Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart vs Head
I've been reading and watching all the game predictions. It has become readily obvious that those choosing with their brains, you know all focusing on stats, rankings, previous performance, etc are all choosing the Rams. The ones, throwing away the data are all choosing the Bengals. They choise the Bengals because they BELIEVE!!!! just like us Who Dey

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote: I've been reading and watching all the game predictions.  It has become readily obvious that those choosing with their brains, you know all focusing on stats, rankings, previous performance, etc are all choosing the Rams.  The ones, throwing away the data are all choosing the Bengals. They choise the Bengals because they BELIEVE!!!!  just like us  Who Dey

We have all watched a lot of Superbowls. In the end it seems it is always the team that wants it the most and plays with the most
heart wins it. Love the mad heart this team has been playing with. Cannot bet against our guys.
Reply/Quote
Heart - we win, stay positive
Head - Idk what's going to happen, but I do think the Rams are being massively overrated. You'd think this was 2007 Giants vs undefeated Pats, or 2001 Pats vs Greatest Show on Turf.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yea... I don't understand why everyone is acting as though the Rams were undefeated.
They weren't. They can be beaten.
Reply/Quote
There's just something about this team that transcends stats and analytics.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 03:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heart - we win, stay positive
Head - Idk what's going to happen, but I do think the Rams are being massively overrated. You'd think this was 2007 Giants vs undefeated Pats, or 2001 Pats vs Greatest Show on Turf.

Yeah which even makes my head go our way...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah which even makes my head go our way...

I think we have a great shot. People are expecting Donald and Von to feast, but I'm pretty sure the Titans game was the most pressure Burrow will see this year.

This game will be decided by other things. Turnovers. How our receivers fare against their corners. If we can slow Kupp.

I like our chances. We've done a great job slowing down key players like Derrick Henry, Tyreek Hill, Hunter Renfrow, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:00 PM)Earendil Wrote: There's just something about this team that transcends stats and analytics.

That's the hardest part to explain.

It's kind of like the early years of the pats dynasty.  On paper they weren't often the best team.  They just kept winning anyway.

I'm not suggesting this team will become what they did.  That would be ridiculous.

I'm just suggesting stats don't always tell the whole story and it's not always easy to explain why something is working.

To use an over used cliche this team has all the intagibles and that should scare the Rams.
Reply/Quote
Heart....Bengals all the way

Head...Rams were #4 seed in NFC. They are no juggernaut. I see the game as a toss up.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:06 PM)motoarch Wrote: That's the hardest part to explain.

It's kind of like the early years of the pats dynasty.  On paper they weren't often the best team.  They just kept winning anyway.

I'm not suggesting this team will become what they did.  That would be ridiculous.

I'm just suggesting stats don't always tell the whole story and it's not always easy to explain why something is working.

To use an over used cliche this team has all the intagibles and that should scare the Rams.

Winning the Super Bowl has always been about who gets hot at the right time.

Our defense is playing better than it has all year.  Let's hope that continues.  Our offense has struggled some in the postseason, but I think we can still generate enough points to win.
Reply/Quote
Heart = Bengals

Head = Bengals

Stomach = Bengals

Balls = Bengals
Reply/Quote
Bengals can definitely win the game. The key to me is hitting Stafford. He will turn the ball over especially when pressured (if 49ers DB could catch I would be talking about Garappolo in this post). Get after him and he will turn it over. Need a big game from Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:11 PM)Tony Wrote: Heart = Bengals

Head = Bengals

Stomach = Bengals

Balls = Bengals

Anus = Steelers
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anus = Steelers

Post of the day!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think we have a great shot. People are expecting Donald and Von to feast, but I'm pretty sure the Titans game was the most pressure Burrow will see this year.

This game will be decided by other things. Turnovers. How our receivers fare against their corners. If we can slow Kupp.

I like our chances. We've done a great job slowing down key players like Derrick Henry, Tyreek Hill, Hunter Renfrow, etc.

howabout Trey and Sam to feast? Its very possible we flip the script with the all the disrespect flying around how AD (AKA Godzilla) is going to tear up our O line. 
Im seeing a HIGHLY MOTIVATED D ON SUNDAY COMIN AFTER STAFFORD
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote: I've been reading and watching all the game predictions.  It has become readily obvious that those choosing with their brains, you know all focusing on stats, rankings, previous performance, etc are all choosing the Rams.  The ones, throwing away the data are all choosing the Bengals. They choise the Bengals because they BELIEVE!!!!  just like us  Who Dey

How do you watch Burrow get pounded into the turf and get back up and beat tennessee and not believe?

When your Defense holds Mahones in the 2nd half to 3 points 2x in 1 year....       Do we doubt them vs Stafford?

Statistics cannot account for Heart or for the EYE of the TIGER!!!   lol
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: How do you watch Burrow get pounded into the turf and get back up and beat tennessee and not believe?

This! I honestly think most people picking the Rams are doing it solely based on the Rams defensive line and the fact that we gave up 9 sacks against Tennessee. But, we still beat Tennessee! It's like, i fully expect the Rams to get no less than 3 sacks. But that doesn't automatically equate to a win for the Rams. 

And, let's be honest, it's easier to overcome a multi-sack game than it is to overcome a multi-INT game that is possible with Stafford at QB.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Heart - Bengals Win
Head - If a team can get past the Chiefs/Bills in the AFC Championship there is no threat from the NFC. Or at least no team we should feel a team that has beat one of them can't hang with. Bengals win. Media taking the Wink route with Burrow will never learn.... They want to see us lose, they better quit underestimating him and give him his gold jacket now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:19 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: Post of the day!! Hilarious

or evidence that two weeks between conference championships and the Super Bowl is way too long.  Hilarious Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Heart - Bengals Win
Head - If a team can get past the Chiefs/Bills in the AFC Championship there is no threat from the NFC. Or at least no team we should feel a team that has beat one of them can't hang with. Bengals win. Media taking the Wink route with Burrow will never learn.... They want to see us lose, they better quit underestimating him and give him his gold jacket now.

While there is a lot of great players on the Rams that probly Desire rings....    I think their legacy will the the start of the Burrow Dynasty... 
Reply/Quote