Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins has sprained ankle; listed as day to day; Jonah has sprained MCL
None of the plays to Chase worked well but i think one without Tee. And the screen I’m talking about may have been early enough when Tee was playing.

After Tee got hurt the Ravens played quarters and cover 2 and cover 2 man the whole game and dedicated like 3 eyes to Chase.

For Boyd to only get 4 targets is insane.

I think Burrow is being exposed. Not many other QBs are this stumped by cover 2.

I’m beginning to wonder why no one figured this out earlier
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:13 AM)Housh Wrote: None of the plays to Chase worked well but i think one without Tee.  And the screen I’m talking about may have been early enough when Tee was playing.

After Tee got hurt the Ravens played quarters and cover 2 and cover 2 man the whole game and dedicated like 3 eyes to Chase.

For Boyd to only get 4 targets is insane.

I think Burrow is being exposed. Not many other QBs are this stumped by cover 2.

I’m beginning to wonder why no one figured this out earlier

I don't think it's exposed so much of a combination of factors affecting him. I think the appendectomy, the lack of preseason playing time, the pick 6 to start the season, and the massive amount of turnovers in that first game are all stuff Joey B has to work through. 

My understanding is that the run game is the best "defense" against cover 2 but with the run game not working and Burrow dealing with all of that aforementioned stuff, I think it shows in his play. But, when we absolutely need points on the board at the end of games, Burrow still continues to deliver. So I believe it's all still there for him. He just needs to overcome/work through all these issues and we'll get to see Burrow back to being the great QB we all know he is.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd just rather have Michael Thomas as our #3 WR than Hakeem Adeniji as our starting LT. 

That’s fair. I didn’t even want to see Adeniji on the team coming into this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:18 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Name teams with better receivers than us ? If a teams 4th guy is better than Thomas I guarantee 1-3 isn’t as good as ours.

Tampa Bay, for one.

Mike Evans
Chris Godwin
Russell Gage
Julio Jones
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s fair. I didn’t even want to see Adeniji on the team coming into this season.

It honestly baffles me that Adeniji is active over Jackson Carman.
Carman must really be doing terrible and/or having a terrible attitude/ethic if he's getting benched over the sieve that is Adeniji.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:13 AM)Housh Wrote: I think Burrow is being exposed. Not many other QBs are this stumped by cover 2.

There is literally a thread on the 1st page right now pointing out how Mahomes struggled with it early on last season.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 11:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There is literally a thread on the 1st page right now pointing out how Mahomes struggled with it early on last season.

Yeah, but Mahomes doesn't play for the Bengals so how can he shit on him?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams said today that he dislocated his knee cap. He still hopes to play on Sunday

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? In a thread about Jonah and Tee being hurt the thread turns to #4 WR. How about #2 LT.

Get someone like Eric Fisher in here ASAP. Hayden showed he can step up if we need a 3rd receiving threat and Thomas had our biggest passing play last night.

Valid point. For this probably even more as Adeniji has been pretty terrible. I do like D'Ante Smith but had trouble
with penalties big time in the Preseason. Eric Fisher or another LT sure would be nice insurance right now.

Can Scharping play LT?

(10-10-2022, 06:32 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: How is Pryor doing btw? I wanted them to keep him. I knew one WR woudl be out and we'd be struggling.

I heard he hasn't got a chance yet with the Jags. He might of been much more value here with Tee always 
getting banged up honestly. Which makes it even more of a headscratcher why he was put on the PS instead
of kept at that last WR spot to prevent him from being plucked.

(10-11-2022, 10:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd just rather have Michael Thomas as our #3 WR than Hakeem Adeniji as our starting LT. 

Same. Like I said, valid point.
Reply/Quote