Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's ACTIVE! roster updates 12/18
Trae Waynes and D'Ante Smith have both been activated off IR. Smith has been practicing at tackle the last couple of weeks but obviously can play guard as well

Activated from PS

LBs Austin Calitro and Keandre Jones
and I know this will make a couple of you happy
WR Trent Taylor...looks like he will be returning punts

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I wish Smith was getting the start at RT instead of Fred Johnson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Quality reinforcements when they were badly needed. A little special teams spark like catching the ball, to go along with a starting CB and much needed OL depth feels huge this week.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 03:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wish Smith was getting the start at RT instead of Fred Johnson.

If this was a week or two from not I’d agree, and he may by then, but I’d rather go with the dude who has some more reps and isn’t coming off an injury right away.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 03:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: If this was a week or two from not I’d agree, and he may by then, but I’d rather go with the dude who has some more reps and isn’t coming off an injury right away.

and who has more than 2 weeks of practice at tackle.  He's been at guard since training camp

Reply/Quote
I think we'll see D'Ante at some point in the game regardless. If Fred gets blown up we'll see him or if Adeniji blows things up we may see him at RG.. I hope Waynes can stay in one piece and play up to his potential instead of a guy who hasn't really played in over a year other than a few games.. Phillips handed his job as a return guy away. I doubt we'll see him at it again unless he has some kind of compromat on Simmons.. I hope he's not the type to get caught with underage girls naked around cameras..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 06:09 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think we'll see D'Ante at some point in the game regardless. If Fred gets blown up we'll see him or if Adeniji blows things up we may see him at RG.. I hope Waynes can stay in one piece and play up to his potential instead of a guy who hasn't really played in over a year other than a few games.. Phillips handed his job as a return guy away. I doubt we'll see him at it again unless he has some kind of compromat on Simmons.. I hope he's not the type to get caught with underage girls naked around cameras..  Nervous

Phillips is on IR so it is doubtful we would see him again at least for the regular season. 

Reply/Quote
Some welcome news

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 03:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wish Smith was getting the start at RT instead of Fred Johnson.

I'm with you, but it is still a somewhat staggering statistic that the Bengals are 4-1 when Fred is lined up as a starting tackle.  I just hope we get Titans game Fred and not Browns game Fred....at least he isn't lined up at Guard.

Maybe Smith will see some rotational snaps?  It would be great to have some time to evaluate him.  
Reply/Quote