Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart vs Head
(02-11-2022, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote: I've been reading and watching all the game predictions.  It has become readily obvious that those choosing with their brains, you know all focusing on stats, rankings, previous performance, etc are all choosing the Rams.  The ones, throwing away the data are all choosing the Bengals. They choise the Bengals because they BELIEVE!!!!  just like us  Who Dey

same here. my head says rams 36-10. but my heart says bengals 31-27.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:00 PM)Earendil Wrote: There's just something about this team that transcends stats and analytics.

Right on  Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I didn't get to see it. May have to youtube.

Holic has a thread I will bump it for yah Harley. Too good to miss. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 10:20 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: same here. my head says rams 36-10. but my heart says bengals 31-27.

Your head says Joe and the boys put up 10 points? You might need to go get that checked out. 
Reply/Quote
If it was the Chiefs or the Bills playing the Rams, the media would be fawning over either of those teams saying the Lambs have no chance.  The Bengals beat the Chiefs twice this season while the Rams barely beat the Ravens and got their ass kicked by the Niners and Packers.  Yeah, they're in the Superbowl, but we're the better team.  Head or heart, it doesn't matter since both are going with the Bengals.  Who ***** dey.  
Reply/Quote
Yeah I like our chances. Always felt the SB winner came out of the AFC Championship game. Might be their home deck but they won’t have their home crowd. As always their pass rush will need to be blunted and I like our receivers chances in this one. Mixon will be very important and our D is relentless and capable of creating turnovers at any time.
Don’t want to be digging out of a hole again at halftime so I’m hope Zac has a strong plan they can pull off.
Reply/Quote
Fun to go back and read through these comments and predictions.

The thing that stings is that I don't think the Rams were the better team, at least not by much. I never thought they would blow us out, but if I was given truth serum before the game I thought they would win a close one. I just thought there was a lot going against us - playing in their stadium, the NFL wanting one of the LA teams to win to revive the fan base there, the Rams stockpiling superstars like Stafford, OBJ, and Von Miller in the past year, etc.

And despite all that, we had tons of chances to win the game and just didn't get it done.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 03:59 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Yea... I don't understand why everyone is acting as though the Rams were undefeated.
They weren't.   They can be beaten.

when you step back and take a look....we were a pubic hair away from getting into field goal range to tie this thing even after the refs tried as hard as they could to screw us on the last Rams TD drive. So, IMO Rams got lucky....they still were clinging for dear life even with 7 sacks on Burrow and if  not for Perine not being a WR we might be singing in streets right now...AND WHY THE F WASNT MIXON OUT THERE!!???
The Rams literally bought a SB and it was not close to being easy even with all those high priced signings.  

***What if Burrow had the time Stafford had all day? I dont even want to compare the two QBs because one had a HUGE advantage over the the other. Its a similar feeling with Rams to whats going on in NBA now, teams trying to form these super teams to win. I live in Los Angeles and honestly Im tired of watching the Lakers bringing in all these all stars ...it kind of takes away from the spirit of the way teams should be built and win.   
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:21 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Fun to go back and read through these comments and predictions.

The thing that stings is that I don't think the Rams were the better team, at least not by much. I never thought they would blow us out, but if I was given truth serum before the game I thought they would win a close one. I just thought there was a lot going against us - playing in their stadium, the NFL wanting one of the LA teams to win to revive the fan base there, the Rams stockpiling superstars like Stafford, OBJ, and Von Miller in the past year, etc.

And despite all that, we had tons of chances to win the game and just didn't get it done.

I think the teams were fairly even. I do feel like losing OBJ hurt the Rams, I was impressed with the way out defense shut down the running game. That was huge
Reply/Quote