Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Has Tee Higgins "checked out"?
(09-26-2023, 11:03 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I don't think Higgins has checked out at all, but, with Boyd, I DO think he is expendable for a quality first round draft pick.  Who needs three primary receivers anyway?  Chase and Boyd are MORE than adequate.

I don't think Boyd is netting a 1st round pick. He's about to turn 29 and his production has declined in 4 straight seasons and likely 5 straight.

I love the guy, but he was never a premeir WR and is really just a decent 3 at this point.

I'd expect a 3rd rounder at best, tbh, unless Hue gets a HC gig somewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 08:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could his uncharacteristically poor performance be at least partially due to not getting a hefty contract extension prior to the start of the season?  Through 3 games I've seen a lot of plays where Tee typically makes the catch resulting in the ball hitting the ground.  Contested catches that we're used to seeing him win the battle for, short to mid range throws that hit him right on the hands or numbers that he simply does not make the catch, to even appearing to take a dive to the turf when he does make a catch and turn up field and seeing defenders waiting.

Unless there is an undisclosed injury issue going on, it's beginning to look like (to me anyway) that he's giving a "phone it in" level of effort this season.

Not playing well surely wont help that BIG contract campaign lol
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It was bullshit because he didn't need to commit that foul, all he had to do was play the ball.

Defender was grabbing with both hands, should've been a no call.
Reply/Quote