Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health care is Privilege
Says the hottest woman in America:

Quote:“I’m definitely going to say it’s a privilege,” she said. “As a government employee, I’m granted health care and I see firsthand that for one to have health care, you need to have jobs.”

She also took what some consider a little swipe at Feminists:
Quote:"I try not to consider myself this die-hard, 'I don't care about men' (type)," she said. "Women, we are just as equal as men when it comes to opportunity in the workplace. Firsthand, I've witnessed the impact women have in leadership in the medical sciences as well as in office environments."

I have informed bfine jr who his future wife is.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/miss-usas-ideas-on-feminism-divide-fans/ar-BBBaaB2?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-15-2017, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Says the hottest woman in America:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/miss-usas-ideas-on-feminism-divide-fans/ar-BBBaaB2?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

What are her thoughts on the influence of market manipulation that prohibit reduced cost healthcare or insurance, like midwives, generic drugs, marijuana use, monopolies, etc? Or, since she's living off the government, has she not thought beyond her own front porch?
(05-15-2017, 10:50 PM)Benton Wrote: 1)What are her thoughts on the influence of market manipulation that prohibit reduced cost healthcare or insurance, like midwives, generic drugs, marijuana use, monopolies, etc?

2)Or, since she's living off the government, has she not thought beyond her own front porch?

1) IDK, because that is not the question(s) that were posed to her, She seems aware enough to have an opinion on the matter(s) if asked I would suppose.

2) I get that you are stereotyping her because she is black and for that you should be ashamed, but she's not "living off the government". She's being compensated for providing a service to her Nation.

(05-15-2017, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) IDK, because that is not the question(s) that were posed to her, She seems aware enough to have an opinion on the matter(s) if asked I would suppose.

2) I get that you are stereotyping her because she is black and for that you should be ashamed, but she's not "living off the government". She's being compensated for providing a service to her Nation.

1- then her expressed opinions may be too short to deem her a theorist on social concerns.

2- I have no idea what color she is. I don't spend a lot of time googling miss America pageants. My comment was in reference to her statement "as a government employee." She works for the government, which provides her livelihood.

So is she a feminist or does she not believe women should have equal pay or equal opportunities?
(05-15-2017, 11:33 PM)Dill Wrote: So is she a feminist or does she not believe women should have equal pay or equal opportunities?

She called herself an "equalist." Apparently, she doesn't like the divisiveness associated with the term Feminists.

(05-15-2017, 11:02 PM)Benton Wrote: 1- then her expressed opinions may be too short to deem her a theorist on social concerns.

2- I have no idea what color she is. I don't spend a lot of time googling miss America pageants. My comment was in reference to her statement "as a government employee." She works for the government, which provides her livelihood.

1) Who the hell did that?

2) Of course.

So this wasn't just supposed to be a joke?  We're really gonna argue health care as a right vs privilege because of a beauty contestant?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-15-2017, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: She called herself an "equalist." Apparently, she doesn't like the divisiveness associated with the term Feminists.

It's just a word which is only divisive if you associate divisiveness with the word.
So someone who has had health care courtesy of the government her whole life thinks it's a privilege.

K.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Stop the presses . . .

Quote:"I am privileged to have health care and I do believe that it should be a right," McCullough, 25, said today on "Good Morning America." "I hope and pray moving forward that health care is a right for all worldwide."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/miss-usa-kara-mccullough-clarifies-health-care-believe-120531078--abc-news-celebrities.html
(05-16-2017, 11:44 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Stop the presses . . .

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/miss-usa-kara-mccullough-clarifies-health-care-believe-120531078--abc-news-celebrities.html

/thread
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-16-2017, 08:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: So this wasn't just supposed to be a joke?  We're really gonna argue health care as a right vs privilege because of a beauty contestant?

It did make a stir on twitter when she said that, so yes, it needs to be discussed.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-16-2017, 01:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: It did make a stir on twitter when she said that, so yes, it needs to be discussed.

I didn't see anything on Twitter...but I was only looking at the Penguins game and Trump's latest faux pas.

But I figured it was only posted in jest because of this:

Guess I was wrong that pointing out how pretty she was was meant to be lead to a serious discussion about health care in America.

My bad.

Carry on....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-15-2017, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: She called herself an "equalist." Apparently, she doesn't like the divisiveness associated with the term Feminists.

Hmmm. Now "equalist" will be divisive if it means equal pay, equal opportunities. equal rights, etc.
The right to own guns or free speech is had naturally and doesn't come at the expense of someone else and their rights. You don't have the right to someone else's guns and you don't have the right to have you thoughts printed in someone else's newspaper. Guns and ad space are privileges you have to pay to get.

You can't have the right to medical care unless you make doctors work for free.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(05-16-2017, 08:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: So this wasn't just supposed to be a joke?  We're really gonna argue health care as a right vs privilege because of a beauty contestant?

Well this post is just oozing with Misogyny.

(05-16-2017, 09:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The right to own guns or free speech is had naturally and doesn't come at the expense of someone else and their rights. You don't have the right to someone else's guns and you don't have the right to have you thoughts printed in someone else's newspaper. Guns and ad space are privileges you have to pay to get.

You can't have the right to medical care unless you make doctors work for free.

Do we make gun manufacturers work for free?

A lot of people get by just fine without guns. They can choose not to buy them.

What happens to people who choose not to buy health care?
(05-16-2017, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well this post is just oozing with Misogyny.

Beauty contests affirm women's equality and Dino is dissing them!

Trump ran beauty contests, didn't he?
Creating opportunities for women all over the world.
(05-16-2017, 09:55 PM)Dill Wrote: Beauty contests affirm women's equality and Dino is dissing them!

Trump ran beauty contests, didn't he?
Creating opportunities for women all over the world.

Well the pageant itself is not the misogynistic part of the post. It is the questioning of whether or not we can take the subject serious because a contestant said it.

You really didn't see that?