Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heartbreaking.. Lou has to be done, right?
This little pissing match with the defensive players and Lou has to end!! They have given up! I dont understand, Lou goes zone and no pressure all day and on the 1 play at the end where you gotta cover the endzone, He goes man and brings pressure.. He has to go.. Dunlap and Atkins not playing has blown up in their face bad. I think they had just 1 QB pressure today.. This is heartbreaking..

Mayfield 21-21 4 tds 2nd half. He is 1 of the worst QBs in football. This is unforgivable....

FIRE LOU NOW!
Reply/Quote
Bring in Wade. Not often you have a guy like him available in the middle of the season. Don’t know why he’s available and don’t care. Sorry Zak but the problem with hiring friends is you might have to fire them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not gonna happen. The entire coaching staff will be here through the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:58 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Not gonna happen. The entire coaching staff will be here through the end of the season.

If that's the case, you really have to question their passion of winning...  I get sick of the same old BS post game press conferences every week. Especially with Zack. It pisses you off even more. Just call the defense out already!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:58 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Not gonna happen. The entire coaching staff will be here through the end of the season.

Why do people think this? We've seen a number of coordinators get fired after consistently bad performances (Teryl Austin, Ken Zampese).
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:10 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Why do people think this? We've seen a number of coordinators get fired after consistently bad performances (Teryl Austin, Ken Zampese).

I hope you’re right, but I have zero faith in this coaching staff to start winning or in Mike Brown making a change. Even if he does, he’d simply promote one of the position coaches to DC. We’re not getting a top tier coach for that position.

Reply/Quote
At this point I would take Rex Ryan
Reply/Quote
I could see both Lou and Al golden being fired at bye week.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:23 PM)Tony Wrote: This little pissing match with the defensive players and Lou has to end!! They have given up! I dont understand, Lou goes zone and no pressure all day and on the 1 play at the end where you gotta cover the endzone, He goes man and brings pressure.. He has to go.. Dunlap and Atkins not playing has blown up in their face bad. I think they had just 1 QB pressure today.. This is heartbreaking..

Mayfield 21-21 4 tds 2nd half. He is 1 of the worst QBs in football. This is unforgivable....

FIRE LOU NOW!

I think that is about all the pressure we had against the Browns the first time we played them too, when Dunlap was the starter and wasnt crying yet. We have sacked Mayfield a total of 0 times this season in 2 games. The fact of the matter is, their OL is way better than our DL. That is true with or without Dunlap. He sucks this year and has had a 53 pff which is worse than any other of our DE's. It hasnt blown up in their face to not play him. It has blown up in their face to not have traded him in the offseason when he had a tiny bit of value.
Reply/Quote
I give credit to Taylor (and Burrow) for getting this offense going.

Lou has been terribly inconsistent. Literally every time the offense is clicking our defense cannot get one stop. We've seen that both times we played the Browns. We saw it pretty much every game this year. You can keep making excuses that players are out,etc. We're getting better. Etc. That's what losers do. You don't see teams like the Steelers or Ravens ever making excuses. That's all I hear from the Bengals. Oh, we are snake bit with injuries. Give the players some time to develop. Etc. Coaching is what wins games in the NFL. Just look at the Patriots. Players come and go, yet they are consistent. We need a good coach on defense.

Great example is first play of the second half. No receivers to the right side, yet there are 4 or 5 defenders on that side of the ball playing zone. You can't win when you are only calling good defensive plays less than 50% of the time.
Reply/Quote
I would also argue we need an elite pass rusher in the draft. Keep losing and maybe we get one. Obviously need to get better on the offensive line as well.
Reply/Quote
Lou had the top 10 defense after the Ravens game per PFF. What happened?

I'm not defending Lou at all by asking that. Just wondering how we played such a solid game against the high powered Ravens and then shit the bed against the Colts and Browns? Is it all Lou? Is it injuries at DT and CB? Is Carlos bringing everyone down? All the above?
Reply/Quote
I think with burrow on the roster we are a more attractive landing spot for potential HCs.

The question is how much does burrow like zac, it seems like offensively we're not really an issue and it sounds like burrow works well enough with zac. is this more of a Lou problem?

What is explanation for giving up 1 minute drive full field for TD to end game and opposing team had no Timeouts? That should have been lights out situation for any other team.

Also gave up 21 point lead in the prior game. When Nugent missed like 4 kicks in a row in a 2 game span it took marvin a few more games to fire him.

It looks like we're worst in league in giving up 20+ yard plays. 2nd worst in passing and tied for 1st worse in rushing (20+ yard plays). Given up 30 passes over 20 yards and 9 rushes over 20.
Reply/Quote
It depends on what you believe the reason for our non-existent pass rush might be. Is it Lou employing a passive, soft defensive gameplan as he absolutely did in Indy last week? Is it the strong possibility that the pass rushers on this roster just aren't any good? Both?

I'm in the both camp, but a coach is charged with taking the players he has available and crafting something effective from it. Lou was given the biggest Bengal free agency haul in the history of ever on his side of the ball. Yes, many of these additions are hurt. Even so, he still has 25 mil worth of veteran pass rushers that he's doing squat with.

I think Lou has to be the sacrificial goat here. He's not going to win with this bunch. I don't know if anyone else is, but I'm convinced enough that he isn't.
Reply/Quote
Give up anything but a touchdown at that point play prevent kf you have to..sad by Lou..this is sorry. We cannot finish a game to save our lives.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:14 PM)samhain Wrote: It depends on what you believe the reason for our non-existent pass rush might be. Is it Lou employing a passive, soft defensive gameplan as he absolutely did in Indy last week? Is it the strong possibility that the pass rushers on this roster just aren't any good? Both?

I chalk it up to practicing against the worst offensive line in history during the week.
Reply/Quote
Historically, where do you see the Bengas being bad at?

Tight ends getting open, basic tackling and end of the half/game collapse.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:02 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think with burrow on the roster we are a more attractive landing spot for potential HCs.

Except it will almost always be an “up and coming coordinator” and not a proven head coach who would demand control the Brown family won’t relinquish.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:03 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Except it will almost always be an “up and coming coordinator” and not a proven head coach who would demand control the Brown family won’t relinquish.

Agreed. I said that in another post how it's all about having more control, now, and you almost have to have that in Cincy, especially considering the FO history. Brown wants Jerry Jones level control but with zero results with it.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the reason Brown doesn't give up control is due to lack of other investments. The Bengals is the only job his family has... not like he can spend time elsewhere he rather manage a football team. Which I understand but damn he sucks at it
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote