Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the rebuild begun?
(02-18-2017, 03:47 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'd be 100% fine with resigning Peko as a backup.
However, I don't think the Bengals would have him as a backup. He would most likely be the starter.

Also, Dennard isn't "always hurt". He missed his first season, which happens to a lot of the Bengals 1st rounders apparently. He's been hurt for 9 games the past 3 seasons. He's been healthy for 40 games the last 3 seasons.

Sorry I meant always hurt as in never gets out of training camp healthy so he never is able to practice on training camp. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 11:46 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: As others said, I can't really agree with walking away from Peko. The guy still manages to stuff up the middle on running plays, and Billings is still a giant unknown. Give Peko a 1 year deal and allow Billings to develop. 

Jones absolutely should be cut and Dansby hopefully isn't brought back. 

Peko is a run stuffer by sometimes being in the way of the ball carrier. A Nose Tackle should also be getting a few QB hurries/hits/sacks. Peko doesn't/can't. Re. Jones, I agree.

To the original topic: If the Bengal's front office does nothing in the offseason with these players then there is NO Rebuild by definition. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 06:17 PM)Derrick Wrote: Peko is a run stuffer by sometimes being in the way of the ball carrier. A Nose Tackle should also be getting a few QB hurries/hits/sacks. Peko doesn't/can't. Re. Jones, I agree.

To the original topic: If the Bengal's front office does nothing in the offseason with these players then there is NO Rebuild by definition. Whatever

he had 5 sacks in 2015 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 04:29 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Sorry I meant always hurt as in never gets out of training camp healthy so he never is able to practice on training camp. 

He does tend to have nagging injuries. I can agree with that. Especially during the offseason
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post Wolf with the stats to back up everything you say. You know your shit man. Rock On

Lets just move on from Peko please and give Billings, DeShawn and possibly another DT a shot.

I would be willing to bet that we would get better and definately would not decline in the middle.

I was always a huge fan of Peko. But you have to move on from players, and it's time to move on from him.

DeShawn and Billings would be good fits. I mean, I was on board for drafting Billings in the 1st round last year. Him at NT will add a whole new dimension.

Reply/Quote
no.
Reply/Quote
Not a rebuild until the quarterback needs to be replaced. The core players they opted to keep are still in place (Dalton, Green, Dunlap, Atkins, Burfict, Gio). Al but one are performing at a high level, and that one (Gio) is injured. This is the core they elected to build around and it remains.

This is the year to bring in a large draft class and try to fill voids and make another run with this group.

Although I'd rather see them add some big free agents and proven talent to expedite the process, we all know better. This draft class is massively important. It will likely decide if there is a part B to the Dalton-Green era of success or not. If they blow it as they have (so far) with the last 2, then they'll go the way of teams like the Chargers. That team was absolutely loaded for a few years and has nothing whatsoever to show for it. Rivers remains and continues to be hampered by shitty o-line play and a bad defense. It's gotta kill him that they never capitalized on what they had on that roster for 2 or 3 years. I hope to god that Dalton doesn't end up feeling the same.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 09:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I was always a huge fan of Peko. But you have to move on from players, and it's time to move on from him.

DeShawn and Billings would be good fits. I mean, I was on board for drafting Billings in the 1st round last year. Him at NT will add a whole new dimension.

Same here man, Billings was my favorite DT for us in the entire draft to replace Peko. His strength and
deceptive athleticism are extremely rare and last year before the injury coaches were talking how he was
"immovable". This is one of the few bright spots i have for the future with this team.

With Atkins and Billings we would have 2 DT's that can hurt you. You cannot double both of them.

Billings is not a one trick pony, but he is coming off of injury so i would not be against drafting a DT if a
good one is there for insurance. Peko would not be hard to replace. He had a good year in '15 but he took
a major nose dive last year and with his age we should not bring him back.
Reply/Quote
If in rebuild mode, what AJ Green's purpose?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's no way that the Browns would give the 1st overall pick and 12th for Dalton. No way. And honestly...I doubt if Dalton would succeed there.
Lol they would do this without hesitation. Two first round picks for a borderline top 10 QB in his prime who already has had success under the head coach. You probably could add their 2ndrd pick and next years first round pick into the deal and they still would give you an easy yes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here man, Billings was my favorite DT for us in the entire draft to replace Peko. His strength and
deceptive athleticism are extremely rare and last year before the injury coaches were talking how he was
"immovable". This is one of the few bright spots i have for the future with this team.

