Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here comes the cavalry. Maybe
(12-08-2021, 01:11 PM)Whacked Wrote: How long is Awuzie out for?
Ouch - love that dude

Awuzie is the infamous day to day.  We will find out today if he practices at all.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 01:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Has he practiced yet?

Cuz I’m betting free money Wayne’s has an injury or 2 he’s been holding back on the physicians.

“Oh my back!”

“Waynes, that’s your hand.”

“I think I broke it when I was petting my dog this morning! Think Im done for the year! I don’t know how Im cashing these free paychecks!”

Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 12:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So if Chido is good to go do they start Waynes in place of Apple? Eli has been playing pretty damn well lately.

I think even if he does play he's gonna need to ease his way back. Not only from an injury front but also to be able to play good football. Hopefully he can show his worth for next year. If we can make a playoff appearance hopefully he can be healthy and playing good enough to be a contributor.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 12:51 PM)pally Wrote: Jay Morrison said he would not be surprised to see Waynes activated this weekend

[Image: EfuyRQIlN1WXG7Y83Fys64US6S-C9UKgjBJGrhj9...835fddf8f9]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 01:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think even if he does play he's gonna need to ease his way back. Not only from an injury front but also to be able to play good football. Hopefully he can show his worth for next year. If we can make a playoff appearance hopefully he can be healthy and playing good enough to be a contributor.

The year Peyton Manning won his Super Bowl with the Colts Bob Sanders missed almost all of the regular season then played like a demon in the playoffs.  Totally transformed the entire defense.

Not saying Waynes is as good of a player as Bob sanders was.  But he could have a big impact in the postseason.
Reply/Quote
Zac just said that if Waynes handles practice ok, he WILL play on Sunday. Also that he anticipates both Hopkins and Reiff, though Reiff is still more limited than Hopkins, to practice and play. It sounded like D'Ante may be out at least another week.

Awuzie won't practice today or tomorrow.

Burrow won't throw at practice

Bailey is limited this week as they evaluate him. They are preparing Bachie to start just in case
Mixon and Shelvin will not practice due to non-COVID illness (colds) in order to prevent it from spreading. It is that time of year

Reply/Quote
Smith?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 03:22 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Smith?

yes D'Ante Smith

Reply/Quote
The bad part about the Waynes deal is how much some media lauded it as a success because of the front load $20 million). Now, more than halfway through, hes a great example of why not to have contracts that don't factor in guys who spend the season on the couch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 02:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The year Peyton Manning won his Super Bowl with the Colts Bob Sanders missed almost all of the regular season then played like a demon in the playoffs.  Totally transformed the entire defense.

Not saying Waynes is as good of a player as Bob sanders was.  But he could have a big impact in the postseason.

I may be misremembering (wasn't a colts fan) but that's how I always remember sanders. Dude was amazing when he was healthy, just never healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 03:23 PM)pally Wrote: yes D'Ante Smith

oh right on, forgot about that fella 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 03:38 PM)Benton Wrote: I may be misremembering (wasn't a colts fan) but that's how I always remember sanders. Dude was amazing when he was healthy, just never healthy.

Yep. Always hurt.  Only played more than 6 games ina season twice and was All-Pro both of those seasons.

Sanders only played parts of 4 regular season games for the '06 Colts and they had the worst run defense in the last 35 years (173 yds/gm, 5.3 yds/att).  During their 4 postseason games with Sanders they allowed 82.8 rush yds/gm and 4.1 yds/att.
Reply/Quote
Ya , I'm sure Wayne's is gonna be great having not played but 2 games in 2 years. He wasn't that good to begin with.. The Jags attacked him hard..
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad Waynes is back. I'm not even going to crack any jokes.

I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Waynes sustained a concussion putting on his helmet. He is out for 3 weeks.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 02:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The year Peyton Manning won his Super Bowl with the Colts Bob Sanders missed almost all of the regular season then played like a demon in the playoffs.  Totally transformed the entire defense.

Yeah this would be the scenario I would be hoping for if we make the playoffs. Not necessarily that I think we would the superbowl. But it would be nice if we could get Waynes healthy and playing well if we do make the playoffs. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think we have seen Waynes, Hilton and Awuzie all on the field at the same time. Then Apple coming off the bench with all the playing time he's had our secondary could be in really good shape.

I did see Awuzie won't pratice today or tomorrow dealing with his foot injury so hopefully we can still ease Waynes back in a little without counting on him all game.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 04:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm just glad Waynes is back. I'm not even going to crack any jokes.

I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

His feelings and his back are now hurt.  Good job.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 06:58 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: His feelings and his back are now hurt.  Good job.

I guess words really can hurt. My mama lied to me. Cry
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 03:37 PM)Benton Wrote: The bad part about the Waynes deal is how much some media lauded it as a success because of the front load $20 million). Now, more than halfway through, hes a great example of why not to have contracts that don't factor in guys who spend the season on the couch.

When Waynes' contract was written, he did not have a history of being injured at the Vikings, so he wasn't "a guy who spends the season on the couch" so there was no reason for that to be factored in.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 11:58 AM)samhain Wrote: Smith and the 14 million dollar phantom are cleared to practice according to the mothership.  It would be nice to get something out of Waynes in a time of possible need with Awuzie in question.

Waynes needs to do something good. Like you said, he has been a phantom since becoming a Bengal.

Like seeing D'Ante coming back, he played very well in the preseason and honestly I think he can be better than Prince if Reiff 
cannot go. Anyways, this is good news for depth purposes at the very least.
Reply/Quote