Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a pic of Merv from 2003
[Image: tempLewis-Birthday-017--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: tempLewis-Birthday-017--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg]

[Image: ap-image.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: marvinlewis.jpg]
Reply/Quote
15 years shows on all of us, but still. You can see light in his eyes back then, there's barely a flicker now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: marvinlewis.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: marvin_zoom.jpg]

[Image: 020113_otr_lewis_640.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Marv through the years...

1979 as an Idaho State Bengal all-conference LB
[Image: marvin-lewis-mustache-08112014.jpg]

[Image: lewis3_zoom.jpg]

[Image: marvin-lewis-deal-2015.jpg]

[Image: TCwvMmY.jpg]

As you can see, the affects of being a Bengal are worse than meth.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: marvin_zoom.jpg]

[Image: 020113_otr_lewis_640.jpg]

By the looks of things he went from being the wacky weather guy at Channel 14 to a disgruntled, disgusted, cynical, abrasive, bitter man.  
I remember the day of that press conference, with him in his shiny suit and wearing his big ass Super Bowl bling.  Damn, I thought we'd have a couple of those rings by now.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Scary. It's like he was a four term President.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Reminds me of Obama after 8 years,
Reply/Quote
Thank you for taking the Bengals out of the hole Marv, and thank you for leaving now. It's not easy working for M. B. I'll read your memoirs when you write your book.
Reply/Quote
Feel for him somewhat.

Tough gig.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Marvin deserves way more respect than this board is giving him.

While it’s time for a change, he brought us from a laughing stock of to a respectable franchise. If you’re under 35 years old you have no idea how bad of shape this franchise was in during the 90’s.

Marvin did a solid job and I’ll always think fondly of his tenure here.
Reply/Quote
He should have been gone two years ago.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:06 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: Marvin deserves way more respect than this board is giving him.

While it’s time for a change, he brought us from a laughing stock of to a respectable franchise. If you’re under 35 years old you have no idea how bad of shape this franchise was in during the 90’s.

I think your math is a little off...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:39 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Thank you for taking the Bengals out of the hole Marv, and thank you for leaving now. It's not easy working for M. B.  I'll read your memoirs when you write your book.

Sums things up extremely well.
Reply/Quote
He was such a good hire at the time. Seriously, he was.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Given what being a head coach in the NFL entails, I doubt many of them age that well.

Hell, just look at Belichick with the Browns and now.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:06 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: Marvin deserves way more respect than this board is giving him.

While it’s time for a change, he brought us from a laughing stock of to a respectable franchise.  If you’re under 35 years old you have no idea how bad of shape this franchise was in during the 90’s.

Agree.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He was such a good hire at the time. Seriously, he was.

It was a great hire in 2003. We kept him around a decade too long though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote