Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here are some interesting stats for ya....Son of Paul
(12-02-2017, 12:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How sad is it that we've hyped up beating the Steelers to some Super Bowl like level of achievement?

I mean, the Bears beat them this year! The Bears!

The Steelers have at times been guilty of playing down to competition.  Perhaps this is our opportunity to bloody their nose?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good research in statistics.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 12:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Steelers have at times been guilty of playing down to competition.  Perhaps this is our opportunity to bloody their nose?

It's possible. We should beat them at home. And IF we do win fans will think we're going to win the Super Bowl...much like they get excited beating the Broncos in the midst of a long losing streak and the Browns.

We play the Steelers twice a year...we should be able to beat them about 4 times out of 10...so yeah we should almost split with them every year...but we're so terrible against them that if we split it will be viewed as winning the Super Bowl almost.
Reply/Quote
Seldom in sports do you see as 1-sided a rivalry as Bengals/Steelers is my point.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 12:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How sad is it that we've hyped up beating the Steelers to some Super Bowl like level of achievement?

I mean, the Bears beat them this year! The Bears!

I saw the record of the Steelers against the Bears at Soldier Field the other day.

It was horrific.

For some reason Da Bears got their number yo !!
All time it's 19-7-1  !!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 01:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: As I've said before...IF Marvin coached the Steelers, he likely wins 1 or 2 Super Bowls by now.

I think we'll see that after he leaves we may have a coach who can win a single playoff game here and there...but success will be hard to find.
Obviously you haven't noticed his clock management. 
Reply/Quote
There have been talks about a new stadium and this morning Mr Bown selected the crew to implode Paul Brown Stadium:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/03/silverdome-implosion-doesnt-take/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We all know the perceptions of Mike Brown. Yet, coaches and players constantly talk about how he's not the villain that's perceived in the media. I always wondered if Mike was better than what we all thought. Then the first edition of Hard Knocks rolls in. Keep in mind that the team has full control over what footage HBO is allowed to use. What do we see? Our owner suggesting that we move a DE to TE, due to injury, and the guy had no history of playing TE ever. Those kinds of suggestions/decisions are crazy. Just imagine what other position changes he's suggested with no cameras around. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 02:52 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We all know the perceptions of Mike Brown. Yet, coaches and players constantly talk about how he's not the villain that's perceived in the media. I always wondered if Mike was better than what we all thought. Then the first edition of Hard Knocks rolls in. Keep in mind that the team has full control over what footage HBO is allowed to use. What do we see? Our owner suggesting that we move a DE to TE, due to injury, and the guy had no history of playing TE ever. Those kinds of suggestions/decisions are crazy. Just imagine what other position changes he's suggested with no cameras around. 

Same kind of reasoning that makes Paul Alexander our H.C. Next year.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 11:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Best thread I've read in awhile. I'm not even a big country fan, but these are some all-time great tunes.

Yeah, but Harley ruined it by quoting Garth Brooks....the man who ushered in "pop country". Tongue

As my favorite country artist, Waylon Jennings once said....."Garth Brooks has done for country music what pantyhose did for finger-f***ing".

I guess that sort of exemplifies what Son of Paul has done for the Bengals. Mellow

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 09:36 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He’ll live longer than Monty Burns.

.....longer than Dan Halen.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 02:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....longer than Dan Halen.

[Image: tumblr_omi3nw0jw61ugv7b3o2_500.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 08:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Same kind of reasoning that makes Paul Alexander our H.C. Next year.

I was thinking they might give it to Paul Guenther, although I think we need to get rid of everyone starting at the very top
Reply/Quote