Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins has sprained ankle; listed as day to day; Jonah has sprained MCL
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I love Tee, but not having a better option for WR4 was a mistake. He’s missed time every single season of his career so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love Tee, but not having a better option for WR4 was a mistake. He’s missed time every single season of his career so far.

Got to do better than Morgan and Thomas and all because they play ST's.
l
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love Tee, but not having a better option for WR4 was a mistake. He’s missed time every single season of his career so far.

Yuuuuup. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
On paper we have one of the most complete rosters in the league. Most teams WR 4 is a special teams player and they don’t even have a top 3 better than ours. Chase, Boyd , Mixon and Hurst is plenty of fire power. Plenty of teams don’t even have that or close to that and can score points. If Higgins is out a while I’d take a look at Will Fuller only 28 and has speed.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:57 PM)lone bengal Wrote: On paper we have one of the most complete rosters in the league. Most teams WR 4 is a special teams player and they don’t even have a top 3 better than ours. Chase, Boyd , Mixon and Hurst is plenty of fire power. Plenty of teams don’t even have that or close to that and can score points.

This has been disproven. I believe TLL posted some stats from #4’s around the league last season that played a significant role in their offenses.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This has been disproven. I believe TLL posted some stats from #4’s around the league last season that played a significant role in their offenses.

You are correct. Years ago that may have been the case but in the new age offense there are plenty of 4-5 WR sets with QB's getting rid of the ball quickly. Thomas has never proven he's even reliable catching the ball.

I know roster makeups are dicey but I'd rather have the WR with good skills at that position who has probably played plenty of ST's than the other way around.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This has been disproven. I believe TLL posted some stats from #4’s around the league last season that played a significant role in their offenses.

Probably because there #3 and #4 are the same talent wise and they all play equal reps versus Boyd who isn’t getting out repped by a number 4 WR. 1-53 this roster is very good can’t blame the GM for not having talent 4 deep everywhere.
Reply/Quote

I know nothing about building an NFL roster, but I wrongly assumed drafting Dax at 31 was about getting a talent who could help win now since we were coming off a Super Bowl season. A lot of WRs went in round 2, I wonder if any could have slid into the WR4 slot and contributed? Maybe Pierce?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:10 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Probably because there #3 and #4 are the same talent wise and they all play equal reps versus Boyd who isn’t getting out repped by a number 4 WR. 1-53 this roster is very good can’t blame the GM for not having talent 4 deep everywhere.

Not everywhere, but a position as important as WR it would have been nice. And there’s some pretty good options still on the street.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This has been disproven. I believe TLL posted some stats from #4’s around the league last season that played a significant role in their offenses.

Bucs had Julio Jones as WR4 to start this year.
He don't play ST.

It's possible to not have your WR4 play STs.
Just find other players to do it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not everywhere, but a position as important as WR it would have been nice. And there’s some pretty good options still on the street.

It's not even 4 deep, it's basically first WR off the bench given the Bengals almost always play 3 WRs in the offense.

If a single one of Boyd, Chase, or Higgins is out, it's a big impact.

On top of that, you don't have any depth at TE, so it's not like they can run 2-TE sets with two quality pass catchers there either.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:06 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You are correct. Years ago that may have been the case but in the new age offense there are plenty of 4-5 WR sets with QB's getting rid of the ball quickly. Thomas has never proven he's even reliable catching the ball.

I know roster makeups are dicey but I'd rather have the WR with good skills at that position who has probably played plenty of ST's than the other way around.

Name teams with better receivers than us ? If a teams 4th guy is better than Thomas I guarantee 1-3 isn’t as good as ours.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:18 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Name teams with better receivers than us ? If a teams 4th guy is better than Thomas I guarantee 1-3 isn’t as good as ours.

I wasn't really talking better or, rather, I should be more clear, and I don't have that off- hand, but if you go thru the team stats I'd bet you the drop off between 1-3 to 4/5 with Cinci. is pretty significant compared to most other teams in the NFL.

And, to be fair, alot of that is based on the offensive schemes and concepts that teams run which Cinci. is usually in more multiple 3 wide sets and/or multiple TE sets, I believe.I don't see many 3-4 WR sets with Cinci. unless they run a RB out wide.

There are plenty of teams with excellent 1-3 receivers (and as good or close to Cinci).The problem in Cinci. is when a top WR goes down you don't have another WR that has built that trust with the starting QB as they've not gotten the reps.
Reply/Quote

Yep, exactly why I wanted us to keep Pryor or add a WR that a Defense would have to kind of respect.
Reply/Quote

Actually i did data search and a post and showed majority of teams did not get much out of their #4s... not saying we might want to look for a bit more offense out of a #4 but Bengals are not unique to the usage as far as targets and catches...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:57 PM)lone bengal Wrote: On paper we have one of the most complete rosters in the league. Most teams WR 4 is a special teams player and they don’t even have a top 3 better than ours. Chase, Boyd , Mixon and Hurst is plenty of fire power. Plenty of teams don’t even have that or close to that and can score points. If Higgins is out a while I’d take a look at Will Fuller only 28 and has speed.

Agree! We should have been just fine last night. Not knocking Tee but damn, teams do much more with much less.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, exactly why I wanted us to keep Pryor or add a WR that a Defense would have to kind of respect.

Whatever happen to Auden Tate?
Reply/Quote
Get what people are saying just find it funny that out of all the problems with this team , people are mad about them not having a good WR 4 and that Dax Hill isn’t playing. On a night where Mike Thomas has a nice 33 yard grab and where the defense holds Lamar to one TD. Even if we did a good number 4 would it matter with this play calling ? We struggle when we have 3 stud WR’s on the field.
Reply/Quote
When Higgins is out, I’d love to see Boyd bumped outside and Chris Evans in the slot.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote