Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Higgins comments
(04-17-2024, 12:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Whit actually made three Pro Bowls as a Bengal. 2012, 2015, and 2016. He was also a second team All-pro in 2014, if you care about that. Most of his awards and his best years came in Cincinnati. Lol. 

1st Team All Pro in 2015, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 12:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WR is an expensive position. You have to pay guys like Calvin Ridley and Michael Pittman more than that.

OK what's your point? So you're saying Tee is worth those contracts or not?

I think 3 years 75 Million(51 million  guaranteed) is a fair deal for Tee! Do you?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 01:07 PM)J24 Wrote: OK what's your point? So you're saying Tee is worth those contracts or not?

I think 3 years 75 Million(51 million  guaranteed) is a fair deal for Tee! Do you?

Absolutely i just dont think WE should be paying it for what we are about to invest in Chase  thats a good Deal for a #1  but not so mucha  #2
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 12:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Whit actually made three Pro Bowls as a Bengal. 2012, 2015, and 2016. He was also a second team All-pro in 2014, if you care about that. Most of his awards and his best years came in Cincinnati. Lol. 

He was the best OT in the entire league in 2014, if not the best OL outright that year.

8 total pressures in over 1,000 snaps on offense (IIRC: always can't remember the snap counts) and it was our best year running the ball out of the previous 10.

And just the 2nd team AP, no PB, no 1st-team, nothing.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ Green, Chad Johnson…

They pay elite WR’s. Problem is Tee seems to want to be paid as such without actually being one.

Yep and we will pay Ja'Marr Chase what he deserves. Tee isn't an elite #1 like Ja'Marr is, just a fact.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 01:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He was the best OT in the entire league in 2014, if not the best OL outright that year.

8 total pressures in over 1,000 snaps on offense (IIRC: always can't remember the snap counts) and it was our best year running the ball out of the previous 10.

Whit sure was a great player for us alright. Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 01:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Absolutely i just dont think WE should be paying it for what we are about to invest in Chase  thats a good Deal for a #1  but not so mucha  #2
That's the problem we have two #1 on the team but we can't pay both!
(04-17-2024, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep and we will pay Ja'Marr Chase what he deserves. Tee isn't an elite #1 like Ja'Marr is, just a fact.
No one in the league is Jamarr Chase either! Jamarr will probably be getting close to 30 million or over yearly. With guarantees in the 80s. 

No one is saying pay Tee like Chase!
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 02:50 PM)J24 Wrote: No one in the league is Jamarr Chase either! Jamarr will probably be getting close to 30 million or over yearly. With guarantees in the 80s. 

No one is saying pay Tee like Chase!

Good.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 02:50 PM)J24 Wrote: No one in the league is Jamarr Chase either! Jamarr will probably be getting close to 30 million or over yearly. With guarantees in the 80s. 

I don't know about that. We hold it against Tee that he doesn't get the yardage of a #1... Why don't we hold the same against Chase? Is it just because he has the looks of a number 1? If you go by yards he isn't on the same level as some of these other number 1's.... 

Or are we going to give the same excuse we give Tee (that people ignore) to Chase (if Tee wasn't eating up catches Chase would be a consistent 1400+ yard receiver).

Ignoring Chase get excused for the injuries that we hold against Tee.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Interesting about Whit. All I remember is folks saying he was done and trying to run him out during these late "probowl" years...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 02:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't know about that. We hold it against Tee that he doesn't get the yardage of a #1... Why don't we hold the same against Chase? Is it just because he has the looks of a number 1? If you go by yards he isn't on the same level as some of these other number 1's.... 

Or are we going to give the same excuse we give Tee (that people ignore) to Chase (if Tee wasn't eating up catches Chase would be a consistent 1400+ yard receiver).

What are talking about?

I'm on pro Tee side of the argument 
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 03:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Interesting about Whit. All I remember is folks saying he was done and trying to run him out during these late "probowl" years...

Not me, if there was one O-lineman that could of lasted into his 40's it was Whit and how he took care of his body.

I said this back then.

