Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have to take a QB if we have a top 5 pick?
I think it’s a huge mistake to draft just based on need. If they have the #1 pick then they should take the highest rated player. Looks like that will be Young and that is fine. You can never have enough pass rushers and the ones already on the team who are supposed to be good aren’t producing.

As for OL - they just used a high pick on a LT last year. I would not take another one this year in the top 5 unless he was by far the BPA. Should be able to get a very good RT (or LB) at the top of the second round.
Reply/Quote
Three out of the four best QBs in franchise history have been drafted after the first RD. Best option to me is trade the pick for more picks but it depends on how far you fall in the draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:53 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If i were the Bengals I would just stop drafting offensive lineman, they've proven over the years to be terrible talent evaluators when it comes to drafting offensive lineman. Zeitler and Boling are really the only two that they got it right on. Build your line through free agency where you know youre getting a proven player.

Why doesn’t Whit qualify?
Reply/Quote
It theres a Joe Thomas like tackle there I take him and run.

If not I take Chase Young.

None of these QBs excite me and a QB is worthless without a good line anyway

This team is years away from competing again. Build the lines, then get your QB
Reply/Quote
Put me down as one of the people not wanting a QB in this draft. Playing Finley right now is a mistake as well.

Build a solid and competent OLine. Then if you want to move on from Dalton then move on.

Benching Dalton and throwing in Finley just feels like a panic move. More than likely Finley struggles (as any QB would) and knee jerk reactions from fans will be "Finley is terrible" and calls for us to draft a QB with a top 5 pick.

So we draft a QB with the top 5 pick, try for a OT in the 2nd round, but neglect the OG spot and the OLine will improve, but not enough to make a difference. The rookie QB struggles and calls for us to draft his replacement the following year with our other top 5 pick. Or we neglect the OT spot and go OG in round 2. Same result.

So far I am watching ZT. So far the only thing he has done that I liked was draft J. Williams last year. Sucked that Williams got injured, but it was still a good pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 07:55 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: It theres a Joe Thomas like tackle there I take him and run.

If not I take Chase Young.

None of these QBs excite me and a QB is worthless without a good line anyway

This team is years away from competing again.  Build the lines, then get your QB

Right now, my top player and prospect is Andrew Thomas out of Georgia.  He can play LT or RT.  With Williams also being able to play LT or RT then gives the line solid bookends.  We still need a OG and Thomas' mate on the line, Solomon Kindley, would be my 2nd round selection.

If he is there in 3 or 4 I would be looking at the OC from Wisconsin, Biadasz.
Reply/Quote
This will be Mike Brown’s draft in the spring and I promise you the Bengals’ first pick WILL be a quarterback. That’s Mikey Boy’s thing, you know, the “bell cow quarterback.” He’s looking at Tua Tagovailoa or Jalen Hurts; I would be surprised if the Bengals draft Joe Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Draft day will be epic on here. They will draft someone with red flags and some will love it, some will hate it, and they will be nit-picked to death.
Reply/Quote