Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Higgins signs new deal?
Amen
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 06:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: You can't just ignore the loss of the Oline and say it was because we lost Boyd. Who knows what happens if we have our full line playing that game. 

Didn't we have the same line the week before at Buffalo?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:08 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't we have the same line the week before at Buffalo?

Buffalo's D-line without von miller = Chiefs d-line(most sacks in afc)

hmm yea checks out. Unless you think matchups dont matter and all teams have the same strengths and weaknesses 
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:08 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't we have the same line the week before at Buffalo?

Truck just gave this post a thumbs up. How embarrassing

Not every team has the same personnel. Dominating a soft bills d-line does not mean you will hold up against the best d-line in the afc. I shouldn’t even have to explain this lmfao

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Didn’t we play the week before in Buffalo in completely different conditions against different players? No one on their line is close to Chris Jones. 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:52 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Truck just gave this post a thumbs up. How embarrassing

Not every team has the same personnel. Dominating a soft bills d-line does not mean you will hold up against the best d-line in the afc. I shouldn’t even have to explain this lmfao

Are you Fred toast alter ego?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Buffalo's D-line without von miller = Chiefs d-line(most sacks in afc)

hmm yea checks out. Unless you think matchups dont matter and all teams have the same strengths and weaknesses 

Don't forget a snowy field with no traction.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 07:15 AM)Tony Wrote: Are you Fred toast alter ego?

Frank's not even in the same ball park. 

Buffalo's DL was beaten and battered before they even took the field. Jordan Phillips couldn't even lift one of his arms but still played. 

Had Von Miller played, our Back ups would have looked like Chumps.

KC's DL had a week off to recover and came in fairly health and had their ALL PRO player out there. 
Reply/Quote

People underestimate how much the snow impacted that game. It almost completely neuteralized the DLs impact. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
So I've been thinking about this. People were asking why they would do Tee's deal before Joe's. I mentioned awhile back when Ja'Marr said Joe knows how he wants to do his deal to keep his weapons. This, I think is it. Joe gives a hometime discount to keep Tee, but signs his only after they do a deal with Tee, so they can't crawfish and not sign Higgins after Joe signs his deal... Burrow' brilliance on display.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So I've been thinking about this. People were asking why they would do Tee's deal before Joe's. I mentioned awhile back when Ja'Marr said Joe knows how he wants to do his deal to keep his weapons. This, I think is it. Joe gives a hometime discount to keep Tee, but signs his only after they do a deal with Tee, so they can't crawfish and not sign Higgins after Joe signs his deal... Burrow' brilliance on display.

Interesting theory. Shows a lot of trust issues between Burrow & the FO, though. 

Maybe they have a good idea on the parameters on the Burrow deal and the Higgins deal is easier/less complex to do once they know Burrow's ballpark.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So I've been thinking about this. People were asking why they would do Tee's deal before Joe's. I mentioned awhile back when Ja'Marr said Joe knows how he wants to do his deal to keep his weapons. This, I think is it. Joe gives a hometime discount to keep Tee, but signs his only after they do a deal with Tee, so they can't crawfish and not sign Higgins after Joe signs his deal... Burrow' brilliance on display.

Burrow has the rookie option so hes not a FA after this season. Higgins is. That puts a priority on Higgins. I don't think its any deeper than that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Did the Bills have Chris Jones and Frank Clark, on a field that wasn't covered in snow? 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Possible...
Reply/Quote
Just an update on Zim's part - he doesn't have a timeline on an official announcement and has "never set one". The deal that he is referencing is not finalized and it isn't signed. Tee is on vacation. So, my speculation is that if there is an agreement, it was a verbal agreement by Tee and he would address it further once he get back from vacation.

He has even walked it back a little and said "I believe it is done." Here is the full quote, from Twitter...

Quote:No pen to paper. Never said that. And again don’t wanna step on anyone’s toes because I’m not an agent. I believe to be done. He’s not even in town yet. I did not create a timeline. Everybody in comments did. On any of the free agents this off season I did the same thing. Nobody created a timeline. The only one where I said it was tommorow was Foster Moreau when he came in. All others when it was done I said it was done. Spaces. Twitter. Or my show. And didn’t create click bait attached to it. I am not a reporter & I don’t want players to feel like I am ever. Name me one person who has interviewed more players than me & my partner Ace? Do you know my background or who I am?
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 01:43 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Just an update on Zim's part - he doesn't have a timeline on an official announcement and has "never set one". The deal that he is referencing is not finalized and it isn't signed. Tee is on vacation. So, my speculation is that if there is an agreement, it was a verbal agreement by Tee and he would address it further once he get back from vacation.

He has even walked it back a little and said "I believe it is done." Here is the full quote, from Twitter...

Wonder if Tee is celebrating with Tequila again...

But seriously, sounds like there is something to this, this Zim guy isn't a dude that floats around BS often.
Reply/Quote

Pretty much, I think we are thinking the same, just wording it a bit differently. 

Burrow is most likely waiting to see how much money is needed to keep Tee and then work with what's left to get his deal done for himself. 

But i think the biggest key is signing after a certain date so that the Bengals have an extra year to allocate the money for the guaranteed money on Joe's contract (I could be wrong about the date thing, but i remember reading it somewhere).

Reply/Quote
We were all over Josh Allen in the Bills Playoff game BTW. So the weather didn't neutralize our DL...
Reply/Quote
8 pages for a rumor that, 2 days later, has not yet materialized. I'm not sure how much longer we're supposed to stay on alert for this.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 02:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 8 pages for a rumor that, 2 days later, has not yet materialized. I'm not sure how much longer we're supposed to stay on alert for this.

Seems the recent threads based on nothing but Twitter "alerts", one of which was a single icon, would give some pause.  At least this thread was qualified with a question mark.

While Twitter Zim is at it, he might as well post that Burrow has agreed to an extension as well.
Reply/Quote