Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey new regime....go after C.J Mosely or Dante Fowler.
(02-08-2019, 03:22 PM)Ghost of ikcey Wrote: Just ask my wife best friend to tell her cousin cj Mosley he got a fan base already here for his arrival she laughed but she got great relationship with her cousin CJ .But she knows how i am as a fan and how Cincinnati love there bengals she going to tell him .cross your fingers an hope bengals staff are doing there do diligence. 

AS you Fathers, brothers, nephews , Cousins former Roomate...  Id have to say this wont change anything...
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 01:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Wanna show your fanbase your committed to turning it around.
then make a serious run at CJ Mosely of the Ravens.
unlike the other free agent LBers under the Lewis era ...Mosley is under 30.
hes a 3 down LBer.
oh yeah you weaken the Ravens.
and while your at it.look at Dante Fowler.
Taylor got a real good look at him and he would be a upgrade over MJ at a reasonable price.

Mosely would be a great pickup. If we signed him and drafted someone like a devin white, your LB problem is fixed for years to come.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 04:27 PM)Cartman Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/c/john-harbaugh-%E2%80%98i%E2%80%99m-not-even-going-to-entertain-the-possibility%E2%80%99-cj-mosley-won%E2%80%99t-be-back/vp-BBSJYfN

John Harbaugh: ‘I’m not even going to entertain the possibility’ C.J. Mosley won’t be back. Damn if only he heard about your wife's best friend's cousin! Tongue  

Seriously though I doubt he comes here. Not sure if any star player in his prime has ever signed with a division opponent, in this division anyway.
Well if not we a least need to make some noise in free agency asap so guys take this change seriously 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 06:27 PM)Ghost of ikcey Wrote: Well if not we a least need to make some noise in free agency asap so guys take this change seriously 

Absolutely, without a doubt. Goes without saying.
Reply/Quote
Just remember not to go overboard on the notion that LBs must be light and fast to cover as BB showed the league how to beat them - power football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Balt isnt likely to let cj mosley leave especially cause flacco is gonna go which will give them enough room to make moves. I want nothing to do with fowler. I think hes gonna get way overpaid this fa and get relesed in a year or two. We do need to get an lb and oline and this fa is better than most for both. Id be ecstatic if we could get kj wright and darryl williams but that just wont happen with the bengals.
Reply/Quote
A friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend's friend of a friend's friend knows everyone. Whadderya talkin bout? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The Rats are 24 million under the cap, but if they cut Flacco that would be a 16 million cap hit. So they do not have a lot of room to maneuver.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: The Rats are 24 million under the cap, but if they cut Flacco that would be a 16 million cap hit. So they do not have a lot of room to maneuver.

They save 10 million by dumping flacco.  He counts 26 mil against cap already...if they cut him he will count 16 mil.  They got plenty of room to make moves after they dump him.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hicks would be nice.

Look at LJ Fort from the Steelers. He's been a backup but when he gets on the field he does REALLY good things.

Some combination of Littleton, Hicks, and Fort would be nice. Then put Vigil into the mix because LB's get hurt and you have 4 solid guys. Then Jefferson as the 5th LB.

Brown would be ok to retain, but he looked slow last year. idk what it was. He can't be that bad as he led the league in tackles the year before.

I would be thrilled with a LB corps like this one...a group of guys that have something to prove and it would free up the draft to improve the Offensive line and DT position.  I think FA LBs are probably the most affordable way in impact this roster.  
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 10:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: Just remember not to go overboard on the notion that LBs must be light and fast to cover as BB showed the league how to beat them - power football.

That's what's great about Devin White...he's BIG AND FAST.

That said, I might still go offensive line instead of taking him.
Reply/Quote
Jordan Hicks -

Hicks looked on his way to becoming one of the league’s elite linebackers early in his career before injuries took their toll. He earned 84.6 and 91.1 coverage grades in 2015 and 2016, respectively. Hicks has only managed 1,043 snaps since though with injuries, but the talent is still there.
Reply/Quote
Ja'waun James - RT-

So many teams are simply looking for consistency at tackle and James brings that. His lowest pass-blocking grade over the past four seasons is only 67.3, which is far from liability territory. Injuries are a concern as just one of those four years was a full season, but he has plug-and-play ability at right tackle.
Reply/Quote
Rodger Saffold - RG - Rams -

Saffold was a stalwart on one of the best offensive lines in the league this past season. He earned the third-best run-blocking grade among all guards in 2018 and could fit in any scheme you’ll find in the NFL. He won’t get a mega-deal as he turns 31 this offseason, but he’s nowhere near the end of his usefulness.
Reply/Quote
Henry Anderson - DI - Jets -
Once a promising rookie, Anderson never quite regained form after an ACL tear, and he was dealt for a late rounder to the Jets last offseason. However, he quietly put together his best season as a pro in 2018, and his 48 pressures were the 12th- most of any interior player in the league last season.
Reply/Quote
Cole Beasley - We need a 3rd WR with reliable hands -
One of the most consistently effective slot receivers in the NFL, Beasley had the seventh-most yards from the slot of any wideout in 2018. It’s also worth noting that he has all of 14 dropped passes in his entire career for a drop rate of only 4.0 percent.
Reply/Quote
Ty Nsekhe - Tackle -
We might finally get a chance to see what Nsehke can do as a full-time starter at tackle. Washington utilized him as a swing backup for basically every position but center in his tenure there. He performed admirably jumbling around but looked best at tackle where he had a handful of highly-graded performances.
Reply/Quote
With Littleton being a RF how does it work if we try to sign him.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2019, 11:04 AM)mon4078 Wrote: With Littleton being a RF how does it work if we try to sign him.

It's way harder to do because his team can match. Plus, you have to give up a pick for whatever round they were tendered at.

LJ Fort is someone we absolutely should sign. We could probably get him for a $2-3 million a year.

He graded out at 74.2 which was the #19 ranked LB.
Reply/Quote
Some good names there Pistons, would be happy with either Littleton, Fort or KJ Wright with either JuWaun James, Trent Brown, Saffold or Nsekhe. I just think we should go after a RT in FA and go with a Guard in the draft, think this would be the safer route than the other way around.
Reply/Quote