Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Higgins comments
(04-18-2024, 06:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't have any numbers Truck, you make some very good points here. Maybe I fell for the Joe Thomas hype train myself.

Whit was one heck of a LT for us that is for sure.

That's the issue: he and Ryan Clady were the beneficiaries of draft spot and hype train and people ran with it. People always made excuses for Thomas as well, "he's a bad run blocker, but it doesn't matter because he's a great pass blocker!"

Lovely, double standards!

Thomas was at least a superb pass blocker, Clady was a completely average, mediocre OL in every facet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 06:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Was this from 2008? 'cause he was playing G and he was worse at G.

And it took him until 2009 to get up to good levels, with 2010 being his first elite season.

From then until Thomas' retirement, we had the better LT and the numbers prove it.

Thomas also played on worse lines year in, year out (I don't know what this has to do with the players themselves, but if you're qualifying this as being a thing, then I will use it as well, as it fits in my favour) and was a notoriously awful run blocker (with the numbers to prove it).

He was drafted 3rd overall, came from Wisconsin and had a shit-ton of hype: that's the only reason he got as, "legendary," as he did.

AND, he never had a season as good as Whitworth's'14.

Yes he was.

Numbers back it up.

Please, Nate, refute my claim with some evidence.

That picture he's referring to is from 2016. Whit, Boling, Bodine, Zeitler, and Ogbuehi all shoved back in a collapsed pocket with Dalton getting smashed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 02:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't know about that. We hold it against Tee that he doesn't get the yardage of a #1... Why don't we hold the same against Chase? Is it just because he has the looks of a number 1? If you go by yards he isn't on the same level as some of these other number 1's.... 

Or are we going to give the same excuse we give Tee (that people ignore) to Chase (if Tee wasn't eating up catches Chase would be a consistent 1400+ yard receiver).

Ignoring Chase get excused for the injuries that we hold against Tee.

true and have always said that I could make an argument to keep Tee and trade Chase as well.

Yet we all know Chase is Burrow's boy so he is not going anywhere. Plus what Chase did as a rookie and what Tee did are 2 different things. Chase led the Bengals to a SB right out of the gate being an unstoppable and forced a change in the way defenses played against the Bengals from then forward. 

Chase is the better of the two imho, and is a better blocker to boot.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 06:30 AM)Go Cards Wrote: true and have always said that I could make an argument to keep Tee and trade Chase as well.

Yet we all know Chase is Burrow's boy so he is not going anywhere. Plus what Chase did as a rookie and what Tee did are 2 different things. Chase led the Bengals to a SB right out of the gate being an unstoppable and forced a change in the way defenses played against the Bengals from then forward. 

Chase is the better of the two imho, and is a better blocker to boot.

I am very surprised he and Tee don’t get more love for their blocking. Boyd from what i saw didn’t really care to block much but whenever i sat and really watched Chase and Tee both seemed to be above average run blockers

Should definitely get them more involved
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 02:31 PM)Housh Wrote: I am very surprised he and Tee don’t get more love for their blocking. Boyd from what i saw didn’t really care to block much but whenever i sat and really watched Chase and Tee both seemed to be above average run blockers

Should definitely get them more involved

Yes, Walters our WR coach makes sure his WR's block and both Tee and Ja'Marr are very willing blockers from the WR position.

One thing about Brock Bowers, if somehow he does fall to 18 and we select him he is also a very willing blocker on the edge.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 02:44 AM)jason Wrote: That picture he's referring to is from 2016. Whit, Boling, Bodine, Zeitler, and Ogbuehi all shoved back in a collapsed pocket with Dalton getting smashed.

BTW, I searched for the pic for a good 15 minutes after I repped you and the only thing I could find were 3 different pics. all 3 showing just Zeitler and Ogbuehi on the ground and Andy getting manhandled: Boling, Whitworth and Bodine aren't even in the shot.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 02:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: BTW, I searched for the pic for a good 15 minutes after I repped you and the only thing I could find were 3 different pics. all 3 showing just Zeitler and Ogbuehi on the ground and Andy getting manhandled: Boling, Whitworth and Bodine aren't even in the shot.

