Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Higgins comments
(04-15-2024, 08:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I want a trade!

No wait, I love Cincinnati...  Mellow

My wife's version of that is "I love you, but if Hugh Jackman walks through that door..."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's one way of looking at it, but I'm guessing they do not all view it as a compliment.

Saquon Barkley remarks: https://nypost.com/2023/01/22/saquon-barkley-would-be-upset-if-giants-gave-him-franchise-tag/

Bell didn't sign the tag: https://www.nfl.com/news/le-veon-bell-does-not-sign-tag-will-miss-2018-season-0ap3000000987961

Ekeler doesn't like it: https://www.nfl.com/news/austin-ekeler-attack-franchise-tag-detrimental-to-us-as-players

An opinion piece on the tag: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/2/15/14584704/nfl-players-hate-franchise-tag-salary-holdout-eric-berry-kirk-cousins

Either way, for the '24 season the opinion that matters is Tee's take on the tag. His comments make me optimistic the Bengals will be okay if he plays under the tag.

And the whole world watched Bell never recover the money he would have made playing on the tag.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 04:38 PM)J24 Wrote: Tee is worth the contract that Donta just signed. No team in the NFL would dispute that.

I can think of at least one team that might…

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 02:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Production is similar, but Smith has played more snaps in 3 years than Tee has in 4. That makes a difference when it comes to the guaranteed money.

Its very telling that Smith has played more snaps in 3 years than Tee has in 4.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 02:13 PM)depthchart Wrote: I see it differently.

Both are the same age, both are the #2 wide receiver on their Teams and their Stats are fairly close versus far apart.

Smith 916,  1,196 & 1,066 yard seasons.    6 foot 170 pounds   4.54 forty

Higgins 908, 1,091, 1,029 & 656 yard seasons (TEE & his QB injured for the 656)   6 foot 4  219 pounds    4.59 forty 

TEE & his Agent will likely hold up the Devanta Smith deal as a good COMP for what TEE should be paid & I think they would have a fair Point.

Higgins may have a more desirable Body Type to many Teams looking for a possible #1 receiver.

$24 million per year may be a floor with TEE & his Agent not liking that floor after seeing what Devonta just got. (making $25 million per their floor)

As I posted in the other thread, DeVonta Smith is just more productive than Tee.  Smith averages 1059 yards per season with 6.3 TDs.  Higgins averages 921 yards per season with 6 TDs.  Smith also doesnt miss games like Tee does.  You cant say they are comparable when one guy plays more and has better stats.  Higgins should not be payed as much as Smith.  Trying to use the excuse that Tee is taller as some kind of justification to pay him as much as Smith is ridiculous.  
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 04:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can think of at least one team that might…
Arizona, New England, Carolina, Buffalo, Jacksonville,  and Kansas City all would do it in a heartbeat.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:25 PM)J24 Wrote: Arizona, New England, Carolina, Buffalo, Jacksonville,  and Kansas City all would do it in a heartbeat.

I was joking that his own team seems to dispute it.

Reply/Quote
Big fan of Tee Higgins, but I'd take the Slim Reaper over him.

The dude has been an Ironman when many were saying he was too small to play in the NFL (you know who you are).

If Tee would sign a 3 for $75Mil; I'd dig it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:21 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: As I posted in the other thread, DeVonta Smith is just more productive than Tee.  Smith averages 1059 yards per season with 6.3 TDs.  Higgins averages 921 yards per season with 6 TDs.  Smith also doesnt miss games like Tee does.  You cant say they are comparable when one guy plays more and has better stats.  Higgins should not be payed as much as Smith.  Trying to use the excuse that Tee is taller as some kind of justification to pay him as much as Smith is ridiculous.  

Devonta smith averages 63.6 yards per a game while Tee averages 63.5 yards per a game.  This is also including Tee numbers from last season.  If you go by Tee's first three seasons his per game average is 65.8 yards per a game.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:21 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: As I posted in the other thread, DeVonta Smith is just more productive than Tee.  Smith averages 1059 yards per season with 6.3 TDs.  Higgins averages 921 yards per season with 6 TDs.  Smith also doesnt miss games like Tee does.  You cant say they are comparable when one guy plays more and has better stats.  Higgins should not be payed as much as Smith.  Trying to use the excuse that Tee is taller as some kind of justification to pay him as much as Smith is ridiculous.  

What is ridiculous is that you expect TEE & his Agent to negotiate down from the numbers that Devonta Smith just got based

on differences of 138 yards per season and .3 td's per season when the outlier 656 yard season pulls down TEE's numbers.