But I did have hope for Fisher and Og since they were early picks, it certainly wasn't based on the tape of Ogbuehi though, never 
understood the pick besides maybe upside, kind of similar to Guyton in this Draft even though I think Guyton has a better chance 
at being decent in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 12:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ok, I didn't remember if he had or not. I just knew he did when he left and became universally known and respected as a great with the Rams.

The reason Whit was not "universally known" when he played here is the same reason he will likely not make the HOF. He played in the AFCN at the same time a guy up the road in Cleveland was getting all the press. Joe Thomas. (6-time 1st team All-Pro, 2-time 2nd team All-Pro, 10-time Pro Bowler.)
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 01:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He was the best OT in the entire league in 2014, if not the best OL outright that year.

Two words.... Joe Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 02:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't know about that. We hold it against Tee that he doesn't get the yardage of a #1... Why don't we hold the same against Chase? Is it just because he has the looks of a number 1? If you go by yards he isn't on the same level as some of these other number 1's.... 

Imo, Tee is THE most important WR on this team. He gives them something few in the league can and that's the ability to highpoint a ball amongst the tremendous catches he makes that impact and change games. He's only not a #1 in name only. He's like  the#1 guy in a golf scramble that drives the ball better and farther than the #4 guy but we all know by definition your 4 guy is your anchor. I love Chase and you can move him inside/ouside/near the LOS, etc., too, but the quandrant Tee provides Burrow is incredible.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Two words.... Joe Thomas.

I know, easily the most-undeserved OT in the past 20 years, after Ryan Clady.

Thomas was fantastic, Whitworth was better.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 12:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know, easily the most-undeserved OT in the past 20 years, after Ryan Clady.

Thomas was fantastic, Whitworth was better.

I gotta call homerism on that one. When Whit was on, he was a force, but there were many times he was not and he was a part of some pretty horrible lines. I used to have a picture of a Giants game where all 5 Bengals linemen, including Whit, were knocked on their butts and laying on the ground.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 01:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I gotta call homerism on that one. When Whit was on, he was a force, but there were many times he was not and he was a part of some pretty horrible lines. I used to have a picture of a Giants game where all 5 Bengals linemen, including Whit, were knocked on their butts and laying on the ground.

Yeah, Whit was great but he wasn't better than Joe Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 01:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I gotta call homerism on that one. When Whit was on, he was a force, but there were many times he was not and he was a part of some pretty horrible lines. I used to have a picture of a Giants game where all 5 Bengals linemen, including Whit, were knocked on their butts and laying on the ground.

Was this from 2008? 'cause he was playing G and he was worse at G.

And it took him until 2009 to get up to good levels, with 2010 being his first elite season.

From then until Thomas' retirement, we had the better LT and the numbers prove it.

Thomas also played on worse lines year in, year out (I don't know what this has to do with the players themselves, but if you're qualifying this as being a thing, then I will use it as well, as it fits in my favour) and was a notoriously awful run blocker (with the numbers to prove it).

He was drafted 3rd overall, came from Wisconsin and had a shit-ton of hype: that's the only reason he got as, "legendary," as he did.

AND, he never had a season as good as Whitworth's '14.
(04-18-2024, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Whit was great but he wasn't better than Joe Thomas.

Yes he was.

Numbers back it up.

Please, Nate, refute my claim with some evidence.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 06:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Was this from 2008? 'cause he was playing G and he was worse at G.

And it took him until 2009 to get up to good levels, with 2010 being his first elite season.

From then until Thomas' retirement, we had the better LT and the numbers prove it.

Thomas also played on worse lines year in, year out (I don't know what this has to do with the players themselves, but if you're qualifying this as being a thing, then I will use it as well, as it fits in my favour) and was a notoriously awful run blocker (with the numbers to prove it).

He was drafted 3rd overall, came from Wisconsin and had a shit-ton of hype: that's the only reason he got as, "legendary," as he did.

AND, he never had a season as good as Whitworth's '14.

Yes he was.

Numbers back it up.

Please, Nate, refute my claim with some evidence.

I don't have any numbers Truck, you make some very good points here. Maybe I fell for the Joe Thomas hype train myself.

Whit was one heck of a LT for us that is for sure.
Reply/Quote