No
93.33%
42 93.33%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Have the Bengals Improved?
The offseason has begun, and all the big moves are basically over. Nothing left but bargain shopping and camp signings. How do you guys feel going into the 2017 season? Has the team improved? Why or why not?

Not considering the draft, because we haven't used our draft picks their rookie year for the last 4-5 years. Doubt any will come in and be used right away this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
No, they haven't. But they haven't regressed yet, either.

Frankly, they had the best roster top to bottom in the NFL last year so i don't think they could have improved on #1. They can only improve by playing on the field and proving it.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 04:50 PM)PDub80 Wrote: No, they haven't. But they haven't regressed yet, either.

Frankly, they had the best roster top to bottom in the NFL last year so i don't think they could have improved on #1. They can only improve by playing on the field and proving it.

Well, they have regressed so far but they have time to make up for it. Bengals seem to always find some bargain FA that make a difference.  Plus we have the draft.  So I agree we can get to a point where we haven't regressed. 

To answer the OP, it's too early to tell.
Reply/Quote
It's a strange question. Does signing Iloka improve the team immediately? Well no, because he was here, but it improves the quality of the defense over the course of his contract sooooo both?
Reply/Quote
outside of wr and DT, we're in good shape.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 04:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not considering the draft, because we haven't used our draft picks their rookie year for the last 4-5 years. 

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Dalton
Green
Boling
Zeitler
Gio
Hill
Eifert
Bodine
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 04:58 PM)Benton Wrote: outside of wr and DT, we're in good shape.

Forgot LB and C. But in the grand scheme of things in the NFL, not too bad off overall roster-wise.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No. Interior o-line run blocking is a big issue to help this team get over the top, and will probably roll with the same 3 again. Unless Zampese designs plays better than Hue did for the run game, I dont see much if any improvement over the average run game we say last year. (fyi it killed us in that first half against Pitt in the monsoon, an unspoken reason as to why they lost that game)
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
They have not improved because of losing Nelson, Jones, and Sanu. Keeping some of the players they have is a definite plus, but there is no way they have improved.
Reply/Quote
No. They couldn't have at this time based off their plan going in.

Just the nature of their business.
Reply/Quote
No we haven't but I think that was to be expected with all our free agents.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We have just evolved. I think we are fine considering we will draft WR.
Reply/Quote
Hard to say until we see them hit the field.

I do think we will be improved in some areas. Wideout? Probably not but I expect guys like Ogbuehi, (Spelling?) Dennard and Dawson to take a bigger role. Last year Eifert took a significant step forward and really improved our team. Someone else could take a step in their development.
Reply/Quote
No, we haven't.

Obviously because we lost two of our young receivers. But that's really about it.

Ask this after the draft and I can give a legit answer.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately nope.
Reply/Quote
Not yet. After the draft... Maybe.
Reply/Quote
No because of the guys they lost in free agency. It was impossible for the bengals to keep everyone but I think they did a good job of re-signing their top guys . The way I look at it is some of the best teams in the AFC got weaker too. Denver has no QB and the steelers losing Bryant for the year is huge, so it evens things up a little.
Reply/Quote
No. Replacing proven players who have experience in our systems with unproven players and or rookies will not make us better than last season.
Reply/Quote
Of course not losing some nice pieces of our puzzle.

But the Bengals have had depth for awhile now so it is time for it to pay dividends.

Will be our most important draft in few years.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well.

Will dennard , hill , ogbuehi , fisher , dawson , kroft , shaw , hardison , uzi , clarke , bodine and the other guys on rookie contracts contribute more? Because if they do. And they are better than guys they replace or what they were last year. We should be better. If we find somebody to make an impact as our #2 wr we should be better
Reply/Quote