Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Higgins comments
Bengals have held all the cards with this and his agent did him no favors by asking for the trade and hasn't done many favors by trying to play hardball again with the team after Bates.  It has been too well known that there are too many good receivers in this year's draft and Tee missed too much playing time last year as well. He'll play on the tag and the Bengals can still tag him again if there's nobody they feel can take his place on the team. I think it's the main reason nobody offered up a suitable trade offer.  Nothing would make me feel better about the whole thing if his agent got nothing remarkable from his shitty tactics. The front office is certainly aware of him with every intent of sticking it to him if at all possible.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mulugheta plays hardball with every team, which is part of why virtually none of his clients resign with their current team.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 12:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: Bengals have held all the cards with this and his agent did him no favors by asking for the trade and hasn't done many favors by trying to play hardball again with the team after Bates.  It has been too well known that there are too many good receivers in this year's draft and Tee missed too much playing time last year as well. He'll play on the tag and the Bengals can still tag him again if there's nobody they feel can take his place on the team. I think it's the main reason nobody offered up a suitable trade offer.  Nothing would make me feel better about the whole thing if his agent got nothing remarkable from his shitty tactics. The front office is certainly aware of him with every intent of sticking it to him if at all possible.  

Are we actually trying to make believe that somehow his agent went rogue and did something that Tee didn't want but is still being employed by Tee? Mulugheta is just doing the job that Tee hired him for and wanted him to do. If Tee doesn't want to be somewhere, Mulugheta has to try to get him out. If Tee wants more guaranteed money before he will sign an extension, Mulugheta has to try to get him more guaranteed money. That's his job, he works for Tee who can tell him to stop or fire him at any given time he decides he doesn't like what is happening.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Big fan of Tee Higgins, but I'd take the Slim Reaper over him.

The dude has been an Ironman when many were saying he was too small to play in the NFL (you know who you are).

If Tee would sign a 3 for $75Mil; I'd dig it.

Because of injury and hometown discount to stay with Burrow is say we had to have offered 3 years 64-70M if we offered ANYTHING. I assume we’re ok with 2 tags so i cant imagine 21M being ok but 25 being out the question.

If Devonta got 25M I’m going lower on Tee off games played alone
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 05:46 PM)Housh Wrote: Because of injury and hometown discount to stay with Burrow is say we had to have offered 3 years 64-70M if we offered ANYTHING. I assume we’re ok with 2 tags so i cant imagine 21M being ok but 25 being out the question.

If Devonta got 25M I’m going lower on Tee off games played alone

The issue were probably having and the issue Tee would have with my offer is I’m only guaranteeing the first years of whatever deal i give him if it’s a 3 year. If he gives me 4 years I’m only guaranteeing two years

I think Tee is gonna have to accept his total money may match those other top number 2 guys but his guaranteed money will not
-Housh
Reply/Quote
This draft is weak, I don't think there is any player comp we would get for him even if that meant trading into the top 10 or getting another 2nd round draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 06:09 PM)DYT-Flyer Wrote: This draft is weak, I don't think there is any player comp we would get for him even if that meant trading into the top 10 or getting another 2nd round draft pick.

It isn't weak at WR, OL or RB.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 07:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It isn't weak at WR, OL or RB.

I don't think RB is very strong. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 07:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It isn't weak at WR, OL or RB.

I don't think tight end is too bad either.

Bowers is the best in a while, and Sanders might end up good, then Johnson, Stover, Sennett(sp?) all look like they're maybe above average.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 12:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: Bengals have held all the cards with this and his agent did him no favors by asking for the trade and hasn't done many favors by trying to play hardball again with the team after Bates.   

His tactics worked for him and Bates so the player and agent got all the favors for playing the game. Bates highest paid safety, Agent significant payday for the contract Bates signed, Bates getting all the notoriety and fame that he didn't get playing for the Bengals (probowl, top 100 player etc).

