Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson breaks wrist
Ossai really has got to off the edge much this year and maybe he does step up in a big way.

It was Brady he was sacking in the preseason game and coming off Trey's side that got us all excited to begin with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:18 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: IR

this too shall pass

Dude has no quit. Front office and coaches have to protect him from himself.

I know it’s go time, super important games. But a fresh healthy Hendrickson is much more important to our team in the playoffs.

Team, guess what? Next man up. We have a decent  lead in the wild card race. We need to maintain it while Hendrickson heals up  and hope he comes back healthy and ruthless for our first playoff game,

This^.  Time to see Ossai with extended snaps and Gunter will get his chance.  Step up young fellas.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:22 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Ossai really has got to off the edge much this year and maybe he does step up in a big way.

It was Brady he was sacking in the preseason game and coming off Trey's side that got us all excited to begin with.

Ossai looks a little more round faced than he did last year. Either the poor fat America way is catching up or the rich fat American way is catching up. Either way it looks like he learned to indulge a little. He has some good mentors to show him the right way to succeed in this profession. Hopefully he follows their advice,
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ossai looks a little more round faced than he did last year. Either the poor fat America way is catching up or the rich fat American way is catching up. Either way it looks like he learned to indulge a little. He has some good mentors to show him the right way to succeed in this profession. Hopefully he follows their advice,

Maybe so have not really paid that close attention to his body style. Although he was thick coming from college.

Yet maybe he is trying to add some per playing in the middle more than the edge this season. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I was telling my old man before this game that we seem to always come away from Browns games with injuries. Good Lord. How the help did he play the whole quarter. Hell if that’s the case, tape it up and get out there next week.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Heck times have changed. When I lived in Cincy my supplier worked from a street corner in OTR

Same guy 
Reply/Quote
Found this video of players after the game heading to the locker room and you can see Hendrickson running up to one of the medical guys, you could tell he was feeling it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BqncCRhKq-4
Reply/Quote
Injuries are becoming a real concern.

Boyd
Hurst
Higgins
Hendrickson

Talk about returning for playoffs is moot unless we get there. If we keep seeing top guys go down thats going to be really tough. Our schedule on out is pretty brutal.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 10:10 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Injuries are becoming a real concern.

Boyd
Hurst
Higgins
Hendrickson

Talk about returning for playoffs is moot unless we get there. If we keep seeing top guys go down thats going to be really tough. Our schedule on out is pretty brutal.

The difference is you have backups that have risen to the occasion every time they've needed them to and haven't missed a beat. 9-4 has put them in an unbelievable playoff position. Sure, going deep into them with multiple injuries probably won't happen but making the playoffs is a different story.

Plus, I'd bet that Hurst misses no more than one more game (didn't even rule him out of the Stains game until friday), Boyd may miss just next week, Tee probably could have played alot more yesterday and won't miss anymore than next week's game, if that, and at this point we don't know the extent of Hendrickson's injury and if it was that bad he would not have played the 4th quarter. He might miss 1-2 games at most, imo.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Sam Hubbard broke Trey's wrist. The only possible upside is that banging it against a helmet means it is less likely to be a displaced fracture

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It never ceases to amaze me how tough football and hockey players are. Then you have baseball and basketball players miss whole games with a hangnail.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It never ceases to amaze me how tough football and hockey players are. Then you have baseball and basketball players miss whole games with a hangnail.

To be fair to basketball/baseball guys, they can afford to miss games. Missing 3-4 games is only 3-4% of the season for basketball players and less than 2% for baseball players. Missing 3-4 games in football is 25% of the season. I know nothing about hockey, and have always thought they were super tough. I can't comment there. I know they play 82 games as well. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It never ceases to amaze me how tough football and hockey players are. Then you have baseball and basketball players miss whole games with a hangnail.

I know you're exaggerating, but for pitchers it isn't a matter of, "pain," or, "toughness;" if you have a blister or a cut on your finger that is substantial (which are the actual injuries that sidelines pitchers, not hangnails), you literally cannot grip or spin the ball properly, which will result in you serving up meatballs for hitters. Has 0 to do with pain, 100% to do with ability to perform.