I saw it before, here is an alt went view

https://www.northjersey.com/picture-gallery/sports/nfl/giants/2016/11/15/photos-giants-edge-the-bengals-21-20/93855206/
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 02:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: BTW, I searched for the pic for a good 15 minutes after I repped you and the only thing I could find were 3 different pics. all 3 showing just Zeitler and Ogbuehi on the ground and Andy getting manhandled: Boling, Whitworth and Bodine aren't even in the shot.

Here is the highlight video, the image they are talking about is 5:26. The play starts around 5:20. Obviously, after watching, the defense collapsed the pocket, but it was 5-6 seconds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5c2mOz2RuXo
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 11:16 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Here is the highlight video, the image they are talking about is 5:26. The play starts around 5:20. Obviously, after watching, the defense collapsed the pocket, but it was 5-6 seconds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5c2mOz2RuXo

Thanks for that, Bug. As the initial pic shows, Ogbuehi and Zeitler were the Catalysts for that play, not, "the entire line was on the ground," like what others portrayed ITT.

Anyways, no need to keep cluttering up the thread with this.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 06:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't have any numbers Truck, you make some very good points here. Maybe I fell for the Joe Thomas hype train myself.

Whit was one heck of a LT for us that is for sure.

No you didn't. Thomas was inducted as a 1st ballot HOFer.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 12:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No you didn't. Thomas is going in 1st ballot and there is little doubt about it.

He was pretty damn good especially in pass protection.
Reply/Quote
It was losing the middle of the ground KEY players that did us in (def and off), we had all of our superstars... but just lacked that umph, to get us above and beyond.

Hurst, Bell, etc... it hurt and it showed.
Reply/Quote
Tee re-requested to be traded:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tee-higgins-landing-spots-star-receiver-reaffirms-desire-to-be-traded-ahead-of-nfl-draft-per-report/amp/

“ Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins has reaffirmed his desire to be traded ahead of the 2024 NFL Draft, according to ESPN. Higgins had first made it known that he was requesting a trade back in March as his representation continues its push for a long-term contact extension.”

This is a shit-show.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 08:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Tee re-requested to be traded:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tee-higgins-landing-spots-star-receiver-reaffirms-desire-to-be-traded-ahead-of-nfl-draft-per-report/amp/

“ Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins has reaffirmed his desire to be traded ahead of the 2024 NFL Draft, according to ESPN. Higgins had first made it known that he was requesting a trade back in March as his representation continues its push for a long-term contact extension.”

This is a shit-show.

If Tee wants a trade then have his agent find a team that is willing to trade for him.  That is what he is paying Mulugheta for.    Tee at this point is a free agent and absolutely nothing is stopping Mulugheta from working with other teams to make something happen.   If Tee thinks Mulugheta is that great of an agent Mulugheta should surely be able to find at least one team willing to trade for Tee and give him the contract he wants.

If Tee doesnt get traded, he cant afford to have another subpar season.  If he cant find anybody willing to give him the contract this year, he will have a hard time getting it next year with another bad season.  There goes that big guaranteed contract.  Tee needs to get on his agent to make a trade happen so he can get that long term guaranteed money even if it means signing with a team he might not necessarily want to go to.  Its about money with these guys so Tee needs to go to whatever team will take him and pay him the contract.  Just because he may want to go to Buffalo or Jacksonville or wherever doesnt mean those teams want to trade for him and pay him the big contract.  I say go get the money Tee, that's what matters most anyway.
Reply/Quote

This is a shit-show.

has he signed his Tag?  nothing can happen till then....
Reply/Quote

This is a shit-show.

Yeah, I saw this online at the Daily Caller:

"Adam Schefter, an NFL insider for ESPN, issued an update on social media Wednesday, saying that Higgins plans to exit Cincinnati." 

Apparently, the "I plan to play in 2024" was just a smokescreen, to regain some good press. Higgins wants out.
Reply/Quote

This is a shit-show.

It is not.  It is someone without ANY leverage, using the only leverage they have, which is to make a scene within the press and get fans all stirred up, which of course, the FO will completely ignore.

Congratulations, you have fallen into Tee's very empty trap.
Reply/Quote
AJ Brown just got 3 years $96 million...$84 million guaranteed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:54 PM)pally Wrote: AJ Brown just got 3 years $96 million...$84 million guaranteed

The longer Mike and Katie wait the more expensive Chase gets.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:58 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The longer Mike and Katie wait the more expensive Chase gets.

We know that: he's waiting for Jefferson
Reply/Quote