With Atkins and Billings we would have 2 DT's that can hurt you. You cannot double both of them.

Billings is not a one trick pony, but he is coming off of injury so i would not be against drafting a DT if a
good one is there for insurance. Peko would not be hard to replace. He had a good year in '15 but he took
a major nose dive last year and with his age we should not bring him back.

If by not against you mean "We definitely need to sign or draft a DT in the first 4 rounds" then I completely agree
Reply/Quote
Even if we lost all of our free agents  we would still be a good position to win the division because none of those guys should be that hard to replace except for Andrew Whitworth. However lets say the Bengals are not in rebuilding mode but they go into smart mode.
The Bengals cut- Pat Sims, Vincent Rey, Rey Malaga, Adam Jones, and Russell Bodine.
So with those cuts the Bengals save nearly 14 million in cap space which according to over the cap would give us 50 million in cap space but over the cap is on the conservative side of the cap with 168 million so with the cap probably over 170 and with the Bengal roll rover it would probably be around 175 in cap space. Which means you add 8 more million dollars in cap space which gives you 58 million in cap space.
The Bengals let the majority of their free agents go and sign only three guys
Andrew Whitworth- 2 year 16 million( 8  mill cap number)- He signs this deal only because the Bengals promise him that they will be more aggressive in free agency.
Kevin Zietler- 5 year 50 million( 10 million cap number)- Bengals match Decastro number which satisfies him enough to stay in Cincy.
Rex Burkhead- 2 year 7 million dollars ( 3.5 million Cap number)- Bengal give him a fair deal for a number 3 back
 After Re signings Bengals have 36.5 million dollars left after the resignings
So then the Bengals don't sign any current UFAs but move into the Dumpster free agent period. Guys have been cut from other teams.
Nick Mangold C ( cut by Jets)- 1 year 4 million(cap number 4 million)- takes championship discount deal.
Torrey Smith WR(cut by 49ers) - 1 year 2 million(cap 2 mill)-  Takes one year deal so he can get back into free agent market
Michael Kendricks OLB(cut by Eagles)- 1 year 1.5 million(cap 1.5 Mill)-Takes one year deal so he can get back to free agency
Josh Mccknown QB ( cut by Browns)- 1 year 2 Million(cap 2 mill)-Repalces AJ Macarron and ring chaser.
After Dumpster signings cap space 27 million in cap space
Rookie cap( estimation) 5,580 million(12 picks X 465,000) 
10 million in injury money
Leaves around  11.5 million for August Contract extensions for either Eifert or Vontaz.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:21 PM)eoxyod Wrote: If by not against you mean "We definitely need to sign or draft a DT in the first 4 rounds" then I completely agree

We do. I believe Billings should replace Peko, but we lack depth behind him.

Sims has always been talked up, he isn't good. They had Gilberry and Hunt play DT because our lack of pressure outside of Atkins. I have high hopes for Williams, but we still need players. Bad.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:21 PM)eoxyod Wrote: If by not against you mean "We definitely need to sign or draft a DT in the first 4 rounds" then I completely agree

DeShawn Williams has looked good in limited snaps but we should draft another DT or sign Fairley, i agree.
Reply/Quote
It's annoying and depressing we'll probably let Whit Z and DKP walk and we'll resign Peko and extend Marvin to a lifetime contract so I'll be about 60 before this team is good and half y'all will be ten feet under who DEY
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: DeShawn Williams has looked good in limited snaps but we should draft another DT or sign Fairley, i agree.

If by sign Fairley you mean sign a list of about 10 DTs that aren't him then I agree
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 06:40 PM)eoxyod Wrote: If by sign Fairley you mean sign a list of about 10 DTs that aren't him then I agree

Hilarious

I just cannot agree with you today Eox lmao
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 09:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I was always a huge fan of Peko. But you have to move on from players, and it's time to move on from him.

Cincyjungle lists 4 players who should be cut. Check it out
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 06:40 PM)eoxyod Wrote: If by sign Fairley you mean sign a list of about 10 DTs that aren't him then I agree

What's wrong with Fairley? He's been motivated and keeping his weight in check. Had one of his most productive seasons last year (43 tackles, 6.5 sacks).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it is time to tear it down and start over. This group has probably gone as far as it can with Marvin in charge. Of course, with Marvin in charge, the next group would suffer the same fate as the first two, so...This is our Catch-22.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote