Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys there's a game this Sunday! Wanna talk about it?
(09-04-2019, 12:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: and Mixon and Gio had a ton of carries in the preseason.....oh wait

The common theme of the offensive line was the pass pro was better but the offensive line could not get any push in the run game.  but based on ur narrative how could the pass pro be better when boyd and aj green basically didnt even play this pre season.  byid only a few snaps???  just cuz mixon and bernard didnt play much has absolutely nothing to do with the offensive line and how good of job they did up front in regards to push and opening up holes.  in fact the one mixon run i saw he was forced to bounce it outside and grab 11 yards on his own with no help upfront.
Reply/Quote
Wilson generally throws very few interceptions too and our CB's don't intercept many. That's a theme.

We have to really limit TO's. If we go -2, -3, it will be hard to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 10:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Seahawks know ZT's offense well by now too

They know McVay's offense well by now, though that apparently hasn't necessarily helped them all that much.  As to ZT's offense, I expect it to be a variation on McVay's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Let's remember that the Seahags lost Frank Clark and his 13 sacks before adding Clowney and his 9 sacks. So in that sense Clowney is sort of a wash for them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's remember that the Seahags lost Frank Clark and his 13 sacks before adding Clowney and his 9 sacks. So in that sense Clowney is sort of a wash for them.

They also added Ezekiel Ansah and drafted LJ Collier along with 2nd year Poona Ford on the defensive line and their linebackers Wagner Wright and Kendricks the seahawks have a very good front 7. The Bengals offense has a very difficult task in front of them.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Weather report in Seattle is calling for a chance of showers...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:45 PM)Synric Wrote: They also added Ezekiel Ansah and drafted LJ Collier along with 2nd year Poona Ford on the defensive line and their linebackers Wagner Wright and Kendricks the seahawks have a very good front 7. The Bengals offense has a very difficult task in front of them.

A lot of names and talent in that front 7... They definitely have the edge as far as LBs go. Interestingly they were very good against the run last year. I expect Seattle to bring a lot a pressure up front though. I think that Sample is gonna be a busy man this Sunday.... Probably a lot of two TE for the Bengals?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's remember that the Seahags lost Frank Clark and his 13 sacks before adding Clowney and his 9 sacks. So in that sense Clowney is sort of a wash for them.

how fast can clowny plug and play into a new system though... I feel he might be limited game 1.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:45 PM)Synric Wrote: They also added Ezekiel Ansah and drafted LJ Collier along with 2nd year Poona Ford on the defensive line and their linebackers Wagner Wright and Kendricks the seahawks have a very good front 7. The Bengals offense has a very difficult task in front of them.

I don't expect Ansah or Duane Brown to play. They haven't practiced because of knee injuries.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:50 PM)McC Wrote: They know McVay's offense well by now, though that apparently hasn't necessarily helped them all that much.  As to ZT's offense, I expect it to be a variation on McVay's.

Exactly

I'm sure there will be plenty of elements of the Rams offense. But I'm just as sure ZT is going to put plenty of his own little twist on it.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 11:25 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

I'm sure there will be plenty of elements of the Rams offense. But I'm just as sure ZT is going to put plenty of his own little twist on it.

Maybe he'll bring the U of Cincy playbook!!!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 12:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe he'll bring the U of Cincy playbook!!!  Hilarious

Dead Horse  You just won't give up on that narrative will you  Dead Horse

What are you going to do if ZT and the Bengals have success this season ? 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 12:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe he'll bring the U of Cincy playbook!!!  Hilarious

Here comes Pistons to shit on another thread. 

Still waiting for you point out the vast amount of talent on that UC roster using that playbook and to explain why UC showed minimal improvement the next year with an all new playbook...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 12:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Dead Horse  You just won't give up on that narrative will you  Dead Horse

The same thing he's doing right now - wait until they finally fall on their face so he can gloat about it endlessly. If it takes one week or 17, he'll be waiting, but he's already got boxes of tissues and KY sitting next to his computer for Sunday night and it's not like they ever expire.
Reply/Quote
The key is establishing the run. I know it is a cliche'.

