Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Higgins is Signed (To The Tag)
(06-15-2024, 05:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The trade Tee crowd will hopefully stop posting now. It is not happening this year.

FWIW, the tag at $25 next year could be a pretty decent deal. The cap will go up again, and a Burrow restructure can save SERIOUS cake (around $20 mil).

Still, he signed the tag sooner than I thought he would. Good news.

Well, to be fair; he had to sign the tag to be traded.

Maybe why he signed so soon. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good news it’s done early. For everyone’s sake let’s hope he has a career year.
Reply/Quote
....and just like that the Bengals "distractions" are suddenly gone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 01:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals have been more optimistic about re-signing Tee than this board. Doesn’t mean it is better than 1-4 but it’s not 0-4

I think a better word is diplomatic 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 02:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I tell him off rip. We want to keep you. We will tag you next year as well. But we will offer you a long term contract that guarantees more than the two years of franchise tags, let's work out a deal.

Physically dominant 6'4" WRs who can win contested catches don't grow on trees.

Past 5 years, WRs have been becoming more replaceable than ever in the NFL since I can remember which is awhile..lol
Reply/Quote
Glad he’s signed so early won’t have to put up with the BS of Bates posting pics of preseason games in a box or at a reds game.

Probably helped like somebody mentioned that Jones,Yoshi and Burton all looked very good at mini camp.

Let’s make no mistake Higgins is WR2 but if those guys step up we are going to be on fire this season.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good on Tee

This. I think he's handled this much better than Bates. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 07:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think a better word is diplomatic 

They’re still hopeful. And not pessimistic
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 10:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They’re still hopeful. And not pessimistic

Of course, teams especially the Bengals are more reserved in their thinking, but the idea of tagging should put the rest options what is best for the team over the next few years with Higgins really does not change, signing him does not change the idea of trading him, it probably increases the chance of trading him. Most likely the Bengals will roll the dice for a year with Higgins but especially since he prefers to be traded and less likely for a long term deal the organization should field offers leading up to the start of season.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 01:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s arguably the best #2 WR in the league. He’s probably around #15 in the WR rankings. We maybe can’t afford him. The only way teams can make it work is when players are endearing.

I mean, you can argue Bateman is the best WR2 in the league m. You'd be wrong, same as arguing Tee is, but you can argue itm
Reply/Quote
Wow. Chase coming in at #13 on PFF’s list of top 20 Receivers in 2023.
Tee didn’t make the list.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest-graded-wide-receivers-2023-nfl-season

Tee is #32 for 2024 projections
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-wide-receiver-rankings-top-32-ahead-of-the-2024-nfl-season
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 02:52 PM)Whacked Wrote: Wow. Chase coming in at #13 on PFF’s list of top 20 Receivers in 2023.
Tee didn’t make the list.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest-graded-wide-receivers-2023-nfl-season

Tee is #32 for 2024 projections
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-wide-receiver-rankings-top-32-ahead-of-the-2024-nfl-season

PFF is all analytics and numbers. Very good analytics but Chase as they mentioned was impacted statistically by Burrow’s absence
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Glad he signed early. He can get a full training camp in. I was expecting him to sit out until just a few weeks until the start of camp, as that was all the leverage he had. It would be great if he could get a Michael Pittman type extension.
Reply/Quote
I think I'd trade him. This is likely the most money he'll ever make in any given year from now on.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 03:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: PFF is all analytics and numbers. Very good analytics but Chase as they mentioned was impacted statistically by Burrow’s absence

so that means we should also factor PFF ranking for our Oline when Burrow is out ? PFF is subjective no different than other rankings , to me the best measure is how WRs do not with very good to great WR is one that does it with a decent QB... think about Green, what would he have done with Burrow over Dalton or with a WR2 like Higgins for the start of his career.
Reply/Quote
I'm late to the Tee news but this is great to hear he'll be contributing to the team's hopeful success during the '24 season.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 06:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so that means we should also factor PFF ranking for our Oline when Burrow is out ? PFF is subjective no different than other rankings , to me the best measure is how WRs do not with very good to great WR is one that does it with a decent QB... think about Green, what would he have done with Burrow over Dalton or with a WR2 like Higgins for the start of his career.

That’s a valid argument and Green a good example. I like PFF don’t get me wrong. JMHO from watching Higgins with Browning vs the Vikings. Not Burrow. I think he’s a top 15-20 WR.

https://youtu.be/HXCWQ6YSK3E?feature=shared

Reply/Quote
My first thought on news Higgins finally signed high priced franchise tag, was what about Chase. Pulling up Chase news, it says Bengals needed to settle Higgins situation, and now will resign Chase long term. They don't want him to go free agent in March, so news says it is not a matter of If, but When Chase is signed long term this Summer.

However once Bengals resign Chase, that is a ton of cap money on Burrow, Chase and Higgins. Not sure what moves front office may have to make to get under the cap.

GO BENGALS 2024 and Back To The Super Bowl. I'll be glad when this contract stuff over and they can focus on playing a very tough AFC North.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This would be a perfect time to trade Tee if anyone wanted him

Like PERFECT.

I honestly feel like no one will though. Most teams are just fine fighting for him in FA

Tee would have to start on fire this year for a team to try and trade for him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 09:09 AM)Housh Wrote: This would be a perfect time to trade Tee if anyone wanted him

Like PERFECT.

I honestly feel like no one will though. Most teams are just fine fighting for him in FA

Tee would have to start on fire this year for a team to try and trade for him

If some of those teams have injuries at WR and are still hoping for a playoff run this year (preferably NFC teams) then that might become more likely.

Reply/Quote