Injuries are part of the game and Devonta can just as easily have injury issues in 2024 as TEE can.

It isn't just TEE's height that Teams may favor for a #1 receiver role but also the weight difference of 219 versus 170 pounds.

Some Teams may prefer TEE's body type, others may not but Devonta has chosen to stay in a #2 role which is interesting.

TEE may not want to be 2nd fiddle and his Agent will negotiate using every lever he can to maximize the Money including possible #1 potential.

I doubt that many NFL GM's see this GREAT difference of Devonta being Head & Shoulders better than TEE the way you do.
Reply/Quote
If Tee is worth 25 million and is a #1 WR, why isnt anyone trading for him? Tee's agent should be able to find at least one team willing to trade a 1st round pick for a top WR.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:37 PM)depthchart Wrote: What is ridiculous is that you expect TEE & his Agent to negotiate down from the numbers that Devonta Smith just got based

on differences of 138 yards per season and .3 td's per season when the outlier 656 yard season pulls down TEE's numbers.

Injuries are part of the game and Devonta can just as easily have injury issues in 2024 as TEE can.

It isn't just TEE's height that Teams may favor for a #1 receiver role but also the weight difference of 219 versus 170 pounds.

Some Teams may prefer TEE's body type, others may not but Devonta has chosen to stay in a #2 role which is interesting.

TEE may not want to be 2nd fiddle and his Agent will negotiate using every lever he can to maximize the Money including possible #1 potential.

I doubt that many NFL GM's see this GREAT difference of Devonta being Head & Shoulders better than TEE the way you do.

I didnt say Smith was head and shoulders above Tee.  I have said Smith is more productive, has better stats, plays more and should be paid more.  Tee isnt as productive.  The stats dont lie.   You cant just ignore injury history and claim Tee should be paid the same when he doesnt play as much or produce as much.    Tee should expect to be paid less than Smith.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:39 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Tee is worth 25 million and is a #1 WR, why isnt anyone trading for him?   Tee's agent should be able to find at least one team willing to trade a 1st round pick for a top WR.

Duke and the Blackburns do not want to trade him!
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Duke and the Blackburns do not want to trade him!

Is the reason they dont want to trade him or is the reason no team feels Tee is worth trading for?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:45 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I didnt say Smith was head and shoulders above Tee.  I have said Smith is more productive, has better stats, plays more and should be paid more.  Tee isnt as productive.  The stats dont lie.   You cant just ignore injury history and claim Tee should be paid the same when he doesnt play as much or produce as much.    Tee should expect to be paid less than Smith.

If the Bengals believed in the Outlier 656 yard Season then they would NOT have tagged TEE !!!  (so let’s throw that season out)

Comparing the remaining 3 seasons for each:

Devonta Smith  1,059 yard average 6.3 TD average

Tee Higgins  1,009 yard average  6.3 TD average

*It could not be a better COMP for TEE & his Agent to use and show the Bengals with regard to Money.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:50 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Is the reason they dont want to trade him or is the reason no team feels Tee is worth trading for?

Or that Mulugheta has talked Tee into making absurd demands no other team is interested in meeting. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:50 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Is the reason they dont want to trade him or is the reason no team feels Tee is worth trading for?

Nah they feel they can win a championship this year with him as a starting WR.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 06:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Or that Mulugheta has talked Tee into making absurd demands no other team is interested in meeting. 

That would be my guess too.  Still, I would think Mulugheta should be able to find at least 1 desperate team to make a trade happen.  Tee is a free agent until he signs the franchise tag so Mulugheta should be talking to every NFL team to try to get a deal done for what Tee wants.  If Tee is as valuable as Tee and Mulugheta think he is, there has to be 1 team in the NFL that would make the trade for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 06:10 PM)depthchart Wrote: If the Bengals believed in the Outlier 656 yard Season then they would NOT have tagged TEE !!!  (so let’s throw that season out)

Exactly. They're tagging him because they can. Not because they think he's worth 656 yards. If that's how they saw his value they would have let him walk in March. Paying him $22 million to do it all over again would have been farcical.     
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 06:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A Jefferson deal? Man, I don't think we could afford that. I could be wrong, but every post I've ever seen that says a player would take less to win a SB has been incorrect. Not sure we can afford that kind of talent. It would be fun to watch tho. I will say that.

I think that usually applies to older veterans but then again we haven’t hardly seen anything like that either
Reply/Quote