But long, grinding drives of 3-4 yards running on first and second downs - leaving short yardage on third downs (3rd and 3 or 4).

This will work, unless we start getting penalty calls.

On defense, contain Wilson in the pocket!
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 12:30 PM)XsandOs Wrote: The key is establishing the run. I know it is a cliche'.

But long, grinding drives of 3-4 yards running on first and second downs - leaving short yardage on third downs (3rd and 3 or 4).

This will work, unless we start getting penalty calls.

On defense, contain Wilson in the pocket!

I'm actually thinking the Bengals might need to establish themselves through the air to win this game. I think the Seahawks are going to focus on stuffing Mixon until we prove that we make them pay for it.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 12:23 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Here comes Pistons to shit on another thread. 

Still waiting for you point out the vast amount of talent on that UC roster using that playbook and to explain why UC showed minimal improvement the next year with an all new playbook...

You think if McVay was the OC there that they would have had the 123rd ranked offense?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 12:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Dead Horse  You just won't give up on that narrative will you  Dead Horse

The same thing the people who claim the Bengals will be successful every year do when the Bengals fail to win a playoff game for yet another year.

I'll be 28-1 IF the Bengals are successful this year.

And I hope they do win, but the fact is they hired a HC with a mediocre track record and an inexperienced staff.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 12:24 PM)NKURyan Wrote: The same thing he's doing right now - wait until they finally fall on their face so he can gloat about it endlessly. If it takes one week or 17, he'll be waiting, but he's already got boxes of tissues and KY sitting next to his computer for Sunday night and it's not like they ever expire.

Yeah...and I'm sure we'll hear about all the injuries this year and MB...rinse repeat. Excuses...just like every year.

And next year will be different! Always next year!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:28 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So yeah, I dunno if you're like me or anything but it's pretty exciting that football is back and that the Bengals kickoff on Sunday. And I just had this crazy thought that maybe people would want to talk about the game? I mean maybe I'm wrong and you're more interested in yet another thread about who's calling the shots in the front office, or an in depth discussion on how Josh Malone totally should still be on the roster, or some more analysis of Mike Brown as an owner ("hey guys did you know he might not be very good?")... but I'm thinking somebody might want to , you know, talk some football?

So Bengals vs Seahawks, this Sunday at 4pm. The baby Bengals are lead by their new young coaching staff into one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL to square off against a playoff team from a year ago. What matchups do you look at as favoring the good guys? What matchups do you think will cause us fits? Is there anything in particular you think is the key to the game, and why is that? What are you looking for on offense, and what approach do you think we might see from the defense? Are there any players in particular you look to be an X factor? If you've got thoughts on any of these, I'd love to hear and discuss them!

Note that this is NOT a predictions thread (that's elsewhere), but feel free to throw yours out there in your discussion if you want.

(09-03-2019, 11:32 PM)NKURyan Wrote: My biggest concern is fairly obvious, and that's Russell Wilson... I feel he's the prototypical quarterback at things that have typically given us trouble. I worry that his feet may end up being the difference in the game and fear that he will most likely take advantages of our linebackers throughout the game. I think the Bengals will go heavy on the defensive line at times and will bring some decent pressure, but I can see him escaping that pressure at times for big gains.

More thoughts to come later!

Nice thread Ryan.

On Offense we need to get decent gains on first downs to put us into comfortable 2nd and shorts. This will make the game 
a lot easier and can slowly take the 12th man out of it. Middle TE screens and use Mixon in the passing game along with Gio,
then hit Boyd, Eifert or Willis over the middle. Still don't know if Ross is playing but he would be great for this too on Slants,
Screens, Sluggos etc.

On Defense we need to stop the run game early and put Wilson into 3rd and longs. Then keep him in the pocket. The Water
Birds lost Baldwin in the Offseason and don't have a lot of weapons on Offense. The run game is their biggest strength and 
Wilson escaping the pocket and as you said making plays with his feet.

I think if we can do some of this we can come away with a tough win on the road.
Reply/Quote