Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii Five-O, MacGyver, and Magnum PI
What classic TV show would you like to see them remake next?
Reply/Quote
Cheers

Coach

All in the family

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2018, 07:29 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Cheers

Coach

All in the family

Coach was one of my all time favorite shows.   ThumbsUp

I'd like to see Happy Days redone too.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Magnum PI.  Loved that show.

I guess Harley and Tiger Teeth can't follow simple guidelines.... Mellow

Cool LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
BTW, Hawaii Five-O has already been rebooted. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2018, 10:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: Magnum PI.  Loved that show.

The thread title is a little confusing, but all three of those shows have already been re-made.  So he is asking for what one you want next after these three.
Reply/Quote
Some old shows like "Cheers", "Taxi", "Mork and Mindy"and "Andy Griffin Show" were succesful because of the specific actors and characters.  I don't think you could re-create the magic of those old shows in a re-boot.

Columbo was my all time favorite TV dective.  He was just so totally different from any other TV hero.    I'd like to see that show re-done.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2018, 10:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some old shows like "Cheers", "Taxi", and "Andy Griffin Show" were succesful because of the specific actors and characters.  I don't think you could re-create the magic of those old shows in a re-boot.

Columbo was my all time favorite TV dective.  He was just so totally different from any other TV hero.    I'd like to see that show re-done.

Like one of my favorites, Kolchak the Nightstalker.

Was a great campy show, but Darren McGavin was what made it legitimately enjoyable. CBS remade it and tried to make it serious, with some ongoing The Fugitive type themes... but it was just a remake in name only.
Reply/Quote

I live by my own rules.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
As they slowly sink into the twilight of their not quite so average lives, a few already well beyond below average let's take a moment to contemplate what a "The Brady Bunch reaches social security age" episode might look like .
Talk about exciting. You just don't get any more exciting.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hawaii Five-O had the coolest theme music.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I pee on fire hydrants. I make my own rules.  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2018, 12:25 PM)Benton Wrote: Like one of my favorites, Kolchak the Nightstalker.

I loved that show, but it was only around a couple of years if I remember correctly.

I think it would be a great re-boot.
Reply/Quote
Air Wolf

RipTide

St. Elsewhere

Knightrider

Hee Haw
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2018, 03:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Knightrider
This and I'll go very old school and say Dick Tracy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2018, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I loved that show, but it was only around a couple of years if I remember correctly.

I think it would be a great re-boot.

There was supposed to be an Edgar Wright / Johnny drop movie a few years ago relaunching kolchak. That would’ve been perfect. Depps exaggerations would have fit in pretty well with mcgavins character. A lot better than the tv reboot.
Reply/Quote
Just bring back the game show Password.. 
I liked the soft voice telling us that password as if it was some kind of state secret   .. The password is. ....
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Any of the jiggle shows from the 70s. Those could be re-done now with a lot fewer restrictions on how much they could show/get away with.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 03:22 PM)Beaker Wrote: Any of the jiggle shows from the 70s. Those could be re-done now with a lot fewer restrictions on how much they could show/get away with.

Three's Company comes to mind.
Reply/Quote
Miami Vice rebooted, but a series on HBO, Showtime, Netflix etc. instead of network or regular cable, so it be rated R with no commercials
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote