Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Higgins is Signed (To The Tag)
(06-16-2024, 03:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: PFF is all analytics and numbers. Very good analytics but Chase as they mentioned was impacted statistically by Burrow’s absence

Even early in the season, when Joe was hampered by the calf injury.  All of those short throws where Chase had to fight tooth and nail for every yard gained.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 01:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: I mean, you can argue Bateman is the best WR2 in the league m. You'd be wrong, same as arguing Tee is, but you can argue itm

Most impressive on that top list is Moore and Hopkins playing with average to below average QBs... Also Rice for KC really came on 2nd half of season and playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 09:09 AM)Housh Wrote: This would be a perfect time to trade Tee if anyone wanted him

Like PERFECT.

I honestly feel like no one will though. Most teams are just fine fighting for him in FA

Tee would have to start on fire this year for a team to try and trade for him

I dont see how this is the perfect time?  What would we get if we traded Tee now?   If Tee is on fire to start the season, there is zero chance we would trade him, as if there is any right now.  

Reply/Quote
Glad to see it get done. Not sure he really had much choice.
Reply/Quote
I don't see a trade happening unless the season goes off the rails. Everyone in the building seems locked in for the run to New Orleans.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 10:36 AM)Synric Wrote: I don't see a trade happening unless the season goes off the rails. Everyone in the building seems locked in for the run to New Orleans.

If Tee wanted a trade, he wouldn't have signed his FT over a month before TC.  

All in, it's a great thing that he will get a full TC in and be around to help tutor the young guys.  Good for the team, and also good for him because he needs a bounce back year to get a huge guaranteed payday.  It could also be a good faith gesture, both in negotiations and in reaffirming his focus and dedication for this year.

I'm just glad this isn't going to be another Bates situation.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 10:30 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Glad to see it get done. Not sure he really had much choice.

He didn't, but he could have made the situation much more difficult.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 10:12 PM)kevin Wrote: My first thought on news Higgins finally signed high priced franchise tag, was what about Chase.  Pulling up Chase news, it says Bengals needed to settle Higgins situation, and now will resign Chase long term.  They don't want him to go free agent in March, so news says it is not a matter of If, but When Chase is signed long term this Summer.

However once Bengals resign Chase, that is a ton of cap money on Burrow, Chase and Higgins.  Not sure what moves front office may have to make to get under the cap.

GO BENGALS 2024 and Back To The Super Bowl.  I'll be glad when this contract stuff over and they can focus on playing a very tough AFC North.

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

Free agency is not an issue for Chase. He is under contract through 2025 as 5th year option was already exercised. However the Bengals should want to extend him this year rather than next as the price will only get higher. Now that Higgins situation is solidified, they should be able to get it done before the start of the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 10:56 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Free agency is not an issue for Chase. He is under contract through 2025 as 5th year option was already exercised. However the Bengals should want to extend him this year rather than next as the price will only get higher. Now that Higgins situation is solidified, they should be able to get it done before the start of the regular season.

So why not extend 5th year and then tag Higgins again, they would save some $$ and have them for 2 yrs.
Reply/Quote
The time to trade Tee has come and gone.

He either plays well and gets tagged again or extended or if he doesn’t have such good season he walks after this year.

Suppose there is an argument to say if he has a good year the tag and trade could be an option next off season but I doubt it he’s more valuable to the Bengals playing if he does well.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 11:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So why not extend 5th year and then tag Higgins again, they would save some $$ and have them for 2 yrs.

They might…
Reply/Quote
It would be super cool if Bengals could sign Tee to another contract and still keep Chase.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 04:21 PM)jason Wrote: He didn't, but he could have made the situation much more difficult.

That is true, I'm glad that he didn't hold out to the last minute. Besides, after the season he had last year, I think that he needs to be a big part of the offense this year to justify the type of long term money that he and his agent are looking for.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Glad he decided to sign. This makes us a better team.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 04:21 PM)jason Wrote: He didn't, but he could have made the situation much more difficult.

Glad he didn't.
Reply/Quote
Glad he is signed.

Hope the Bengals push some chips in the middle and go after a top end RB after some cuts are made, and potentially another o-lineman.

Need to make the most of the time having this wealth of WR's for Burrow to utilize.
Reply/Quote
This also clearly illustrates that agents work for the player and not the other way around. There's been a lot of talk that Tee's agent is a bad guy and difficult. Tee signing earlier and ensuring he'll be at camp shows that Jesse Bates was steering the ship in his difficult negotiations with the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 02:52 PM)Whacked Wrote: Wow. Chase coming in at #13 on PFF’s list of top 20 Receivers in 2023.
Tee didn’t make the list.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest-graded-wide-receivers-2023-nfl-season

Tee is #32 for 2024 projections
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-wide-receiver-rankings-top-32-ahead-of-the-2024-nfl-season

That's what happens when you don't put up 1500 yd seasons. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2024, 10:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's what happens when you don't put up 1500 yd seasons. 

They have Brandon Aiyuk at #2. He’s never even had a 1400 yard season.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2024, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They have Brandon Aiyuk at #2. He’s never even had a 1400 yard season.

Oh, i didn't even look. Disregard the list. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote