Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helmet Watch
(02-20-2022, 01:41 PM)Destro Wrote: Alternative helmets have not been allowed until this upcoming year. There are rules to it, including the purchase of the exact same one as the others players have ( read buying two helmets for every person who puts on pads from training camp on ). Teams had to submit to the league by the end of July.

I don’t see how any of this would prevent the Bengals from doing so, though. The helmet doesn’t have to be the exact same, just the same make, model and size. It can be a different color, though, which is what this alternate look would be. If I’m understanding correctly, Cincinnati can get these alternate helmets as long as they submitted their intent to do so by July 2021 and make sure that each helmet is the same (other than color) as the players primary helmet.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 02:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don’t see how any of this would prevent the Bengals from doing so, though. The helmet doesn’t have to be the exact same, just the same make, model and size. It can be a different color, though, which is what this alternate look would be. If I’m understanding correctly, Cincinnati can get these alternate helmets as long as they submitted their intent to do so by July 2021 and make sure that each helmet is the same (other than color) as the players primary helmet.

It's currently February 2022. Plus Mike is going to buy 70 more helmets. Won't happen now.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I agree with using matte/metallics together for the stripes might look cool.

Also I think the white ones will happen because if I remember correctly Elizabeth Blackburn tweeted a pic or said something about the white helmets. She would know so if she said it then I believe it will happen.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 03:22 PM)Destro Wrote: It's currently February 2022. Plus Mike is going to buy 70 more helmets. Won't happen now.

Lol, yes Destro, I am aware of what month it is. Do you have a list of which teams have submitted a request for an alternate helmet? If so, then cool, I see the point you’re making. Otherwise, I’m not seeing why you are just confidently saying the NFL won’t allow it because we can’t know that yet. It may not happen, not saying otherwise. You were just saying it factually won’t be allowed to happen, so I thought I had missed something.

I found an article saying that fifteen teams have requested approval for alternate helmets, but no names were listed.
Reply/Quote
I've seen a chrome one with black stripes and a white one with orange stripes. I think I've also seen the black and orange reversed.
Reply/Quote