It's why Josh Beckett (the pitcher with the most blister injuries, that I can remember) always tried to go out and pitch when he was going through blister issues (with the Marlins and Red Sux; once he went to LA, I didn't bother following him anymore) and he would get shelled 'cause his breaking pitches were just hanging meatballs. No trainer ever came out, he never had to be helped off the field, he never grimaced or winced in pain, it is an injury that causes you to be bad at your job.

Also, if you start bleeding profusely, pain or not, you're getting removed from the game every time.

I tried to explain this to a moron acquaintance of mine who is the typical, Canadian, "durr durr, hockey #1, all other sports terrible, durr durr," and he just didn't listen to me;

"doesn't matter, buck up and go play."

"... but you can't grip the ball properly and will get hit around to death, which will have you removed from the game and hurt your team, so what's the point?"

"that's 'cause they're *****! Hockey players would go out there and man up!"

I didn't respond after that. People are idiots.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know you're exaggerating, but for pitchers it isn't a matter of, "pain," or, "toughness;" if you have a blister or a cut on your finger that is substantial (which are the actual injuries that sidelines pitchers, not hangnails), you literally cannot grip or spin the ball properly, which will result in you serving up meatballs for hitters. Has 0 to do with pain, 100% to do with ability to perform.

It's why Josh Beckett (the pitcher with the most blister injuries, that I can remember) always tried to go out and pitch when he was going through blister issues (with the Marlins and Red Sux; once he went to LA, I didn't bother following him anymore) and he would get shelled 'cause his breaking pitches were just hanging meatballs. No trainer ever came out, he never had to be helped off the field, he never grimaced or winced in pain, it is an injury that causes you to be bad at your job.

Also, if you start bleeding profusely, pain or not, you're getting removed from the game every time.

I tried to explain this to a moron acquaintance of mine who is the typical, Canadian, "durr durr, hockey #1, all other sports terrible, durr durr," and he just didn't listen to me;

"... but you can't grip the ball properly and will get hit around to death, which will have you removed from the game and hurt your team, so what's the point?"

Love ya Truck, but I’m not reading all that. Baseball players are big old softies. It is known. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know you're exaggerating, but for pitchers it isn't a matter of, "pain," or, "toughness;" if you have a blister or a cut on your finger that is substantial (which are the actual injuries that sidelines pitchers, not hangnails), you literally cannot grip or spin the ball properly, which will result in you serving up meatballs for hitters. Has 0 to do with pain, 100% to do with ability to perform.

yep and any wrist or hand injury will keep you from hitting the ball with any authority at all as well. A wrist injury could mess them up for an entire year easily. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 10:10 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Injuries are becoming a real concern.

Boyd
Hurst
Higgins
Hendrickson

Our next 4 are no tougher than our last 4. Buffalo and KC are a wash, but Pittsburgh and Cleveland are both as tough as our next two opponents. We get Baltimore at home. We won’t 3 straight games without our best player outside of Burrow on our team. This depth has stepped up.
Reply/Quote

And you're just covering the simple-type, boo boo injuries with pitchers that can totally derail their effectiveness. As a hitter/fielder, try running as a with a hammy or ankle injury. Ain't happening. 162 game season is freakin' brutal. Players are at the park 4-5 hours early for games, stretching, running, hitting, treatment, etc. 5-6 days a week.

And don't get me started just how brutal an 81 game NBA season is. Top athletes in the world at an incredible size knocking the crap out of each other with ZERO protection.

The goals of all sports is different. Baseball you sprint to the bases.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ossai looks a little more round faced than he did last year. Either the poor fat America way is catching up or the rich fat American way is catching up. Either way it looks like he learned to indulge a little. He has some good mentors to show him the right way to succeed in this profession. Hopefully he follows their advice,

Maybe he was told to put on some pounds too. Some people just show it more in the face 

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It never ceases to amaze me how tough football and hockey players are. Then you have baseball and basketball players miss whole games with a hangnail.

Joey Votto played the better part of 2 seasons with a torn rotator cuff.  Exceedingly painful thing to do

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: Joey Votto played the better part of 2 seasons with a torn rotator cuff.  Exceedingly painful thing to do

Fair enough. There’s certainly exceptions. And ofc I was generalizing for effect.

Reply/Quote