me awhile to realize this was an old thread. Do we say the same things each year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: How sad is it to be a Bengal fan it took me awhile to realize this was an old thread. Do we say the same things each year?

Pretty much. I've read articles from the mid-90's that still are accurate.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's a good way to put it.

I just won a fantasy football championship and get to pick a jersey of my choice. I'm thinking Esiason Bengals jersey. But, then I'm like I could actually pick a different team jersey now.

Congratulations, at least somebody won something. I really feel sorry for younger Bengal fans that don’t even know the excitement of a Super Bowl. The 70’s Reds fans and 80’s Bengals fans won’t live forever. No winning memories won’t hold fans for too long.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:35 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Congratulations, at least somebody won something. I really feel sorry for younger Bengal fans that don’t even know the excitement of a Super Bowl. The 70’s Reds fans and 80’s Bengals fans won’t live forever. No winning memories won’t hold fans for too long.

I went to the Saints vs Bengals game and it was weird. The stadium is so bland. The stands were empty on certain levels.

The Saints just destroyed us and a handful of drunk fans would yell...Can I get a Who Dey!

It was like a ghost town and we were like 5-2 at that point.

Honestly, the team needs sold to new ownership. Desperately. A guy like Mark Cuban or someone who would bring excitement back and invest in the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:35 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Congratulations, at least somebody won something. I really feel sorry for younger Bengal fans that don’t even know the excitement of a Super Bowl. The 70’s Reds fans and 80’s Bengals fans won’t live forever. No winning memories won’t hold fans for too long.

You forgot about the wire-to-Wire Reds in 90, but you’re right. Younger sports fans have lots more entertainment options these days too. Soccer, following teams from other places, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ready to face reality and admit that we aren't a great drafting team? That we had 2 great drafts 7-8 years ago and have been living off of it?

Hello Pistons,
 I understand your concerns, but I like where we are at. No we didn't get to where we wanted this year but are heading in the right direction. Next year you will see the success you want from the Bengals and Im glad to be a part of it.

Mike Brown

PS- Dont wait to get your season tickets for 2019, if you order a season now we will throw in a box of popcorn to your very first game! Its just what we do to make you happy. Now come here and let me butter your popcorn!
Reply/Quote