Higgins leaves Cinci and will be a top 100 player, probowl player, all pro, highest paid receiver, and everything else players struggle to get leaguewide recognition and / or top pay here for. It is definitely worth playing hardball if you are the Agent and player, even though us fans don't like it. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 10:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: His tactics worked for him and Bates so the player and agent got all the favors for playing the game. Bates highest paid safety, Agent significant payday for the contract Bates signed, Bates getting all the notoriety and fame that he didn't get playing for the Bengals (probowl, top 100 player etc).

Higgins leaves Cinci and will be a top 100 player, probowl player, all pro, highest paid receiver, and everything else players struggle to get leaguewide recognition and / or top pay here for. It is definitely worth playing hardball if you are the Agent and player, even though us fans don't like it. 

Not if he goes somewhere with a middling Quarterback
Reply/Quote
Everyone is acting like Tee's agent Mulugheta is the bad guy but in reality it's the FO who is unwilling to budge on deals.

They're unwillingness to give guaranteed money in the 2nd year of the contract hurts them in attracting great players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 11:39 AM)J24 Wrote: Everyone is acting like Tee's agent Mulugheta is the bad guy but in reality it's the FO who is unwilling to budge on deals.

They're unwillingness to give guaranteed money in the 2nd year of the contract hurts them in attracting great players.

AJ Green, Chad Johnson…

They pay elite WR’s. Problem is Tee seems to want to be paid as such without actually being one.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ Green, Chad Johnson…

They pay elite WR’s. Problem is Tee seems to want to be paid as such without actually being one.
He's borderline elite and definitely a top 25 WR in this league at the very least. Also,  if the FO didn’t think he was elite then why are they franchising him? 21 million is a huge cap hit for a non elite player 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think the issue is paying Chase. If there is no Chase non the roster, then would there be a hesitation from the FO extending Tee long term?

I'm pretty sure if Chase wasn't on the roster he'd get his extension. They pay wideouts.

Reply/Quote
This discussion about elite concerns me. We swore Justin Smith wasn't elite and he left and got all the accolades for being elite. Same with Bates. Same with Jonathan J, a well respected (after he left the Bengals) CB in the league. Probowl CB. Same with Zeitler, Steinbach... Whit never got to a probowl but when he left he was suddenly the GOAT LT and a league darling. Even after all of his time with the Bengals better known by league fans as a Ram. The list goes on and on but I don't need to go too far back to see the players we didn't consider elite that once they leave the Bengals became stars.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 12:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: This discussion about elite concerns me. We swore Justin Smith wasn't elite and he left and got all the accolades for being elite. Same with Bates. Same with Jonathan J. a well respected (after he left the Bengals) CB in the league. Probowl CB. Same with Zeitler... Whit never got to a probowl but when he left he was suddenly the GOAT LT and a league darling. Even after all of his time with the Bengals better known by league fans as a Ram. The list goes on and on but I don't need to go too far back to see the players we didn't consider elite that once they leave the Bengals became stars.

Whit made 3 Pro Bowls as a Bengal, and was an All Pro here.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 12:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Whit made 2 Pro Bowls as a Bengal, and was an All Pro here.

Ok, I didn't remember if he had or not. I just knew he did when he left and became universally known and respected as a great with the Rams.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 12:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ok, I didn't remember if he had or not. I just knew he did when he left and became universally known and respected as a great with the Rams.

Whit actually made three Pro Bowls as a Bengal. 2012, 2015, and 2016. He was also a second team All-pro in 2014, if you care about that. Most of his awards and his best years came in Cincinnati. Lol. 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 12:29 PM)J24 Wrote: He's borderline elite and definitely a top 25 WR in this league at the very least. Also,  if the FO didn’t think he was elite then why are they franchising him? 21 million is a huge cap hit for a non elite player

WR is an expensive position. You have to pay guys like Calvin Ridley and Michael Pittman more than that.

Reply/Quote