Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys there's a game this Sunday! Wanna talk about it?
(09-03-2019, 11:35 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Keys to the game:

Our running game needs to step up. A good game by Mixon is almost a must. It will take the crowd out of it. Plus take Clowney away except in obvious passing situations.

Keeping Seattle one dimensional by stacking the box and keeping Russell off balance. Seattle's WR are unproven and we should match up well. I'd shade to Lockett's side as a safety.

(09-03-2019, 11:39 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Clowney has to be blocked. Sample should be in to chip and even double team often.

1. Clowney has done dick against us, historically.
2. You're quite preoccupied with him, yet he will most-likely not play on Sunday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Some good discussion here so far, thanks. Really found the numbers posted by rfaulk interesting in particular.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:28 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So yeah, I dunno if you're like me or anything but it's pretty exciting that football is back and that the Bengals kickoff on Sunday. And I just had this crazy thought that maybe people would want to talk about the game? I mean maybe I'm wrong and you're more interested in yet another thread about who's calling the shots in the front office, or an in depth discussion on how Josh Malone totally should still be on the roster, or some more analysis of Mike Brown as an owner ("hey guys did you know he might not be very good?")... but I'm thinking somebody might want to , you know, talk some football?

So Bengals vs Seahawks, this Sunday at 4pm. The baby Bengals are lead by their new young coaching staff into one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL to square off against a playoff team from a year ago. What matchups do you look at as favoring the good guys? What matchups do you think will cause us fits? Is there anything in particular you think is the key to the game, and why is that? What are you looking for on offense, and what approach do you think we might see from the defense? Are there any players in particular you look to be an X factor? If you've got thoughts on any of these, I'd love to hear and discuss them!

Note that this is NOT a predictions thread (that's elsewhere), but feel free to throw yours out there in your discussion if you want.

Some have concern Bengals only have 4 LB's.  Coach Taylor came in saying in NFL your D has 5 or more DB's on the field 80 % of the time.  So we know going in that we will see less Bengals LB's and more Bengals DB's to the tune of 80 % of the time loaded on DB's on the field.  So there is a need for DB's that can stop the run.  There is also a need for a D Lineman Tweener type that can play LB if needed. 

GO BENGALS.....NEW DEY.....Make Russell beat you with his feet.  Better to let him rush for 100 yards than pass for 400 yards.  Get after him, hurry him all game long. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:28 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So yeah, I dunno if you're like me or anything but it's pretty exciting that football is back and that the Bengals kickoff on Sunday. And I just had this crazy thought that maybe people would want to talk about the game? I mean maybe I'm wrong and you're more interested in yet another thread about who's calling the shots in the front office, or an in depth discussion on how Josh Malone totally should still be on the roster, or some more analysis of Mike Brown as an owner ("hey guys did you know he might not be very good?")... but I'm thinking somebody might want to , you know, talk some football?

So Bengals vs Seahawks, this Sunday at 4pm. The baby Bengals are lead by their new young coaching staff into one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL to square off against a playoff team from a year ago. What matchups do you look at as favoring the good guys? What matchups do you think will cause us fits? Is there anything in particular you think is the key to the game, and why is that? What are you looking for on offense, and what approach do you think we might see from the defense? Are there any players in particular you look to be an X factor? If you've got thoughts on any of these, I'd love to hear and discuss them!

Note that this is NOT a predictions thread (that's elsewhere), but feel free to throw yours out there in your discussion if you want.

Some have concern Bengals only have 4 LB's.  Coach Taylor came in saying in NFL your D has 5 or more DB's on the field 80 % of the time.  So we know going in that we will see less Bengals LB's and more Bengals DB's to the tune of 80 % of the time loaded on DB's on the field.  So there is a need for DB's that can stop the run.  There is also a need for a D Lineman Tweener type that can play LB if needed. 

GO BENGALS.....NEW DEY.....Make Russell beat you with his feet.  Better to let him rush for 100 yards than pass for 400 yards.  Get after him, hurry him all game long. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We have to keep the penalties under control, we can't have half a dozen drive killing false starts. Yes I'm talking to you Bobby Hart.

Get in the lead and stay in the lead (duh). It quiets the 12th man a bunch. Plus it takes them out of their comfort zone/ability to run it down our throats.

