Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins toe tap from other angle
Reply/Quote
The crew stationed in New York was not on our side today.... lots of calls that IMO should of went our way.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
His heel pretty clearly was out on the 2nd angle.
Reply/Quote
you have a conglomerate of posters here who will tell you the refs got this absolutely right
Reply/Quote
I don’t know who our crew was last year, but it was against the Jets we got the infamous lowering of the head by Mike Hilton penalty that was absolutely atrocious call, and sealed the game for the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don’t know who our crew was last year, but it was against the Jets we got the infamous lowering of the head by Mike Hilton penalty that was absolutely atrocious call, and sealed the game for the Jets.

hey, refs got it right. good call there
Reply/Quote
I’m glad we still scored, but that was ridiculous hops from Tee.
Reply/Quote
A lot of replays is how it's initially called as they need evidence e to overturn it.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: hey, refs got it right. good call there

Ninja

Gonna add a ninja here for you lol
Reply/Quote
It’s such a weird rule that it’s a catch if you’re falling forward and only get your toes in.

Tee and Chase have had 2 of the nicest non-TD’s you will see all season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The thing is Zack had to challenge to get the review. The play should have been called a td on the field and then gone to automatic review. Could have been insufficient evidence to overturn. Instead Bengals lose a time out.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 11:02 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: The thing is Zack had to challenge to get the review. The play should have been called a td on the field and then gone to automatic review. Could have been insufficient evidence to overturn. Instead Bengals lose a time out.

Why would they call it a TD if they thought his heel hit out of bounds? That's not how reffing works. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s such a weird rule that it’s a catch if you’re falling forward and only get your toes  in.

Tee and Chase have had 2 of the nicest non-TD’s you will see all season.

Agreed. The rule makes no sense but it has been that way for years and years.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

He looks out. Looks like the left foot touched just oob and i thought i saw some white come up from his right cleats.

Absolutely insane that he came that close though. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think it’s close, but you’re full of shit if you say that his heels definitely didn’t touch. You just can’t tell. People are looking at this one through orange tinted glasses, thus the complaining.

If the refs would have initially called it a TD, it would have stayed that way. Unfortunately, it went the other way.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Yeah definitely a weird rule that doesn't make a lot of sense. The only play that I think was bad was the chase fumble that should've been called incomplete.
Reply/Quote
I don't get it because, if a receiver is outstretched on the sideline, he only needs his toes to drag in.

I guess it makes sense if you look at it from he has to establish control while inbounds, but then the sideline example or if he's going out of the back of the endzone and catching a ball from overhead.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m glad we still scored, but that was ridiculous hops from Tee.

Remember he was going to go into basketball but his coach/mom told him "imagine what you could do in football with your height".
Reply/Quote
It still was a beautiful catch. The Chase catch/fumble is the one that hit me. If you look at the Mixon fumble/incomplete just before half it was exactly like the Chase catch yet it was ruled incomplete. Who knows anymore.
Reply/Quote
As for this play, I thought if you have possession as soon as the other toe taps down it’s a TD. What’s the difference between that play and running towards the sideline in the endzone getting both toes down before immediately going out.
Reply/Quote