• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hewitt Released
per Dehner

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
RIP
Always liked Hewitt.
Reply/Quote
Mistake. Our running backs are going to miss how he hit the hole in front of them in short yardage runs..... hope someone outside the division picks him up. (Actually, I hope he winds up back here, just not with a Division opponent)
Reply/Quote
No surprise with the decreased role of the fullback/H back over the last few years in the NFL... Lazor has to shape his offensive to his vision, though I thought maybe he would not be cut with his specials role but they save a few bucks with the cut also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 12:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No surprise with the decreased role of the fullback/H back over the last few years in the NFL... Lazor has to shape his offensive to his vision, though I thought maybe he would not be cut with his specials role but they save a few bucks with the cut also.

If you look at some of the best offenses, they still use them. Patriots, 49ers, etc. 

I'm a bit unsure about this move. I liked Hewitt, thought he was a decent weapon and overall good player. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 12:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Mistake. Our running backs are going to miss how he hit the hole in front of them in short yardage runs..... hope someone outside the division picks him up. (Actually, I hope he winds up back here, just not with a Division opponent)

I’m surprised they released him. I agree that he was huge in the run game.

Hopefully Billings takes on a Peko like role as goalline FB!!! Lol
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Maybe Jordan Franks takes over that role?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Hill always ran better behind a fullback. Maybe Mixon doesn't....
Reply/Quote
It makes sense. He was in on only 11% of snaps last season on offense, though 46% on STs. So basically he was far from being integral on offense by any means.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2017-snap-counts.htm
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 01:08 PM)Shady Wrote: Maybe Jordan Franks takes over that role?

Either that or they go with tight ends providing more blocking, I really have no idea - this caught me by surprise tbh.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I don't see it posted anywhere else, but who knows.

Maybe they decided to cut him to put Cethan Freaking Carter on the IR list as the article suggest.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-doctoring-roster

I hope not as I am not impressed with Carter and it would be questionable move to put a player as expendable as Carter on the list, especially if you have to cut a guy that is just as good as, or perhaps even better than Carter to do it.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 01:25 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: I don't see it posted anywhere else, but who knows.

Maybe they decided to cut him to put Cethan Freaking Carter on the IR list as the article suggest.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-doctoring-roster

I hope not as I am not impressed with Carter and it would be questionable move to put a player as expendable as Carter on the list, especially if you have to cut a guy that is just as good as, or perhaps even better than Carter to do it.

Just saw Carter is going on IR, so he will be done for the year.
https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1035927857049030658
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
He is a vested veteran, so he is a FA instead of being subject to waivers.

It's possible he was cut to retain Core for IR Return and not subjecting Tate to waivers, with the handshake agreement in place to re-sign Monday after the IR transaction is complete.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 02:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He is a vested veteran, so he is a FA instead of being subject to waivers.

It's possible he was cut to retain Core for IR Return and not subjecting Tate to waivers, with the handshake agreement in place to re-sign Monday after the IR transaction is complete.

That kind of sounds like a good explanation..... ThumbsUp I would think if they were going to release Hewitt for good, they would have done it earlier so he would have a chance to catch a job elsewhere....
Reply/Quote
Ryan Hewitt

Verified account

@Huey_85
6m6 minutes ago
More
Incredibly grateful for my time in Cincinnati!! Bummed it ends like this and I wish I could have had more of an impact on the field the last couple years. Good luck to the boys this year and excited to see what’s next!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 04:44 PM)pally Wrote: Ryan Hewitt

Verified account

@Huey_85
6m6 minutes ago
More
Incredibly grateful for my time in Cincinnati!! Bummed it ends like this and I wish I could have had more of an impact on the field the last couple years. Good luck to the boys this year and excited to see what’s next!

His position got phased out and therefore, so did he.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Totally fine with this.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 01:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hill always ran better behind a fullback. Maybe Mixon doesn't....

Thus far, Mixon hasn't run well behind anyone.
Reply/Quote
The FB position just ain't what it used to be and in todays game it's kinda a double edged sword. When he jogs out there for his 11% of the plays the D knows there's about an 85% chance a run is coming. If you jog him out there for more plays where we don't run you're taking a play maker off the field.

Having said all of that with this O-line I'm pretty surprised.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 07:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The FB position just ain't what it used to be and in todays game it's kinda a double edged sword. When he jogs out there for his 11% of the plays the D knows there's about an 85% chance a run is coming. If you jog him out there for more plays where we don't run you're taking a play maker off the field.

Having said all of that with this O-line I'm pretty surprised.

Does not matter what the line , it matters what Lazors vision is with offense, not worth a roster spot of he gets in 10 percent of plays
Reply/Quote