Turnover battle, we need to win it, give our offense a couple short fields.

Limit their run game as much as possible, no big chunk runs.

ZT should know the seachickens pretty well giving us a little edge.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 10:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We have to keep the penalties under control, we can't have half a dozen drive killing false starts. Yes I'm talking to you Bobby Hart.

Get in the lead and stay in the lead (duh). It quiets the 12th man a bunch. Plus it takes them out of their comfort zone/ability to run it down our throats.

Turnover battle, we need to win it, give our offense a couple short fields.

Limit their run game as much as possible, no big chunk runs.

ZT should know the seachickens pretty well giving us a little edge.

That was Redmond Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 10:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: ZT should know the seachickens pretty well giving us a little edge.

Seahawks know ZT's offense well by now too
Reply/Quote
I would think having 5 DL, that would keep our LBs clean. Backside defenders have to stay home. Look for them to try and get on the edges.
Eifert should be targeted heavy in this game!
I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited as hell to see this offense, even the defense!
Reply/Quote
Well it seems like Taylor wants to run a lot this season. The Seahawks were 30th in YPC allowed last season.

Seeing how the Seahawks had 43 sacks last year and added Clowney, we should probably avoid passing behind our line.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 08:56 AM)jason Wrote: Last I heard, Seattle was favored by 5... It's all the way up to 9.5?

Yep

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Isn't Seattle pretty amazing at home and pretty average on the road generally?
Reply/Quote
All the best to you guys on your upcoming season.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 11:08 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't Seattle pretty amazing at home and pretty average on the road generally?

I think their home advantage has decreased significantly in the past few years, but I'd be a lot more confident if this were in Cincy, to be sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 11:08 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't Seattle pretty amazing at home and pretty average on the road generally?

Yes, that's been their MO for quite some time. Let's hope we can catch em off guard Sunday.
Reply/Quote
as a die hard bengal from seattle. russell wilson chris carson and the seattle defensive front are gonna have big days. i see a 31-10 victory for seattle and dalton is gonna be bothered all day
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 10:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well it seems like Taylor wants to run a lot this season. The Seahawks were 30th in YPC allowed last season.

Seeing how the Seahawks had 43 sacks last year and added Clowney, we should probably avoid passing behind our line.

this is good news as our offensive line got a ton of push this preseason in the run game....oh wait.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 12:19 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: this is good news as our offensive line got a ton of push this preseason in the run game....oh wait.

and Mixon and Gio had a ton of carries in the preseason.....oh wait
Reply/Quote

The Bengals have won the last two games against the Seahawks.

In 2011, with a rookie QB and star WR, the Bengals went into Seattle and beat them 34 to 12. Beastmode had 24 yards on 16 carries.

In 2015, the Seahawks came to PBS and Bengals won in OT 27 to 24.

Last year in game one, with a worse team than this year's (by some accounts) and with a worse coaching staff than this year's (by some accounts), the Bengals went to Indy and beat a team that finished 10-6, won their division and their wildcard round game.

This year in game one, with a better team (by some accounts) and with a way better coaching staff (by some accounts), the Bengals are going to Seattle to play a team that finished 10-6 last season, earned a wildcard spot and lost in that wildcard game.

So, we should win handily, right?

I mean, like all logic says we'll just roll away with this one. We got rid of Marv who doesn't know anything. We hired Wonder Coach who knows everything.

Talk is so freakin' cheap. I want to see all this New Dey stuff translate into wins on the field. Week one is a good time to start. Games count now.

Reply/Quote
I think they try to dominate the LOS and run it down our throats.

I think we should play more zone against them. This way we can shadow Wilson so slow down his scrambling. Also, they have exactly 1 experienced WR, that is Lockett. Young receivers struggle reading coverages and getting into the soft spots as well so we may be able to get some interceptions. We can't Carson or them run on us at will, we need the DL to control the LOS.

On offense, we have to win 1st down consistently and 40% of 3rd downs while protecting the ball.

We do these things, I think we have a shot to pull out an exciting road victory by a last second field goal.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hope Mixon is right...

Also, Glenn still under protocol, so here's to hoping Andre has a great game.
Reply/Quote