Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's $100k
and 20 extra hours a week. 

You need to start a new business with it. 

What are you going to do?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 02:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: and 20 extra hours a week. 

Without knowing the area of business,  I'd have to say "buy a drop-top and find a spot to pimp".
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 02:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: and 20 extra hours a week. 

Open a Chik Fil A franchise on Colerain Ave. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Real estate. 2 bed townhouses specifically. Not sure about your market, but in mine if you buy smart that will buy one unit free and clear and earn you about a $1000/month revenue stream.
Reply/Quote
Virtual reality game arcade.

It will be obsolete in a few years when everyone has one in their homes, but you wil make soem money for a while.

Seriously, if anyone has any money to invest, virtual reality entertainment is the wave of the future. Within 10 years the video game market will be transformed and we will all be watching sports in realistic 3-D from a sideline/courtside point of view.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 04:00 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Real estate. 2 bed townhouses specifically. Not sure about your market, but in mine if you buy smart that will buy one unit free and clear and earn you about a $1000/month revenue stream.

Don't buy a $100K unit.  Use the $100K to leverage $300-$400K worth of property.  The income stream should still cover the mortgage/insurance/taxes/maintenance/etc.

Plus managing property doesn't take 20 hours a week.  It takes more time than most people think, but not 20 hours every week.
Reply/Quote
I also think someday tattoo removal shops will become as popular as tattoo shops are today.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 04:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I also think someday tattoo removal shops will become as popular as tattoo shops are today.

I actually checked into it. I know a lady who does both. She makes more taking tattoos off than she does putting them on. She  usually gets repeat customers — puts them on, six months later she takes them off at 3-4 times the price.

The cost of the laser is crazy though. It works for her because she's already got a brick and mortar business set up.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 04:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't buy a $100K unit.  Use the $100K to leverage $300-$400K worth of property.  The income stream should still cover the mortgage/insurance/taxes/maintenance/etc.

Plus managing property doesn't take 20 hours a week.  It takes more time than most people think, but not 20 hours every week.

You are correct. I was just trying to keep it simple, but absolutely leverage the money to it's maximum.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Virtual reality game arcade.

It will be obsolete in a few years when everyone has one in their homes, but you wil make soem money for a while.

Seriously, if anyone has any money to invest, virtual reality entertainment is the wave of the future.  Within 10 years the video game market will be transformed and we will all be watching sports in realistic 3-D from a sideline/courtside point of view.

Have you seen the Microsoft Halolens project? Its basically what you just said. Its coming. 

https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Start a retro arcade bar like the one they have in Cincinnati Columbus and Cleveland called 16-bit. ( http://16-bitbar.com ) It has Every single retro arcade game you can think of and booze.it is always packed full on weekends. I'd be starting it down here in the destin fl area and I have no doubt I'd make a killing off of tourists.

Reply/Quote
For me, it would be a laundromat or car wash. I've contemplated the laundromat idea a few times, would like to have a building with laundry on one side, and bar on the other.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For me, it would be a laundromat or car wash.  I've contemplated the laundromat idea a few times, would like to have a building with laundry on one side, and bar on the other.

Very interesting. I'm trying to think of an angle where you can tie the two together. You've got to somehow get them to puke all over themselves so they can clean their clothes and have another drink while waiting. Maybe a 3 for 1 happy hour deal on Tequila or jäger shots?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 03:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Open a Chik Fil A franchise on Colerain Ave. 

Colerain Ave. not have enough diarrhea?

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For me, it would be a laundromat or car wash.  I've contemplated the laundromat idea a few times, would like to have a building with laundry on one side, and bar on the other.

you always struck me as a cash business kind of guy.  
Reply/Quote
Drive through bar and brothel...
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 09:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Drive through bar and brothel...

It's bee done before....in Pittsburgh, of course....but it's closed now. Building is still there if you want to reopen it 

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/15326
Reply/Quote
A Skyline in E-Town.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

They're becoming quite popular....

http://draftmag.com/pubs-laundromat-bars/

"Duds n' Suds"  Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

How about a Car Wash for clothes? Put them in one side, they come out clean and dry on the other.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote