Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatch: tired of "dumbass" partisanship, "we didn't treat [Dem SCOTUS noms] like this
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/02/politics/orrin-hatch-democrats-kavanaugh/index.html

Orrin Hatch, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, is tired of the stupid and "dumbass" partisanship exhibited by Democrats as they request files from Kavanaugh's time in the Bush White House. He says that Republicans never treated Democratic nominees this way.

Which is true. They were much worse. They just didn't even give them hearings.

Hatch, who praised Merrick Garland in 2010 as a good moderate choice for the SCOTUS, called on Obama to nominate Garland in 2016, saying he was a moderate and that would be a good gesture but that Obama wouldn't do that to his "very liberal base".

After Obama did nominate Garland, Hatch and McConnell adopted the policy of not even considering SCOTUS nominees in an election year.

That's some dumbass partisanship
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I suppose 2 wrongs do make a right.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

In further news, the National Archives have informed the Senate that they cannot process the amount of records the GOP requested prior to late October, which would no doubt mean no vote could occur before the election.

The Bush Library is offering to facilitate the record review and transfer, in an attempt to force a vote before the election. Senate Republicans are still pushing back against Democratic requests for access to emails and other corresponded during Kavanaugh’s time working on policy in th Bush White House.

It should be noted that the reason so much documentation is being requested on Kavanaugh is because it was requested on Kagan. So Hatch is just wrong even in an apples to apples comparison.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-02-2018, 07:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It should be noted that the reason so much documentation is being requested on Kavanaugh is because it was requested on Kagan. So Hatch is just wrong even in an apples to apples comparison.

Hatch refused to hold hearings for Kagan’s nomination to the DC court of appeals during Clinton’s second to last year in office

I gotta think this is largely superficial. K is a fan of the same big dollars that prop up both sides. The dems couldn’t ask for a better pro-corporate, largely morally ambivalent candidate.
(08-03-2018, 12:09 AM)Benton Wrote: I gotta think this is largely superficial. K is a fan of the same big dollars that prop up both sides. The dems couldn’t ask for a better pro-corporate, largely morally ambivalent candidate.

I read this before I went to work, then this crossed my view on Twitter.

https://thinkprogress.org/im-a-rich-democratic-lawyer-heres-why-i-wrote-a-fawning-op-ed-about-a-scotus-nominee/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
As long as Trump and Republican supporters believe the lies, they'll continue.

"2 wrongs don't make a right" says those who want to cover for the behavior of their side while maintain the ability to take the high road and claim victim when it's happening to them (they sure weren't complaining when it was happening to Dems).

I think it's disgraceful to play people like fools, but as long as they are willing to play the fool...... Don't expect it to stop.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-03-2018, 09:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: As long as Trump and Republican supporters believe the lies, they'll continue.

"2 wrongs don't make a right" says those who want to cover for the behavior of their side while maintain the ability to take the high road and claim victim when it's happening to them (they sure weren't complaining when it was happening to Dems).

I think it's disgraceful to play people like fools, but as long as they are willing to play the fool...... Don't expect it to stop.

Actually he said "do make a right"...but spot on.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Of course Hatch is a good example of people who hang on too long in a system where the incumbent (and their party) have it set so it's very hard to change anything.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-03-2018, 09:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Actually he said "do make a right"...but spot on.

Of course Hatch is a good example of people who hang on too long in a system where the incumbent (and their party) have it set so it's very hard to change anything.

Is the second wrong Hatch or are we suppose to believe that requesting documents from someone’s time in the White House is “wrong” and on the same level as refusing to give a hearing to a President’s nominee that was praised by Republicans as a good nominee weeks before being the nominee.

Just more of the same from the duopoly of corruption......nothing new to see here.

"Better send those refunds..."