Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here are some interesting stats for ya....Son of Paul
(12-01-2017, 11:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely, that's why this team always has a fatal flaw that good teams exploit.

And this is Bengals football under Son of Paul. Common sense says, if your roof leaks, fix it or it will cause more damage than anticipated. Mike Brown opinion would be, it's just a small drip and its not that important. Comparing our team from just 2 yrs ago is a glaring example of complacency mixed with ignorance. An extremely toxic cocktail for an owner/gm. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 11:36 AM)bengals67 Wrote: 0-7 in playoffs and pathetic record in prime time and against Steelers is all on Marvin and his coaches.

Marvin needs to go.

If Mike starts the same train over again by hiring an insider, not changing the staff, etc. , the Bengals are doomed in Cincinnati. Fans will stop attending and they will move when lease expires because no way should Hamilton County build this current franchise a new stadium.

I agree 100%.....I want a complete housecleaning.  That said, if SOP doesn't adapt to the times.....it may be more of the same.  That's the point here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 11:36 AM)bengals67 Wrote: 0-7 in playoffs and pathetic record in prime time and against Steelers is all on Marvin and his coaches.

Marvin needs to go.

If Mike starts the same train over again by hiring an insider, not changing the staff, etc. , the Bengals are doomed in Cincinnati. Fans will stop attending and they will move when lease expires because no way should Hamilton County build this current franchise a new stadium.

I'm not sold that any coach can be successful here as long as SOP owns the team or has a heartbeat. Marvin deserves a lot of blame. Yet, the lack of success in it's entirety, sit's on the shoulders of MB! 

Reply/Quote
Bengal67 are the commissioners considering building a new Stadium? Do you think that's the only reason MB is keeping the Bengals here, in order to get a new stadium?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 10:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: MB essentially builds the team like teams were built in the 70's. Through the draft. Back then players didn't change teams as much so you hard to draft well.

In a lot of ways, we're stuck in that era.

Yep. And Marv coaches like it's still the 1970's. Mike and Marv are two peas in a pod. The decades have changed and nobody told them  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 11:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not sold that any coach can be successful here as long as SOP owns the team or has a heartbeat. Marvin deserves a lot of blame. Yet, the lack of success in it's entirety, sit's on the shoulders of MB! 

Agree,

What needs to happen is complete change top to bottom.

Hire a real GM and turn over the reins to him. Complete coaching change, new HC allowed to hire entire new staff.  A total and complete break from Bengal land as we now know it !

What we'll get is MB still acting GM, perhaps a couple coaching changes maybe even ML gone. And nothing will really change. PA will still be running his little disjointed side show with the ear of MB and the HC will just have to suffer along.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 11:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not sold that any coach can be successful here as long as SOP owns the team or has a heartbeat. Marvin deserves a lot of blame. Yet, the lack of success in it's entirety, sit's on the shoulders of MB! 

True. It's terrifying that Mike is still involved with this team (in any capacity). We can only hope that Mike retired along with Marv after this season (And that Katie takes more after her grandfather than her disgrace of a father). 

Though as terrible as Mike is, I believe the main reason we didn't win a single playoff game in 7 tries mostly falls on poor coaching. Mainly, Marv. If we have just about any other coach, I think we win at least one playoff game, likely more. Unfortunately for us, Mike didn't (and maybe even still doesn't) believe that Marv is an issue  Whatever  They are far too buddy-buddy.

This is why you keep your distance from your employees.  
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 11:24 AM)Wyche Wrote: Without Merv's decent tenure, how bad would it be?  It was HORRENDOUS before his arrival.  I think I just vurped in my mouth defending Merv.... Sick

God, I don't even want to think about it  Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 11:24 AM)Wyche Wrote: Without Merv's decent tenure, how bad would it be?  It was HORRENDOUS before his arrival.  I think I just vurped in my mouth defending Merv.... Sick

As I've said before...IF Marvin coached the Steelers, he likely wins 1 or 2 Super Bowls by now.

I think we'll see that after he leaves we may have a coach who can win a single playoff game here and there...but success will be hard to find.
Reply/Quote

Marvin does deserve some blame for the playoff losses...but the team let Whitworth and Zeitler leave and really didn't bring capable starters in to replace them with some $21 million in cap space sitting there.

There are teams with no cap space that manage to sign impact guys. The Bengals are at the far extreme of that.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 01:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

What needs to happen is complete change top to bottom.

Hire a real GM and turn over the reins to him. Complete coaching change, new HC allowed to hire entire new staff.  A total and complete break from Bengal land as we now know it !

What we'll get is MB still acting GM, perhaps a couple coaching changes maybe even ML gone. And nothing will really change. PA will still be running his little disjointed side show with the ear of MB and the HC will just have to suffer along.

If the 90's didn't make them hire a GM...making the playoffs 5 out of 7 years won't. The 5 straight playoff appearances pretty much ensures management will stay the same.

Heck...one day they'll be saying 'We made the playoffs 5 times in the past 12 years.'
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree 100%.....I want a complete housecleaning.  That said, if SOP doesn't adapt to the times.....it may be more of the same.  That's the point here.

Being a fan of the Bengals, under Mike Brown's leadership is kinda like being married to Waylon Jennings in the 1970's.

She's a good hearted woman, in love with a good timing man.

She love's him despite his wicked ways, that she don't understand.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 03:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Being a fan of the Bengals, under Mike Brown's leadership is kinda like being married to Waylon Jennings in the 1970's.

Props for the Waylon reference!  Nice!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 03:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Being a fan of the Bengals, under Mike Brown's leadership is kinda like being married to Waylon Jennings in the 1970's.

Mike Browns response: "Here's a quarter, call someone who cares!"

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 07:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Mike Browns response: "Here's a quarter, call someone who cares!"

I'd have to use it to call ahead to my destination.

Luckenbach Texas, with Willie, Waylon, and the boys..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd have to use it to call ahead to my destination.

Luckenbach Texas, with Willie, Waylon, and the boys..

You got friends in low places.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 07:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You got friends in low places.

But you never even called me by my name..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But you never even called me by my name..

But I have? Here's your one chance Fancy, don't let me down! Hilarious

DingDing

Reply/Quote
Oh shit. We derailed the thread. Sorry guys, even veterans can get carried away sometimes.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 07:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Oh shit. We derailed the thread. Sorry guys, even veterans can get carried away sometimes.

It's alright, Harley.  We can't have derailed the thread any worse than how Mike Brown has derailed all of his father's work.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote