Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Higgins fractured rib
(10-02-2023, 03:48 PM)pally Wrote: He can claim that he retired due to injuries

I can't beleive you all are even having this discussion about Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 02:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

To be fair the FO has taken great strides in getting out of football 1963 operation mode. Having said that, I believe there's still enough of the "old school" ways that I'd be very surprised to see any trading of Tee this season.

This sucks

Part of the problem trying to trade Tee next year is he is a free agent and can go to whatever team he wants.  The only way the Bengals could get anything out of him is if they tag him.  That presents other issues.  One, how much are you going to get for trading a player on a one year franchise tag?  Two, even if the Bengals tender a franchise offer Tee still needs to sign the contract before the Bengals could trade him.  He could refuse the franchise offer or he could wait until next season starts before he signs.  Last year Bates waited to sign until a week before the first game.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I can't beleive you all are even having this discussion about Joe Burrow.

It’s absolute madness. A couple of these guys need to go outside and touch some grass.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s absolute madness. A couple of these guys need to go outside and touch some grass.

Bro hurts his calf and posters are ready to go Old Yeller him.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:10 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: How are they going to trade Higgins after the season?  He is a free agent.  The only way that could happen is they tag him then try to trade him.  At that point what are you going to get in a trade for a player playing on a one year franchise tag?  If Tee had been traded before this season that team would have got this year under contract plus the potential tag next year making the trade more valuable.  I think the Bengals screwed themselves on this one.

Players have been tagged and traded many times.  Packers received a 1st and 2nd for Adams who was tagged.

Other big names tagged & traded:
Yannick for a 2nd and 5th.
Clowney, 2 players and a 3rd.
Frank Clark & 3rd traded for a 1st and 3rd.
Dee Ford, a 2nd.
Landry, a 4th & 7th.

Reply/Quote
Higgins said he might try and play through his rib injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I can't beleive you all are even having this discussion about Joe Burrow.

It's a hypothetical. If Burrow retired and said it was due to injuries you wouldn't think the Bengals got fleeced? Lol. It may not cross Burrow's mind but I bet it would for others if they had 210 million sitting there anyway. There is life after football and take into account the expected lifespan of NFL players is not as high as non NFL players. Most players retire before 30. Most are in the league only 3 years. Imagine not being able to walk in your 40s, would it be worth it lol.

Guaranteed contracts a great thing for the player, think Burrow should have had a little more incentive based contract if allowed, like win the SB and get 20 million bonus, but the NFL doesn't work like that especially for QBs. It'd probably make him try and play through injury like he is doing now.

An injured Burrow seems worthless to this team and nobody on the team is able to convince him otherwise. What other teams trotted an injured QB out there for the first game of the season? That quote that this team wins because of Joe Burrow and can't win in spite of Burrow is spot on. He hasn't been able to hide his injury, he looks like he's 50% out there because Zac is limiting him it seems. Maybe they should give him 100% of the playbook so he only has his injury as an excuse left. To me it looks like Zac will play him until he can't walk anymore and has to sit.

I count all these games as Burrow being injured, he's playing but he shouldn't be (based on his performance). I bet this forum is split 50/50 still on if Burrow should be playing even though he looks horrendous...
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 07:40 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's a hypothetical. If Burrow retired and said it was due to injuries you wouldn't think the Bengals got fleeced? Lol. It may not cross Burrow's mind but I bet it would for others if they had 210 million sitting there anyway. There is life after football and take into account the expected lifespan of NFL players is not as high as non NFL players. Most players retire before 30. Most are in the league only 3 years. Imagine not being able to walk in your 40s, would it be worth it lol.

Guaranteed contracts a great thing for the player, think Burrow should have had a little more incentive based contract if allowed, like win the SB and get 20 million bonus, but the NFL doesn't work like that especially for QBs. It'd probably make him try and play through injury like he is doing now.

An injured Burrow seems worthless to this team and nobody on the team is able to convince him otherwise. What other teams trotted an injured QB out there for the first game of the season? That quote that this team wins because of Joe Burrow and can't win in spite of Burrow is spot on. He hasn't been able to hide his injury, he looks like he's 50% out there because Zac is limiting him it seems. Maybe they should give him 100% of the playbook so he only has his injury as an excuse left. To me it looks like Zac will play him until he can't walk anymore and has to sit.

I count all these games as Burrow being injured, he's playing but he shouldn't be (based on his performance). I bet this forum is split 50/50 still on if Burrow should be playing even though he looks horrendous...

Lol, you're forgetting that he doesn't just get to keep the money if he retires injured. NFL teams have things in contracts that trigger returns of money, injury settlements, etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: See what the Bears want for Chase Claypool

To the Fins 4 nutin. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:24 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bro hurts his calf and posters are ready to go Old Yeller him.

Sure is crazy alright. Hope Tee is okay BTW, heard he might play, better have those ribs wrapped well and it will hinder his play
even if he does play. I know fractured ribs very well, too well. I want to see Iosivas come in and get some reps with Burrow and 
for Joe to finally start looking like his old self. This sure would make me happy. Been a rough start to the season, worse than last
year as this is a weird injury for Joe, he will get back to his old self, just a matter of time.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 05:33 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Players have been tagged and traded many times.  Packers received a 1st and 2nd for Adams who was tagged.

Other big names tagged & traded:
Yannick for a 2nd and 5th.
Clowney, 2 players and a 3rd.
Frank Clark & 3rd traded for a 1st and 3rd.
Dee Ford, a 2nd.
Landry, a 4th & 7th.

Yep.  It's all market dependent.  If someone who needs a number 1 wr views him as a solution, then you're in business.  It's definitely not impossible or even improbable.  

It's going to be interesting to see it all play out.  He's almost certainly getting tagged next year.  He's not going to like it, but that's how it goes.  
Reply/Quote
Higgins is in self preservation mode
Reply/Quote